Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Where is the Razor burn CBR? The reason I ask is Dougal had it on his front leg where they put the canula in but it was actually burn from the anaesthetic going in (a bit leaked which is apparently common).

Anyway, I have a wonderful soothing cream I used which sorted it in no time (from NZ) but as I can't get it to you without difficulty, I would suggest you use some paw paw ointment, or some Jarrah honey (the latter is likely to be licked off but it will depend on where the burn is).

Sounds like you are going to have to have Lincoln on lead inside! :thumbsup:

Where is the Razor burn CBR? The reason I ask is Dougal had it on his front leg where they put the canula in but it was actually burn from the anaesthetic going in (a bit leaked which is apparently common).

Anyway, I have a wonderful soothing cream I used which sorted it in no time (from NZ) but as I can't get it to you without difficulty, I would suggest you use some paw paw ointment, or some Jarrah honey (the latter is likely to be licked off but it will depend on where the burn is).

Sounds like you are going to have to have Lincoln on lead inside! :thumbsup:

Razor burn is on his tummy which is all shaved. But there isn't much. I will put on some paw paw ointment. :thumbsup:

Just thought I should say Happy Birthday to Toby who is 2 today. Poor boy got a little bit forgotten in the drama. Our boy dogs are competeing who can have the stupidest accident as pups, Jack (RIP) ate snail pellets $800, Toby broke his leg around $3000 all up and Lincoln ate something that gave him gastro, his bill: :hug: .

Happy Birthday Toby

S8001097.jpg

S8001130.jpg

Happy Birthday Toby!!!

Happy belated birthday to Toby and I am glad to hear Lincoln is home :thumbsup:

Can anyone with a Canine News handy please tell me the catalogue cost for the Winter Festival. The schedule on the DogsWest website doesn't mention catalogue and I want to post my entries today if possible.

Happy belated birthday to Toby and I am glad to hear Lincoln is home :thumbsup:

Can anyone with a Canine News handy please tell me the catalogue cost for the Winter Festival. The schedule on the DogsWest website doesn't mention catalogue and I want to post my entries today if possible.

$2.50 - for each catalogue, separate one for each show!! Of course Im working that weekend!! Damn work, who invented it anyway?

So,............havent been on for a few weeks - b'band dramas and couldnt deal with dial up internet!!

Sorry to hear about poor Lincoln - glad hes home and on the mend VCBR.

Rat

Who's going to the royal show this year? I'd love to do the obedience with Sophie if we're ready.

I can't see me entering a royal anytime soon, way too distracting and sounds like a real hassle with parking and setting dogs up! Couldn't take Millie, she'd bark her head off crated. At least having my car, I can reduce the noise pollution by locking her in there :thumbsup:

Who's going to the royal show this year? I'd love to do the obedience with Sophie if we're ready.

The Royal is a real tough environment so make sure this isn't your first trial :welcome: Its also a very l o n g day :thumbsup: but its great fun.

Scoota's favourite event is the Royal - he gets to share fairy floss and lollies with all the kids :thumbsup:

I think Kyzer would self destruct at the Royal :thumbsup: Maybe I'll do it in a few years with Trixie or Kyzer if he gets better with people. Plus the thought of being locked in all day without even having access to a comfy car is a bit of a put off, I feel exhausted just thinking about it!

The Royal is a real tough environment so make sure this isn't your first trial :) Its also a very l o n g day :) but its great fun.

Scoota's favourite event is the Royal - he gets to share fairy floss and lollies with all the kids :thumbsup:

Definitely won't do it as a first trial :) and I doubt we'll be ready for it this year but I'd love to come watch.

I think Kyzer would self destruct at the Royal :thumbsup: Maybe I'll do it in a few years with Trixie or Kyzer if he gets better with people. Plus the thought of being locked in all day without even having access to a comfy car is a bit of a put off, I feel exhausted just thinking about it!

:welcome: Are you serious no car.

The Royal is a real tough environment so make sure this isn't your first trial :) Its also a very l o n g day :) but its great fun.

Definitely won't do it as a first trial :sick: and I doubt we'll be ready for it this year but I'd love to come watch.

I think Kyzer would self destruct at the Royal :welcome: Maybe I'll do it in a few years with Trixie or Kyzer if he gets better with people. Plus the thought of being locked in all day without even having access to a comfy car is a bit of a put off, I feel exhausted just thinking about it!

:) Are you serious no car.

Yep, that is why I think it's a hassle. You have to park your car off grounds (and pay for it!!) and walk your stuff in, dogs crated all day in designated area only. Or so I've heard :wave:

I think entries close soon anyway so if you're not soon to be ready, you'll probably miss the cutoff for entries before you truly decide if you're ready or not :thumbsup:

In my years of visiting the Royal before my days of being a crazy Labrador mum, I had NO IDEA there were dog shows there! I only ever saw the livestock stuff and cars. I was truly missing out!! I would like to go this year and watch the obedience/agility at the Royal, but it's so damn expensive to get in!!

P.S. If anybody entering has a spare ticket and wants a helper for the day, I'll volunteer :thumbsup::welcome::thumbsup:

Edited by RubyStar

Entries close 9th August.

10. DELIVERY OF DOGS:

10.1 Obedience, Agility, Jumping, Teams, Games

and Dances With Dogs Competitors: Owners

of dogs must arrive in time for vetting. Dogs and

handlers will be permitted to enter through Gate

8, Ashton Avenue by foot. Vehicles will be

allowed to access a drop off point, information for

this will be forwarded with your gate passes. All

vehicles must be parked off the Showground.

11. VEHICLE PARKING:

Parking of Exhibitors vehicles will not be

permitted in the Showground.

11.1 Obedience, Agility, Jumping, Teams, Games and

Dances With Dogs Exhibitors: Parking is avail

able in the paid public parking area near Ashton

Avenue.

ETA: Forms etc are available here if anyone is interested: http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/competiti...itions/dogs223/

Edited by amypie