Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I wagged training tonight :p I've been trying to study. Haven't gotten as far as I'd like!

I think all of us did :)

It might have been a good thing that we did wag since I hear 2 cars were broken into and things stolen - so just a reminder - lock your cars when at K9.

Also 2 agility dogs back from the Susan Garrett seminar in NSW are at Murdoch with tick bites :eek: Fingers crossed they are both OK.

Poor pups - hope they get well soon, what symptoms do the tick bites give? Being from africa I have no idea about all the diseases here in oz. Dogs and horses in RSA get billary from tick bites there. The region we came from was rampant with it as there were loads of ticks, lucky for me none of my horses or dog picked it up. Horses and dogs who test positive for the disease being in their blood are not allowed to be exported.

I wagged training tonight :) I've been trying to study. Haven't gotten as far as I'd like!

I think all of us did :(

It might have been a good thing that we did wag since I hear 2 cars were broken into and things stolen - so just a reminder - lock your cars when at K9.

Also 2 agility dogs back from the Susan Garrett seminar in NSW are at Murdoch with tick bites :p Fingers crossed they are both OK.

Did you wag too, Ptolomy? :eek:

Stupid thieves ;)

All this talk of ticks and stuff makes me too scared to move away from Perth, even though I've considered it on numerous occasions! Like last night again ;)

Edited by RubyStar

I wagged training tonight :) I've been trying to study. Haven't gotten as far as I'd like!

Also 2 agility dogs back from the Susan Garrett seminar in NSW are at Murdoch with tick bites :p Fingers crossed they are both OK.

Did you wag too, Ptolomy? :eek:

Stupid thieves ;)

All this talk of ticks and stuff makes me too scared to move away from Perth, even though I've considered in on numerous occasions! Like last night again ;)

Where do you want to move too??

Also 2 agility dogs back from the Susan Garrett seminar in NSW are at Murdoch with tick bites :eek: Fingers crossed they are both OK.

Poor pups - hope they get well soon, what symptoms do the tick bites give? Being from africa I have no idea about all the diseases here in oz. Dogs and horses in RSA get billary from tick bites there. The region we came from was rampant with it as there were loads of ticks, lucky for me none of my horses or dog picked it up. Horses and dogs who test positive for the disease being in their blood are not allowed to be exported.

Ack - that's awful - do hope they pull through. Tick poisoning is just horrible.

These would most likely have been paralysis ticks - really nasty critters found pretty much all along the east coast - but worse the further north you go. Whenever I go up to Camp Tailwaggers or somewhere like that, I have the dogs on multiple tick prevention meds - spot on and tablets, and still try to check them every day - not easy with coated dogs (BCs).

Here are a few links with some more info - will probably persuade you not to move over east ;) - at least not to the coast. Tasmania is not too bad - there are some paralysis ticks, but very few in comparison with the total tick population, so we don't use preventatives - just vigilance in summer months.

on humans and animals

General info sheet

Healing vibes for the sick dogs. :p

Not sure. If it weren't for the lack of dog trials and jobs, Tasmania is looking enticing. I could afford the large property I seek :(

:eek: Do it - we need more triallers - and we can weird you oout even more by actually copying you, instead of just thinking of you the way JulesP did :p .

And hot here is nowhere near as frequent or as hot as WA. :)

Not sure. If it weren't for the lack of dog trials and jobs, Tasmania is looking enticing. I could afford the large property I seek ;)

:eek: Do it - we need more triallers - and we can weird you oout even more by actually copying you, instead of just thinking of you the way JulesP did :p .

And hot here is nowhere near as frequent or as hot as WA. :)

Whereabouts in Tassie are you and are there dog trials held all over Tas?

Only copy me if you want to bomb out quite regularly :(

Oh and I like the hot, Tas would probably be too cold for me!!

Edited by RubyStar

just had my dad rock up with a whole cow in his car that he brought. so the dogs have the equivalent of a green bin full of dog bones wooppee free dog meat, some marrow bones, brisket bones and others :)

Lucky you! :eek: Hope you have a huge freezer! :p

i have a chest freezer, an upright freezer and a fridge freezer rofl i need it :(

My friend and I were fooling around making up and order for the dogs Clean Run xmas goodies - 3 of us are splitting postage and by mistake I pressed send :laugh: had to email them and say please dont send as we may be adding goodies to it as the 3rd lady was not here this morning to choose other stuff :( Poor Clean Run....

Not sure. If it weren't for the lack of dog trials and jobs, Tasmania is looking enticing. I could afford the large property I seek :)

:laugh: Do it - we need more triallers - and we can weird you oout even more by actually copying you, instead of just thinking of you the way JulesP did :( .

And hot here is nowhere near as frequent or as hot as WA. :(

Whereabouts in Tassie are you and are there dog trials held all over Tas?

I'm just south of Hobart - trials (when they're held) are Hobart, Launceston and Ulverstone (NW coast) obedience - when they are held; agility - Hobart and Launceston basically. A couple of the clubs will be holding Rally O when that gets going. But it's only about 3 and a half hours from Hobart up to the NW coast.

Only copy me if you want to bomb out quite regularly :)

:p Don't need to copy you for that - can do that bit all by myslef :love: - it's the neat handling I want to copy :( .

Oh and I like the hot, Tas would probably be too cold for me!!

Not a problem today - over 30 and humid down here - but yes - could be a bit cold - depending where you lived. Hobart rarely gets below freezing. Summer days can be nice and warm, but coll off in the evening usually - sea breeze.

Not sure. If it weren't for the lack of dog trials and jobs, Tasmania is looking enticing. I could afford the large property I seek :(

I want to move to Tassie to :p . My sister just came back from a week in Tassie and wants to buy land there, at least 20 acres, so I could build a house there to. She said they liked a place called 'crackpot' :laugh: . The weather suits me and the dogs just fine :( .

Not sure. If it weren't for the lack of dog trials and jobs, Tasmania is looking enticing. I could afford the large property I seek :)

Yep, I'd move to Tasmania if it wasn't for all the family being here. Beautiful place and reasonably priced R/E. Don't think there would be alot of issue with ticks there, too cold for part of the year.

just had my dad rock up with a whole cow in his car that he brought. so the dogs have the equivalent of a green bin full of dog bones wooppee free dog meat, some marrow bones, brisket bones and others :)

Quick give him my address, would love someone to rock up with a whole cow to fill the freezers. :) J (sister) was upset with me when I looked at all the calves in the fields and said one of them would be a good size for my freezer. She said "but look at those sweet little faces, how could you"and I said "the farmer can put bags over their heads I just want the meatiest rump". Not fooling myself, those trays of meat in the supermarket had sweet little faces too and my puppy dogs who would enjoy the feed have even cuter faces. Sorry little calves. :)

I want to move to Tassie to :) . My sister just came back from a week in Tassie and wants to buy land there, at least 20 acres, so I could build a house there to. She said they liked a place called 'crackpot' :) . The weather suits me and the dogs just fine :) .

Yep, I've been there, Lower Crackpot, if I remember rightly it is near the Promised Land. Just had to go there with those sort of names, although the country side around there looked lovely too, but then it did in lots of Tasmania.

Only trouble with sharing land is that you still have to be able to get permisson to have more than one house on it, something which isn't always permittted no matter how large the land area because of zoning.

just had my dad rock up with a whole cow in his car that he brought. so the dogs have the equivalent of a green bin full of dog bones wooppee free dog meat, some marrow bones, brisket bones and others :thumbsup:

Quick give him my address, would love someone to rock up with a whole cow to fill the freezers. :eek: J (sister) was upset with me when I looked at all the calves in the fields and said one of them would be a good size for my freezer. She said "but look at those sweet little faces, how could you"and I said "the farmer can put bags over their heads I just want the meatiest rump". Not fooling myself, those trays of meat in the supermarket had sweet little faces too and my puppy dogs who would enjoy the feed have even cuter faces. Sorry little calves. :D

well ijust went around and took a whole esky load for our personal use. :) It is sad but they were put on the earth as meat for us. the dogs are loving the bones too