Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hey Rumour - I am sure Perth is going to seem like a sleepy little town coming from Sydney :laugh:

Deb O (with toller Zippa) is currently posted to Pearce - she trains with ACWA at the K9 grounds on a Tuesday. Midland would be the closest club to Pearce - they have obedience and DWD, not sure about agility.

Thanks for the ionformation. I think everywhere is going to seem so different this posting as I've only every been in Sydney and Brisbane. We are currently looking at W.A. and South Australia (can't remember the third prefernce) which a both very very different to Sydeny

Is the base you're living on now on the outskirts of town? Even Perth people would think that Pearce is quite a way from anything although the Gingin area is pretty. Have a look on Google Earth if you haven't already.

Where I currently am is right on the outskirts of Sydney, it takes easily over an hour to get into the city. I had a look on google maps and Pearce is about 50 minutes from Perth, does that sound right?

Where I currently am is right on the outskirts of Sydney, it takes easily over an hour to get into the city. I had a look on google maps and Pearce is about 50 minutes from Perth, does that sound right?

Pearce Air base area to the Canine i would suggest an hour or just over especially on weekends ,The road to Pearce is the main roads to the Swan Valley (just before Pearce) & then goes on to Geraldton,Lancelin,Dongara etc etc so it is a very busy road & if you get caught up behind the road trains the drive can take longer

Upper Swan & the surrounds many canine people live at ,Pearce not much further down but the area is well supported by canine people.

Pearce it self is very much a small town ship ,not alot around ,basic shops .

The main shopping drag would be Midland so it would depend on whether being closer to Pearce is the preferred option or living more the 40 mins away will bring you closer to public transport,shops & the likes.

Gingin is further out & quiet isolated ,Muchea the same you would need to be someone who is happy to amuse themselves in a country fashion with neighbours not being that close around

Yep no flyball here

Pro's for Adelaide they do have flyball & easy to drive to the varying states for bigger trial clusters

Edited by showdog

Showdog, it doesn't take my friend much if anything over an hour to get to Canine from Chittering and that is another 10 mins North from Bullsbrook (where Pearce airbase is). We drive on those roads regularly and at the times you tend to go to shows/trials the road are usually fine. The only issue is Friday evening events :)

A lot of people who live that way don't go to Midland, they drive West and go shopping in Joondalup or Wanneroo :) Just depends what habit they get into LOL.

Amypie - my backyard is looking increasingly kelpie-friendly thanks to your help :D

Aframe.jpg

Ahhh cool :thumbsup: Looks like you're getting better use out of it than I was :laugh:

Is the base you're living on now on the outskirts of town? Even Perth people would think that Pearce is quite a way from anything although the Gingin area is pretty. Have a look on Google Earth if you haven't already.

Not really LOL. I know quite a few people who live further out than the base and regularly compete in dog showing :laugh: I probably live a similar distance although slightly different direction...

Midland is the closest Club to Pearce (30 mins or less) with Northern Suburbs being not too much further and depending on where exactly you are based it is likely to be closer. Southern River, where most of the competitions are held and there are more training Club, is 1 hour at most from Pearce airbase :)

I will be at Pearce on Saturday doing parking for their Airshow :rofl:

See you on Sat we coming out to the show :) well so hubby tells me i like the real things just not models :lol:

The biggest benefit of WA is that it's the only state in Australia that has it's own thread on DOL :D

but, apparently if you are in SA you can be part of it anyway, right ness? ;)

I'm still not quite sure why this is...maybe because we are so isolated from the others, they let us get away with it? Or maybe because we are so isolated, we have more state based loyalty?

Weasels, love the agility equipment! Your kelpies must love it too! I don't need agility equipment, I just got Ella a giant toy to play with... :laugh:

Amypie, are you not doing agility anymore?

Ahhh cool :thumbsup: Looks like you're getting better use out of it than I was :laugh:

I've managed to get both of them over it as-is, but I've bought an extra chain to reinforce it just to be safe :)

I just got Ella a giant toy to play with... :laugh:

:laugh: lucky Ella! It's so great when they get along so well :)

The biggest benefit of WA is that it's the only state in Australia that has it's own thread on DOL :D

but, apparently if you are in SA you can be part of it anyway, right ness? ;)

:rofl: Or in Tassie ... but that's cos you WA people are sooooo nice :laugh: .. and I have a WA bred pup as well :D

Amypie, are you not doing agility anymore?

I certainly am, with Trixie anyway, building up to the nationals next month. Just had to move out of home and I wasn't using the A frame since my two are both doing full competition height a frame now anyway and I have access to equipment at clubs.

I've managed to get both of them over it as-is, but I've bought an extra chain to reinforce it just to be safe :)

Ah great - good plan - probably fine on that lower height anyway

So we'll see you in the ring soon! :D :laugh:

I would have loved to have gone to the air show but I'm going to Geraldton! Oh well next year :D

I was going to enter Hemi at Geraldton - but my instructor at the time told me not too.... My new instructor told me I should have... Oh well, plenty of time left in the year.

I will be at Geraldton for the dog show :) With my naughty Lakeland Terror Terrier :laugh:

Hey Rumour - I am sure Perth is going to seem like a sleepy little town coming from Sydney :laugh:

Deb O (with toller Zippa) is currently posted to Pearce - she trains with ACWA at the K9 grounds on a Tuesday. Midland would be the closest club to Pearce - they have obedience and DWD, not sure about agility.

Thanks for the ionformation. I think everywhere is going to seem so different this posting as I've only every been in Sydney and Brisbane. We are currently looking at W.A. and South Australia (can't remember the third prefernce) which a both very very different to Sydeny

Perth is dog-training heaven - so many great dogs and great trainers there. Maybe no flyball, but they're super for most everything else. (Says one who could hardly live further away :rofl:

Ive just joined Midland, they do obedience for all levels, Rally o, dancing with dogs, and Agility. Training is on a Tuesday night, its a lovely club, not too big, & the instructors are awesome. :)