Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

In my years of visiting the Royal before my days of being a crazy Labrador mum, I had NO IDEA there were dog shows there! I only ever saw the livestock stuff and cars. I was truly missing out!! I would like to go this year and watch the obedience/agility at the Royal, but it's so damn expensive to get in!!

P.S. If anybody entering has a spare ticket and wants a helper for the day, I'll volunteer :thumbsup::welcome::thumbsup:

If you enteryou generally get two passes can work out cheaper ??

In my years of visiting the Royal before my days of being a crazy Labrador mum, I had NO IDEA there were dog shows there! I only ever saw the livestock stuff and cars. I was truly missing out!! I would like to go this year and watch the obedience/agility at the Royal, but it's so damn expensive to get in!!

P.S. If anybody entering has a spare ticket and wants a helper for the day, I'll volunteer :thumbsup::welcome::thumbsup:

So I should enter a dog, then scratch them, just to get a cheaper entry ticket? That's a good way :)

So I should enter a dog, then scratch them, just to get a cheaper entry ticket? That's a good way :)

If the pass system is the same as last year the passes can only be used for the day your have entered,so if you do scratch you could only attend that day irrespective

P.S. If anybody entering has a spare ticket and wants a helper for the day, I'll volunteer :welcome::):thumbsup:

If the pass system is the same as last year the passes can only be used for the day your have entered,so if you do scratch you could only attend that day irrespective

Yep that's fine, I only want to go to watch the obedience, I'm not interested in the rest of the show. ie. overpriced rides and showbags! :thumbsup:

P.S. If anybody entering has a spare ticket and wants a helper for the day, I'll volunteer :welcome::):thumbsup:

Yep that's fine, I only want to go to watch the obedience, I'm not interested in the rest of the show. ie. overpriced rides and showbags! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good plan RubyStar :)

RubyStar, I should be able to give you a ticket for the Sunday :) Actually, I could probably give tickets for most days :laugh: We are members so get several passes for free, plus the ones for showing the animals which we don't use since we get entry anyway, plus we generally buy half price tickets for friends that can be used on any day.

This year will be a fairly light year for me I think.

Saturday (1st): Teams agility if I can be bothered organising a team

Sunday: Dog breed with 3 Lappies and a Kelpie

Monday: Individual agility

Wednesday: Show Hunter classes for my horse.

Saturday (2nd): Agility games? Although that is up to OzJen and J.

I would normally do at least two days of breed showing with the horses too, but one of my breeds is the same day as the individual agility and the other is the same day as my Show Hunter classes.

I am looking at entries then at half bald Lincoln then back to entries a bit unsure. :laugh: Might enter but plan not to go. It's cool for show people you can request to sit next to your friends. :( (Like in high school when you went to camp)

I think I will enter Toby in novice jumping but probably end up scratching him. :) The poor dog has not recieved much training lately.

The poor dog has not recieved much training lately.

I haven't been to training since the Nationals or done anything with Banjo at home :) Really need to start again but things keep coming up and I have used any excuse not to do the trip to Canine :laugh:

Who's going to the royal show this year? I'd love to do the obedience with Sophie if we're ready.

i want to enter kelari inthe royal was waiting for it to haveinfo in canine news will see what happens :laugh:

RubyStar, I should be able to give you a ticket for the Sunday ;) Actually, I could probably give tickets for most days :(

Woohoo! Thanks mirawee ;) What day is the obedience? Sunday I think? :) But now I'll need to find a friend though who would want to sit through the obedience with me otherwise I'll be nigel no friends all day :)

I am looking at entries then at half bald Lincoln then back to entries a bit unsure. :) Might enter but plan not to go. It's cool for show people you can request to sit next to your friends. :D (Like in high school when you went to camp)

I think I will enter Toby in novice jumping but probably end up scratching him. :eek: The poor dog has not recieved much training lately.

So you can't set up where you want in the designated area if you're competing? :laugh:

Come sit and watch obedience with me :D I'd like to watch the agility, too, but can't see me making the treck 2 days.

Nigel no friends is better than having a friend who is bored so keeps bugging you about when you can go and do something :( Obedience is on the Sunday so you can come and visit us at the show area :laugh:

Obedience and Agility you can sit where you want within the designated area, however for showing you are given specific benches that your dogs must remain on when not competing or going to toilet breaks. There are quite a few rules for the show dogs as well, such as they are not allowed to be hidden from teh public view for long periods of time :)

The poor dog has not recieved much training lately.

I haven't been to training since the Nationals or done anything with Banjo at home :) Really need to start again but things keep coming up and I have used any excuse not to do the trip to Canine :)

Maybe we should do the biggest disaster strat pairs in the world! :(:eek: Yes I should start training, my aim is for Toby to have his JD title by the time he is 3. So that gives me a year. :laugh:

RS the allocated bench is for showing, not agility/obidience, I have no idea how that works. I will try come watch obidience with you, I should enter Lincoln in CCD to get a free ticket and bring him along as a practice run for showing but scratch him from actually competeing. :)

vCBR, the agility/obedience is a completely different atmosphere from the showing :( I am sure I could find a ticket for you if you want free entry too :laugh:

I would love that Mirawee.

I have been to the obidience a couple of years ago to meet with Ptolomy and find out all about Tollers because I wanted to get one (before I found out they screamed :) ). The ring seemed pretty tiny though so no idea how they fit agility in there.

I have been to the obidience a couple of years ago to meet with Ptolomy and find out all about Tollers because I wanted to get one (before I found out they screamed :( ).

:laugh: Aaah that cracked me up :)

Funnily enough the screaming thing never put me off Tollers, just didn't feel I meet a Toller's needs! Maybe one day! ETA: Then maybe I can join all you retrieving groupies :)

Anybody here going to the trial on Sunday? VCBR are you entering any trials or leaving it for a bit?

Edited by amypie

Nigel no friends is better than having a friend who is bored so keeps bugging you about when you can go and do something :( Obedience is on the Sunday so you can come and visit us at the show area :laugh:

That's why I need a friend who is actually interested in watching it :) Looks like VCBR might be my friend for the day :) Will also come visit the showring :)

I have been to the obidience a couple of years ago to meet with Ptolomy and find out all about Tollers because I wanted to get one (before I found out they screamed :( ).

:laugh: Aaah that cracked me up :)

Funnily enough the screaming thing never put me off Tollers, just didn't feel I meet a Toller's needs! Maybe one day!

Anybody here going to the trial on Sunday? VCBR are you entering any trials or leaving it for a bit?

I am on a break with Toby until July 31st. However I will be at K9 on Sunday with Lincoln because (a) he has a fan that wants to meet him (b) my friend wants to get a Goldy so we are going to the specialty so I can do some introductions and © to listen to Maureen Gamble who bred Lincoln's great grandsire give a talk about breed type.

Now we are also going to watch Kyzer in Excellent and to see him get his AD title. :)

I have been to the obidience a couple of years ago to meet with Ptolomy and find out all about Tollers because I wanted to get one (before I found out they screamed :eek: ).

:) Aaah that cracked me up :(

Funnily enough the screaming thing never put me off Tollers, just didn't feel I meet a Toller's needs! Maybe one day!

I am on a break with Toby until July 31st. However I will be at K9 on Sunday with Lincoln because (a) he has a fan that wants to meet him (b) my friend wants to get a Goldy so we are going to the specialty so I can do some introductions and © to listen to Maureen Gamble who bred Lincoln's great grandsire give a talk about breed type.

Oooohhh Lincoln has a fan! :D

Okay I'll see you on Sunday, I'll be easy to spot, look for the nigel-no-friends :) :D

Now we are also going to watch Kyzer in Excellent and to see him get his AD title. ;)

Hope you're not expecting to see that this Sunday :) Ah well we'll see how he feels on the day :laugh:

Guest RosieFT

What time are you on Amy?

I don't know if i am going to help my friend at a dressage show, but if i am free, might pop down :-)