Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well I'm second in Novice agility which should kick off around 9am, then second last in Excellent agility which would probably be about 11.30am?

Then in the arvo first in Novice agility (approx 1pm maybe?) then second last in Excellent jumping (4pm-ish? Not sure!)

valleyCBR are you still going to the Rally seminar? I'm going - I sent my form off yesterday. By the way it was freezing at Eden Hill last night, no one came for agility, just us tough obedience people toughing it out :laugh: .

RubyStar I might be coming to watch obedience at the Royal so maybe I can sit with you :) .

I sent my Rally form off ages ago and already recieved an email confirmation. No idea which dog I am taking. Should probably make an effort to get to training at Eden Hill. Might be there Monday with Toby. Will probably join the beginners class cause it's been so long.

I sent my Rally form off ages ago and already recieved an email confirmation. No idea which dog I am taking. Should probably make an effort to get to training at Eden Hill. Might be there Monday with Toby. Will probably join the beginners class cause it's been so long.

I'll be there Monday unless it's raining

Nigel no friends is better than having a friend who is bored so keeps bugging you about when you can go and do something ;) Obedience is on the Sunday so you can come and visit us at the show area :hug:

That's why I need a friend who is actually interested in watching it :) Looks like VCBR might be my friend for the day ;) Will also come visit the showring :p

I am going to be going this year, missed out on watching the dog events last year, got there too late

I hope when the Xolo is on there is some agility and I can pop over and have a look, the woman at the RAS had no idea what a Xolo was and said we were in Group 5 ho hum

Dogs west are supposed to be sorting it out I hope!

Ive educated the RAS at QLD ADELAIDE and nearly Perth now just the rest of the Royals lol

:hug:

I hope when the Xolo is on there is some agility and I can pop over and have a look, the woman at the RAS had no idea what a Xolo was and said we were in Group 5 ho hum

Ive educated the RAS at QLD ADELAIDE and nearly Perth now just the rest of the Royals lol

:)

What day are you on? (I can't be bothered looking it up myself :hug: )

valleyCBR are you still going to the Rally seminar? I'm going - I sent my form off yesterday. By the way it was freezing at Eden Hill last night, no one came for agility, just us tough obedience people toughing it out :hug: .

RubyStar I might be coming to watch obedience at the Royal so maybe I can sit with you ;) .

Amy and I braved the cold last night to do some agility. Got a bit warm running around, had to take layers off! ;)

No worries, if I do end up going, you're welcome to come be nigel no friends no more with me :) I'll decide by August if I'm actually entering or not, but I am leaning towards spectating only :p

In my years of visiting the Royal before my days of being a crazy Labrador mum, I had NO IDEA there were dog shows there! I only ever saw the livestock stuff and cars. I was truly missing out!! I would like to go this year and watch the obedience/agility at the Royal, but it's so damn expensive to get in!!

P.S. If anybody entering has a spare ticket and wants a helper for the day, I'll volunteer :) ;) :hug:

If you enteryou generally get two passes can work out cheaper ??

So I should enter a dog, then scratch them, just to get a cheaper entry ticket? That's a good way ;)

If the pass system is the same as last year the passes can only be used for the day your have entered,so if you do scratch you could only attend that day irrespective

And only with a dog in tow as they changed it again at the last minute making all tickets sent out useless. They are doing as many screw ups this year, many people are recieving others mail, in the lead up to the Royal, so heavens knows what the actual Royal will be like.

Nigel no friends is better than having a friend who is bored so keeps bugging you about when you can go and do something ;) Obedience is on the Sunday so you can come and visit us at the show area :hug:

That's why I need a friend who is actually interested in watching it ;) Looks like VCBR might be my friend for the day :p Will also come visit the showring :heart:

I am going to be going this year, missed out on watching the dog events last year, got there too late

:)

And only with a dog in tow as they changed it again at the last minute making all tickets sent out useless. They are doing as many screw ups this year, many people are recieving others mail, in the lead up to the Royal, so heavens knows what the actual Royal will be like.

Well that's screwed! :) What if you are legitimately wanting to enter your dog, you've paid your fees, and then say your dog becomes ill or in season and you can't bring the dog anymore! You should still be allowed to go and watch your fellow competitors. Sounds like they're really making a mess of things, especially with the mail debacle :hug:

RubyStar, I should be able to give you a ticket for the Sunday ;) Actually, I could probably give tickets for most days :) We are members so get several passes for free, plus the ones for showing the animals which we don't use since we get entry anyway, plus we generally buy half price tickets for friends that can be used on any day.

This year will be a fairly light year for me I think.

Saturday (1st): Teams agility if I can be bothered organising a team

Sunday: Dog breed with 3 Lappies and a Kelpie

Monday: Individual agility

Wednesday: Show Hunter classes for my horse.

Saturday (2nd): Agility games? Although that is up to OzJen and J.

I would normally do at least two days of breed showing with the horses too, but one of my breeds is the same day as the individual agility and the other is the same day as my Show Hunter classes.

Hoping Jenna may be on maternal duties, but not holding my breathe. :hug:

If you have an extra ticket, I'd love to still be able to come one day. ;) Though it won't be the same without my "fluffybutt".

ETA: If maternal duties don't happen, then she can be entered in anything that you want to run her in, I have lots of holiday time stacked up with work.

Edited by ozjen

Well that's screwed! :) What if you are legitimately wanting to enter your dog, you've paid your fees, and then say your dog becomes ill or in season and you can't bring the dog anymore! You should still be allowed to go and watch your fellow competitors. Sounds like they're really making a mess of things, especially with the mail debacle :hug:

Yep, and some people have their handlers arriving later that the dogs so they wouldn't have dogs in tow. B#^^!y tight bu##!rs, given that they expect you to hand around all day, you pay as much for your entry and would probabaly spend more money there anyway. If dog comes into heat or is sick, "too bad how sad" NO ENTRY!

I have been to the obidience a couple of years ago to meet with Ptolomy and find out all about Tollers because I wanted to get one (before I found out they screamed ;) ).

:hug: Aaah that cracked me up :)

Funnily enough the screaming thing never put me off Tollers, just didn't feel I meet a Toller's needs! Maybe one day! ETA: Then maybe I can join all you retrieving groupies ;)

Anybody here going to the trial on Sunday? VCBR are you entering any trials or leaving it for a bit?

I love the Tollers too but got put off when I heard that they scream. It was bad enough I had a Shiba Inu that screamed when I tried to bath it, I was always in fear of the RSPCA knocking on my door to see why I was torturing a dog, to say nothing of what the screaming did for my own nerves. Luckily we eventually reached a compromise and I learn to break speed records at bathing her.

;)

What day are you on? (I can't be bothered looking it up myself :hug: )

havent got a clue ! Neither has anyone else !! :) for the WA royal anyway lol I will post when I know

You know what they say about red cordial Ptolomy!!!!!! :hug::) ;)

Who's going to the royal show this year? I'd love to do the obedience with Sophie if we're ready.

The Royal is a real tough environment so make sure this isn't your first trial :heart: Its also a very l o n g day :p but its great fun.

Scoota's favourite event is the Royal - he gets to share fairy floss and lollies with all the kids ;)

So WX - have your kids been "in" a show yet, or is that still to come in July??

Looks like I wont get to Perth to watch another dog show for some time! Bummer......... :cheer:

Im looking forward to the Ridgie show in September though and the Royal. Think Ill be there on the Thursday, we head up on the bus - shame they dont go every day, so I have to be happy with their day! I will get to see whatever groups are on the Thursday.

We have been enjoying the "spring" weather down here with lots of bushwalks :) ........ Although I really wish it would rain, its getting quite scary with little feed and littler water in the tanks :o

Rat

So who is entered in the agility tomorrow? If I hadn't been neglecting my house so much I would pop down to watch, but I think I have to have a dog-activity free day, as much as I don't like the idea :) Had an obedience trial this morning then instead of coming home to mow the lawn, I spent the arvo at mum and dad's just relaxing, and conveniently stayed for dinner :cheer: before coming home to relax on the lounge tonight. Don't get to do the relaxing thing all too often so I am going to enjoy tonight of nothing :o

I found out today that the Xolos are possibly on the Thursday 30th, as thats any other breeds not listed are on!!

Hopefully may see you there LabRat, their first show is July 3rd then the winter Festival.

Be good to see you again,,

J

:o

l

Looks like I wont get to Perth to watch another dog show for some time! Bummer......... :cheer:

Im looking forward to the Ridgie show in September though and the Royal. Think Ill be there on the Thursday, we head up on the bus - shame they dont go every day, so I have to be happy with their day! I will get to see whatever groups are on the Thursday.

We have been enjoying the "spring" weather down here with lots of bushwalks :) ........ Although I really wish it would rain, its getting quite scary with little feed and littler water in the tanks :o

Rat

Saw the kids down at the K9 today having show practice... they are looking great!

I found out today that the Xolos are possibly on the Thursday 30th, as thats any other breeds not listed are on!!

Hopefully may see you there LabRat, their first show is July 3rd then the winter Festival.

Be good to see you again,,

J

:o

l

Rat