Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

any dog can get Parvo (even the vaccsones) but they have less risk same goes with the antibodies. Its just keep an eye out and wash hands etc after touching other dogs, its an airborne virus so only way to stop in is to stay home and never venture out!

We cant do that so being vigilant is the next best thing, its there and has been for years, if we are vigilant thats the best for everyones sake.

I googled parvo a couple of days ago and everything I read said it is NOT airborne, it is a contact disease. :coffee:

I thought that to :rofl: .

Me 3....

parvo is contact .

I also just read that you can spread it by walking somewhere and the virus can be on the bottom of your shoes?? I never realized that it was that contagious which means that if I walked around royal I could have theoretically walked Parvo back into my own yard/home.

parvo is contact .

I also just read that you can spread it by walking somewhere and the virus can be on the bottom of your shoes?? I never realized that it was that contagious which means that if I walked around royal I could have theoretically walked Parvo back into my own yard/home.

It can happen every day of your life ,it can be on your car wheels,gear from training the list goes on .

The reality is though dog parks & the likes are the worse offenders due to the amount of dog poo around & the dogs coming in contact with it or the left over part.

Everyone could bring it home on a daily basis but how many have??

Mas1981 - what did you think of the seminar yesterday?

I really enjoyed it and it gave me a lot of different ideas, I have not done much hand targeting with Mason, we did some but it was ages ago so it has made me realize that I probably need to do more of it. I am not sure that I will go back and re-teach Mason heeling because he is doing so nicely and I think it would not be fair of me to do that really, if he was not heeling properly or not heeling as I wanted then I might consider re-teaching him with those methods. I also realized that I must do more hind end awareness, I do some but not probably as much as I should do.

What did you think Ptolomy?

I met GR's Paddy this morning - he is so gorgeous :o

I'm really jealous. I wish I had gone to the seminar as it would have been perfect for me who is starting out teaching my dogs heeling. i don't know how I missed it! :rofl:

And I am even more jealous you got to meet Paddy!!! :coffee:

Mas1981 - what did you think of the seminar yesterday?

I really enjoyed it and it gave me a lot of different ideas, I have not done much hand targeting with Mason, we did some but it was ages ago so it has made me realize that I probably need to do more of it. I am not sure that I will go back and re-teach Mason heeling because he is doing so nicely and I think it would not be fair of me to do that really, if he was not heeling properly or not heeling as I wanted then I might consider re-teaching him with those methods. I also realized that I must do more hind end awareness, I do some but not probably as much as I should do.

What did you think Ptolomy?

I met GR's Paddy this morning - he is so gorgeous :)

I'm really jealous. I wish I had gone to the seminar as it would have been perfect for me who is starting out teaching my dogs heeling. i don't know how I missed it! :o

And I am even more jealous you got to meet Paddy!!! :coffee:

He is too gorgeous, his little face just melts your heart I could never be cross/angry with that little face, he would get away with murder ifhe were mine :rofl::o

Edited to add that I also met Strauss yesterday and he is also devine, very smart looking little man :)

Valley I almost pm-ed you the details for the seminar as I know you want to try obedience and then I thought that you would have seen it on WAclick and so I never bothered!!

Edited by Mas1981

Those photos of Paddy melted my heart! When's the next DOL meet?!!?

ETA: Posted at the same time MM, we must both have melted hearts :coffee:

We must have a DOL meet soon, any ideas for venues etc? AT this time of year with snakes there is not much choice... RS and I were talking though and we want to do a BBQ near the river sometime ( not Riverside somewhere different).

Private properties.. :o

If I had a free weekend and you wanted to drive you could come up to mine. Can kick the horses out of one of the fully fenced paddocks (well smart dogs realise they can squeeze under the gate :rofl: ) But well, I don't know how much free time I have over the next couple of months :coffee:

Private properties.. :o

If I had a free weekend and you wanted to drive you could come up to mine. Can kick the horses out of one of the fully fenced paddocks (well smart dogs realise they can squeeze under the gate :rofl: ) But well, I don't know how much free time I have over the next couple of months :coffee:

X-Mas windup? :o

He is too gorgeous, his little face just melts your heart I could never be cross/angry with that little face, he would get away with murder ifhe were mine :o:o

You mean this little face?

Paddy1010.jpg

Paddy028.jpg

He has pretty much been fast asleep since we got back home :coffee:

I'm keen for a BBQ, what about Tomato Lake? Don't know if dogs are allowed off lead there though

No, no off lead there. :)

Private properties.. :clap:

If I had a free weekend and you wanted to drive you could come up to mine. Can kick the horses out of one of the fully fenced paddocks (well smart dogs realise they can squeeze under the gate :) ) But well, I don't know how much free time I have over the next couple of months :rofl:

That sounds nice! :)

Edited by Golden Rules

Private properties.. :)

If I had a free weekend and you wanted to drive you could come up to mine. Can kick the horses out of one of the fully fenced paddocks (well smart dogs realise they can squeeze under the gate :o ) But well, I don't know how much free time I have over the next couple of months :coffee:

X-Mas windup? :clap:

Could do :) Takes an hour (55 minutes :rofl: ) to get to my place from Canine. We can even take the dogs down to the lake for a swim, but only if the geese are not in attendance which can't be guaranteed :)

GR, Paddy is too cute for words :o

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!! *melts some more* Gosh he is cute, I love his colouring too.

I like that idea Mirawee! I would be up for that, then we can finally let Trixie and Banjo run free together :coffee:

Obviously we are the only crazies who would want a BBQ with off lead dogs :rofl: Most BBQ areas are on lead only by the looks.