Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Aww he is so cute. Is he light enough to be carried? Mason weighed a ton at that age but I think Goldies are lighter built than labs if I am not mistaken? I cant wait until next week to meet him. I am free most days but thursday morning I have a hairdressers app .

He's probably not quite as big as a Lab puppy but he's sure heavy!! ;)

I have put Mason's puppy collar on him as we are going to the puppy classes shortly, he's done nothing but scratch since he's had it on! I guess it's normal when he isn't used to wearing something around his neck ;)

Maybe Monday meet up at Tom Lake Cafe?

He's a little cutie, Golden Rules can't wait for a cuddle.

I have 114 mozzie bites (I just counted :wave: ) it's my fault for spending Friday evening outside but it does not make it any better. Anyone else getting eaten alive? :dancingelephant:

;) ;) Gee, your blood must be something special!!!

Aww he is so cute. Is he light enough to be carried? Mason weighed a ton at that age but I think Goldies are lighter built than labs if I am not mistaken? I cant wait until next week to meet him. I am free most days but thursday morning I have a hairdressers app .

He's probably not quite as big as a Lab puppy but he's sure heavy!! ;)

I have put Mason's puppy collar on him as we are going to the puppy classes shortly, he's done nothing but scratch since he's had it on! I guess it's normal when he isn't used to wearing something around his neck ;)

Maybe Monday meet up at Tom Lake Cafe?

He's a little cutie, Golden Rules can't wait for a cuddle.

I am hoping to get a cuddle in this week - his face is really adorable!!

Yeah well I'm about to give Paddy away! Just put him in a crate in the bedroom and the noise he is making is DEAFENING!!! I will wring his neck before the night is out! ;)

I will take him :dancingelephant:

Nah. after having a Sheltie pup scream for 3 hours straight take a couple of hours break and then start again I'm not in a hurry to repeat the experience, you can keep Paddy as long as I can have cuddles. Wasn't even that the Sheltie was in a new enviroment its just he didn't have his brother any more as he had gone to his new home. I lay in bed thinking how long would it take to drown him if I filled a bucket with water. ;) I'm not good with little sleep and worrying about cranky neighbours. :wave:

I had puppy cluckies really bad today but the oddest thing was that it wasn't a puppy that set it off but Bronson (10 year old black lab)! Cause we had him over and I kinda went OMG I don't have a black dog anymore! ;) After having a black dog (literally) as long as I can remember it felt really sad! :dancingelephant:

Then I was googing LM puppies (damn you for that obessesion ST :( ) and was like I waaaaaant one!!! ;) Then Lincoln and Toby destroyed Lincoln's fluffy duck and got stuffing everywhere and I was over it. :wave:

I have 114 mozzie bites (I just counted :wave: ) it's my fault for spending Friday evening outside but it does not make it any better. Anyone else getting eaten alive? :dancingelephant:

;) ;) Gee, your blood must be something special!!!

I can sympathise, ours are terrible at the moment and they LOVE my blood. I can have 20 buzzing around me and OH will be lucky to have one! They blow up huge and itch and hurt like crazy as well.

Concrats to the lovely dogs (and Handlers) and their Royal success.

Sure it was Lemonade ......I believe you....no really.........I do**not***

Found a great new spot to walk the dogs this morning :wave: . I think it's called Sandy Beach, it's in Bassendean, it has lots of walking tracks. This woman had two dogs, one followed us for ages we started thinking maybe it wasn't hers so we stopped and when she caught up we asked if it was hers and she says yes sorry I'm daydreaming this morning, so we keep walking and the dog still follows us and she never calls it back ;) we crossed a road, this dog jumped into someones backyard with their dogs, then followed us some more then I don't know where it went. Weird maybe she wanted to lose it, she made no effort to call it back and walked off in a different direction to us ;) .

I've been there a few times with my girls, but I won't go this time of year now as there is lots of bush on one side of the track and I'm wary of snakes :dancingelephant:

Today I got lots of doggie cuddles, bought a lovely Dingo calendar and saw some beautiful Xolo's ;)

oh Poop Rav you should have said WHO you were I love meeting DOLers so I know who is who, I met Golden Rules Baby Goldie and NO Golden Rules!

Rach and her TAFE mates cleaned up all the prizes from Houndstooth Studio!! even put my dogs collar and lead on, I was getting very scared near the end!

lol

Sounds like everyone has had a good week or so with new puppies, excellent show results and other stuff!!

I had a moderately good time at the Royal - wont be taking the husband again, or if I do it will be "meet me back here at something oclock"......I didnt get to see all I wanted. Oh well, at least it didnt rain :p

Found a great new spot to walk the dogs this morning :) . I think it's called Sandy Beach, it's in Bassendean, it has lots of walking tracks. This woman had two dogs, one followed us for ages we started thinking maybe it wasn't hers so we stopped and when she caught up we asked if it was hers and she says yes sorry I'm daydreaming this morning, so we keep walking and the dog still follows us and she never calls it back :p we crossed a road, this dog jumped into someones backyard with their dogs, then followed us some more then I don't know where it went. Weird maybe she wanted to lose it, she made no effort to call it back and walked off in a different direction to us :laugh: .

I've been there a few times with my girls, but I won't go this time of year now as there is lots of bush on one side of the track and I'm wary of snakes ;)

There's snakes just about everywhere I walk, even the park down the road has a lot of bush, I spotted two snakes on one walk once :eek: . I hate this time of year I get so paranoid about snakes, I'll see a stick and think it's a snake and be frantic calling the dogs back :( . See winter is good summer loving people :) .

Sounds like everyone has had a good week or so with new puppies, excellent show results and other stuff!!

I had a moderately good time at the Royal - wont be taking the husband again, or if I do it will be "meet me back here at something oclock"......I didnt get to see all I wanted. Oh well, at least it didnt rain :p

I had the same thing, OH got very bored!!

When my sister and I go, we have a plan! Visit the dog pavillion, then head around the grounds and check everything out in a clockwise direction from there!!! Easy as - unless youre a man!!! Anyhoooooo, better than not going I suppose!

Hey Mas, who are the ridgies in your sig??? Nice horse too - reminds me of a thoroughbred we had years ago, Nicky...Beautiful boy!

Today I got lots of doggie cuddles, bought a lovely Dingo calendar and saw some beautiful Xolo's :laugh:

oh Poop Rav you should have said WHO you were I love meeting DOLers so I know who is who, I met Golden Rules Baby Goldie and NO Golden Rules!

Rach and her TAFE mates cleaned up all the prizes from Houndstooth Studio!! even put my dogs collar and lead on, I was getting very scared near the end!

lol

Yes, I got to meet Naca :p but no Wazzat!! Sorry about that ;) (I was off getting the big dog bathed)

Edited by Golden Rules

Yeh hahahaha we may have won all the good prizes =P I really think I scared Naca though ahahhaha taking his collar off and shannon bear hugging him

No fine from the ranger so it is all good!!! I tried to explain it to mum but she just didnt get how hilarious it was, i think you had to see nacas face to get it. That prize part was sooo good ahhahahaa we may have gotten a bit over excited and gone nuts

Had the best time taking the Xolos for a run over the agility! They did so well and Naca took the tunnel like a duck to water

It was such a good day, getting lots of paddy cuddles this morning and then having to fight my friends to get him back ahahah

Guest RosieFT

awwww... i missed out on seeing your puppy GR ... I met Rach and the Xolos ...

i was demonstrating how not to do agility and finding out how funny people find a cheeky fox terrier that runs around the jumps..... LOL.. of course she did her perfect runs when nobody was looking. ahh well. It was a fun day :-)

Today I got lots of doggie cuddles, bought a lovely Dingo calendar and saw some beautiful Xolo's :p

lol

wished i could of been there ;) sorry

Yeh hahahaha we may have won all the good prizes =P I really think I scared Naca though ahahhaha taking his collar off and shannon bear hugging him

No fine from the ranger so it is all good!!! I tried to explain it to mum but she just didnt get how hilarious it was, i think you had to see nacas face to get it. That prize part was sooo good ahhahahaa we may have gotten a bit over excited and gone nuts

Had the best time taking the Xolos for a run over the agility! They did so well and Naca took the tunnel like a duck to water

It was such a good day, getting lots of paddy cuddles this morning and then having to fight my friends to get him back ahahah

sounds like a great day :laugh:

i got lots of photos from the bis lineup will got hrow and see if i got any poodle pics :eek: i was concentrating on granger so may not off though i did get hundreds of him and helena's border collie. were any other dolers in the BIS lineup??

When my sister and I go, we have a plan! Visit the dog pavillion, then head around the grounds and check everything out in a clockwise direction from there!!! Easy as - unless youre a man!!! Anyhoooooo, better than not going I suppose!

Hey Mas, who are the ridgies in your sig??? Nice horse too - reminds me of a thoroughbred we had years ago, Nicky...Beautiful boy!

The ridgies are my old girls, family pets that still live with my mum in South Africa, they were too old to do quarantine ( 7 months) and the one has cancer so they would not take her, broke my heart to leave them but I could not put them through quarantine even if they were allowed ( they are 11) the one would not eat from strangers. They have also never left my mums so they are happy there i think. Their names are Gabby and Vicky, Gabby is the most stubborn dog I have ever met and she is a right cow but she was my baby, Vicky was more my mums dog, she is very soft hearted. They are from the same litter, their mum was 3/4 ridgeback x bullmastiff and their dad was pure ridgeback. We got them as watchdogs for back in RSA and they are wonderful, even at 11 they do a wonderful job of letting mum know when strangers are near as she lives alone.

Today I got lots of doggie cuddles, bought a lovely Dingo calendar and saw some beautiful Xolo's :laugh:

Well I know where you have been then! :laugh: The Dingos were gorgeous weren't they?!

They were great! They had quite a 'presence', very different from normal domestic type dogs :o

Today I got lots of doggie cuddles, bought a lovely Dingo calendar and saw some beautiful Xolo's :o

lol

I will next time, I was going to introduce myself but then wondered if it would be weird, like an internet stalker :confused: "Hello, I know you from the internet" :cheer:

I really loved seeing your dogs!

Rach, I think I saw you then too :o Were you the pretty young girl with the puppy and the Xolo in the green (I think) coat?

Maybe someone can help me with identifying a breed? I saw a lovely dog there (got cuddles) and he looked like a Border Collie but was a kind of blonde and white (like a Corgi colouring), now I've been looking at pics of Border Collies this morning and I can find tri-colour, red (which is a kind of rusty colour), black and merle. What is the blonde type colour? Was the dog even a Border Collie? :laugh: