Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks showdog :thanks:

It is probably the long weekend I am looking at, so I guess I had better start looking around :eek: Didn't think I'd have to do it this soon :o

Can kennels usually accommodate having both of my girls in the same kennel? They (and more probably I) would cope better if they got to stay together.

Are u going on a holiday?? I would offer to have them but Mason would bug them too much!

It is probably the long weekend I am looking at, so I guess I had better start looking around :eek: Didn't think I'd have to do it this soon :o

Can kennels usually accommodate having both of my girls in the same kennel? They (and more probably I) would cope better if they got to stay together.

Kennels should be up front if they can not accomadate the 2 in one run,varying councils have different regulations for what size dogs.\ can go in what size runs

we certainly can house dogs of that size & would never seperate .

The long weekend goes very quickly.

It is probably the long weekend I am looking at, so I guess I had better start looking around :o Didn't think I'd have to do it this soon :thumbsup:

Are u going on a holiday?? I would offer to have them but Mason would bug them too much!

Thanks, though I don't think I could palm them off to you anyway, 3 Labs in your house would drive you insane and I'd feel terribly guilty! :eek:

My two (at the time) stayed at showdog's kennels, in the same kennel, a few years back. I don't think the prices have changed since then either :thanks:
Kennels should be up front if they can not accomadate the 2 in one run,varying councils have different regulations for what size dogs.\ can go in what size runs

we certainly can house dogs of that size & would never seperate .

:eek:

I am going to have a huge hassle if I ever go away, the vets are recommending not to vaccinate him only titre test as his allergies are really bad so I dont think any kennels would ever take him, would need to get a house sitter if we needed to go away, the only time I would leave him is if we had a family emergency back home.

I have half a bag of Hills ZD that my dog cannot eat, sitting at home here, if anyone would like it I am giving it away to a good home lol.....

If noone else wants it I'll have it :D Gosh I feel like such a scab :rofl: I'll give you some $$ for it if you like :rofl:

I am going to have a huge hassle if I ever go away, the vets are recommending not to vaccinate him only titre test as his allergies are really bad so I dont think any kennels would ever take him, would need to get a house sitter if we needed to go away, the only time I would leave him is if we had a family emergency back home.

Actually, there are a few places that will accept titre tests :shrug: but if worse came to worst, I'm sure one of your doggy friends could help out :mad

Edited by Golden Rules

Hey Rubystar, how did you enjoy your retrieving weekend away ?

Wasn't all that bad was it ?

I think your Ruby is gorgeous. So bright and boucy; just my type of Lab. I hope you get to do some retrieving with her.

Yes thanks, I really enjoyed it! I just have to find time now to train it as I'd like to hopefully trial in retrieving too one day. I think there is a training day this Sunday, right? I'll be there! :rofl:

I was really impressed with all the dogs there at the weekend, they're all fab :laugh::eek: Well done with your dogs and I hope your caravan was still in one piece when you got back to it ;)

Thanks, I think my girl is just gorgeous, too :rofl::rofl: Bouncy, most definitely! :rofl:

I have half a bag of Hills ZD that my dog cannot eat, sitting at home here, if anyone would like it I am giving it away to a good home lol.....

If noone else wants it I'll have it :laugh: Gosh I feel like such a scab :eek: I'll give you some $$ for it if you like ;)

Sorry RS a lady from the allergy forum beat you too it, her dogs are both on Hills ZD only so it worked out quite well for her. The Hills ZD is not something i would feed to normal healthy dogs, I believe it has very little nutrition in it ?

If noone else wants it I'll have it :laugh: Gosh I feel like such a scab :eek: I'll give you some $$ for it if you like :rofl:

Sorry RS a lady from the allergy forum beat you too it, her dogs are both on Hills ZD only so it worked out quite well for her. The Hills ZD is not something i would feed to normal healthy dogs, I believe it has very little nutrition in it ?

No worries ;) And didn't realise so it's all good, my kiddies can eat anything thank goodness!

How is Mason?

If noone else wants it I'll have it :laugh: Gosh I feel like such a scab :laugh: I'll give you some $$ for it if you like :D

No worries :o And didn't realise so it's all good, my kiddies can eat anything thank goodness!

How is Mason?

He is going to be fine, he has a nasty ear infection, not a yeasty one this is a nasty one with a pus discharge....... my bubble boy, poor thing, lucky i was not planning on coming to the retrieving training day as he would not be allowed to swim etc.

There are a few kennels in Perth that will accept titre tests. I would get on to it soonish though and keep your records so your not caught short if you ever need to board him unexpectedly.

There are a few kennels in Perth that will accept titre tests. I would get on to it soonish though and keep your records so your not caught short if you ever need to board him unexpectedly.

He is not due for his vaccines until July, would i do the titre then or before, I am not sure exactly how it all works except that it measures antibodies??

He is not due for his vaccines until July, would i do the titre then or before, I am not sure exactly how it all works except that it measures antibodies??

I would get the titre test done and a letter from your vet stating Your dog stating this and that they have imunity!

My vet was quite happy to do this for kenneling and my dog club if nesessary. Our kennel (the one we use that is) generally accept titre test, which I think is becomming the norm!

Rat

I would get the titre test done and a letter from your vet stating Your dog stating this and that they have imunity!

My vet was quite happy to do this for kenneling and my dog club if nesessary. Our kennel (the one we use that is) generally accept titre test, which I think is becomming the norm!

Rat

Thanks Rat, I will do so, I cant even think about leaving him in a boarding facility but if there is an emergency etc I may have to, dont know how he would get on as he only eats raw etc and he has allergies.

Rat

Thanks Rat, I will do so, I cant even think about leaving him in a boarding facility but if there is an emergency etc I may have to, dont know how he would get on as he only eats raw etc and he has allergies.

You should be able to find a kennel that will feed only your food! Or one that feeds raw. You may be pleasantly surprised when you make some inquiries. :(

Good luck!

Rat

Candice, you know either me or GR would have Mason in an emergency, plus others would too I'm sure. Never be afraid to ask me ok? :laugh:

Can anyone recommend a kennel that accept titre testing or is this something I will need to hunt out by calling each place up? :(