Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I grow my own so I know which one go and what they look like! I still have a freezer full of yummy beef and as one of mine has a sensitive tummy to raw food and especially bones the butcher cuts the rib bones up to the perfect size and makes sure they are well trimmed so there is no or very little fat! Very spoilt.

I also know what backliners etc they get and that the paddocks are chemical free or not.

Gotta loive home grown beef.

If any of you lived closer you would be welcome to most of my beef bones as I only have so much freezer room. Most end up thrown out.

Bear was such a good boy at the vet and slept on the car ride there and back :D . The vet was annoying me though :eek: , I hate getting the third degree about my choice to get the C3 not C5, I didn't bother telling him I won't be bringing him back for a third vac at 16 weeks, plus he recommended the heartworm injection grrrr.

On the plus side I'll be able to take the little boy out soon :thumbsup:

bahahahahahahahaha i got the same thing but i do the c5 then no more lol. i am still getting letters in the mail saying she is overdue. all the i hoope you aren't taking her out and about as parvo is running rampant oh no i don't says i who has already had pup at parks, peoples houses, shops, show grounds etc rofl.

she reccomended the heart worm jab too i was like no thanks i do tabs well i don't but she don't know that lol. i also only advocate every two or three months or if she seems to be getting itchy never had fleas though.

wonders if its the same vet????

I still vaccinate mine every year and use the yearly Heartworm vacc, also keep up the Rabies vaccs for the pups health ( over seas pups) But its up to each to do as they feel best for their dogs!

I wagged training tonight :D I've been trying to study. Haven't gotten as far as I'd like!

I think all of us did :)

It might have been a good thing that we did wag since I hear 2 cars were broken into and things stolen - so just a reminder - lock your cars when at K9.

Also 2 agility dogs back from the Susan Garrett seminar in NSW are at Murdoch with tick bites :eek: Fingers crossed they are both OK.

Did you wag too, Ptolomy? :thumbsup:

Stupid thieves :mad

All this talk of ticks and stuff makes me too scared to move away from Perth, even though I've considered it on numerous occasions! Like last night again :mad

LOL I copped a tick on MY BACK last week bloody filthy little bugga! rather me than the dogs though! lol

Mason - you dont need to worry about ticks her in the south of WA.............No nasty ones here (although they do appear to like WX, :D :) )

My girls are off the vets tomorrow - to have their titre tests done, cartrophen injection for the hyper Kelpie, heartworm jab for boofhead, and a special surprise for her - anal gland cleaning out :thumbsup::eek: She'll love that!!! NOOOOOTTTTT......Poor girl!

I think, depending on this years results, that titre testing every two years will be my agenda from now on. Wandy was done last year, Zola the year before. Ill get them both done tomorrow, then they can be done together in future.

Havent had any dramas with the heartworm jabs as yet, and Im hopeless at the monthly chewables!!

Have a new "program" for Zola to help her overcome her anxieties/fears..........Involves a number of exercises to improve her self confidence and distance control. We went and had a looooong lesson with Garth Jennens a couple of weeks ago, and I had such a good time. I feel alot happier about my poor dog now - not quite so stressed about her behaviours!!

LOL I copped a tick on MY BACK last week bloody filthy little bugga! rather me than the dogs though! lol

:thumbsup: How'd you know and how'd you get it out!? I probably wouldn't know a tick though :eek:

I was drying myself and thought mmm this fluff wasnt coming off, then I asked my hubby what it was and VAVOOM it was a tick!

I wear clothes to work but somehow it was under my shirt in the middle of my back, I posted pics to FB, as I couldnt believe it!@

Between the nail varnish remover, dencorub, acetone, clear varnish, vaseline to get it off someone then told my hubby to light a match and burn it off! Considering all the flammable stuff on my back I decided against the possible spontaneous combustion!

it was small but you could see the legs and the engorged body!

Mason - you dont need to worry about ticks her in the south of WA.............No nasty ones here (although they do appear to like WX, :D :) )

My girls are off the vets tomorrow - to have their titre tests done, cartrophen injection for the hyper Kelpie, heartworm jab for boofhead, and a special surprise for her - anal gland cleaning out :thumbsup::eek: She'll love that!!! NOOOOOTTTTT......Poor girl!

I think, depending on this years results, that titre testing every two years will be my agenda from now on. Wandy was done last year, Zola the year before. Ill get them both done tomorrow, then they can be done together in future.

Havent had any dramas with the heartworm jabs as yet, and Im hopeless at the monthly chewables!!

Have a new "program" for Zola to help her overcome her anxieties/fears..........Involves a number of exercises to improve her self confidence and distance control. We went and had a looooong lesson with Garth Jennens a couple of weeks ago, and I had such a good time. I feel alot happier about my poor dog now - not quite so stressed about her behaviours!!

He is amazing isnt he LR, so glad you went I owe him so much for my dogs!

It was a great visit WX. Reassured me that my poor girl isnt quite as psycho as I thought!!! But when it gets down to it, I believe I am the cause of all her dramas!!!

Now I just have to get to it and do the training!! Have started by WALKING her - and I need to keep it up, for her and me LOL!! Have been for two beautiful long walks after work today and yesterday!! Almost dark when I get back, and there are lots of roos on the way, but I think all three of us enjoyed it!

I wear clothes to work

Geez I golly hope so!!! :dancingelephant:

mmm not sure why I had to clarify that!

My mother asked as to how a tick got under my clothes! lol ( I think)

I wanna know ho they get under clothes too!!! They must move pretty damn fast, to be able to hop on and crawl under clothing - then UP to wherever they hell they decide to latch on!!!! Disgusting little things!!! Weve dragged 10 out of several Bobtails ears in the last few days....poor lizards - imagine them in your ears WX :dancingelephant::birthday:

I grow my own so I know which one go and what they look like! I still have a freezer full of yummy beef and as one of mine has a sensitive tummy to raw food and especially bones the butcher cuts the rib bones up to the perfect size and makes sure they are well trimmed so there is no or very little fat! Very spoilt.

I also know what backliners etc they get and that the paddocks are chemical free or not.

Gotta loive home grown beef.

If any of you lived closer you would be welcome to most of my beef bones as I only have so much freezer room. Most end up thrown out.

hmmm want to move to perth???

*rings her grandma to find out how much freezer space she has lol*

this is my dad's friend who does the same grows for his own personal use :dancingelephant: can't wait to try some tonight

Mason - you dont need to worry about ticks her in the south of WA.............No nasty ones here (although they do appear to like WX, :birthday: :birthday: )

My girls are off the vets tomorrow - to have their titre tests done, cartrophen injection for the hyper Kelpie, heartworm jab for boofhead, and a special surprise for her - anal gland cleaning out :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: She'll love that!!! NOOOOOTTTTT......Poor girl!

It was a great visit WX. Reassured me that my poor girl isnt quite as psycho as I thought!!! But when it gets down to it, I believe I am the cause of all her dramas!!!

Now I just have to get to it and do the training!! Have started by WALKING her - and I need to keep it up, for her and me LOL!! Have been for two beautiful long walks after work today and yesterday!! Almost dark when I get back, and there are lots of roos on the way, but I think all three of us enjoyed it!

Is Zola the ridgeback? My 2 ridgies who still live with my mum ( they have never left her house lol, got them when I was still in school) they are the most anxious/scared dogs I have ever met. And I dont know why .

Mum just rang to say 2 parcels have been delivered - so heres hoping one is from Clean Run :dancingelephant:

I am training early tonight and then flying to Kal tomorrow, so you may have to wait until MOnday to receive your goodies.

No rush, most of mine Mason is only getting for xmas anyway .... :dancingelephant:

I wagged training tonight :p I've been trying to study. Haven't gotten as far as I'd like!

I think all of us did :cry:

Yeah I missed it too, didn't get back from a photography course till late.

just had my dad rock up with a whole cow in his car that he brought. so the dogs have the equivalent of a green bin full of dog bones wooppee free dog meat, some marrow bones, brisket bones and others :)

lol, anyone else first picture a live cow standing in the back of a ute :p

I went on a reptile awareness course on saturday - it was really interesting and I got to hold pythons and learnt how to pick up a bobtail properly :)

Just got back from discovering a good new dog walk near me this morning......Melon Hill I think it's called, a nice sized scrub land park with a great view up the top over to Rottnest :D

I wagged training tonight :p I've been trying to study. Haven't gotten as far as I'd like!

I think all of us did :cry:

Yeah I missed it too, didn't get back from a photography course till late.

just had my dad rock up with a whole cow in his car that he brought. so the dogs have the equivalent of a green bin full of dog bones wooppee free dog meat, some marrow bones, brisket bones and others :)

lol, anyone else first picture a live cow standing in the back of a ute :p

I went on a reptile awareness course on saturday - it was really interesting and I got to hold pythons and learnt how to pick up a bobtail properly :)

Just got back from discovering a good new dog walk near me this morning......Melon Hill I think it's called, a nice sized scrub land park with a great view up the top over to Rottnest :D

hahahahahaha i reckon my dad would do that rofl a whole cow on the ute.

he brought himself a large upright freezer and it didn't fit the whole cow in it to give an indication of size