Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

My secret shame is a used to play a game called Dogz 4 and used to deliberately cross breed dogs! :o ! In my defense I was about 10...

That's a bannable offence on DOL!!! :eek:

But how else would you get a white Labrador? (Which was what I really wanted) lol. It was a good game though, all these pet games nowadays are so fancy!!

you crazy kids and your tamagotchi's!

I went down to south beach the other day with Stella. And it was blowing about 20 knots on the dog beach side and about 5 knots on the main beach side. So I did a naughty and just went about 10 metres the other side of the rock wall and kept her on lead. Was having a great time and stella even got in for a swim and was doing a great doggy paddle but slowly sinking at the same time. Then I had a guy come up to me and scream blue murder and start using crazy analogies about me driving 200km an hour. Was quite funny actually.

Hello!!!! Another Perthite here :wave: ...just joined the forum :) I have Flatcoated Retreivers.

:wave: hi Hawksdale! :welcome:

How old are your retrievers? Do you do any sport with them? :)

HI Weasel, :wave:

I am hoping to do some agility with my youngest girl (20mth) and maybe my boy (4) if my daughter wants to go, just not sure where to start looking though. :)

I am hoping to do some agility with my youngest girl (20mth) and maybe my boy (4) if my daughter wants to go, just not sure where to start looking though. :)

Welcome Hawksdale! For agility training near you, there is a club that does agility at Cloverdale, another at Bassendean (Perth training obedience club) also two clubs do it at Canine Grounds in Southern River (Agility Club of WA and Southern River Agility & Obedience Dog Club)

We have a Flattie at ACWA and she has recently started competing in agility :D Same lady that MG mentioned

Welcome - Hawkesdale :D

ETA CC glad to see Kwinana is now the beach of choice for DOLers!

It was just as lovely down there today, apart from the woma who told Louis to p*ss off in no uncertain terms when he went near her dog, perhaps she thought he had some horrible skin disease :laugh:

However it's much better if I go down with a bunch of you - on his own with just Daisy he is more focused on other dogs and rushes up to them, he recall goes out the window when his anxiety kick in :(

I can't have him on the lead there as he is 100x worse on the lead when dogs are running around, but I can't have him running up to dogs as that's exactly what I wouldn't want other dogs doing to him :( So I may just go down when there are perth meets there and he can stick with a 'pack' :)