Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

As quite a few of you are aware I have been having some serious issues with the dogs in my house. After trying everything possible me and my breeder decided it is probably best for all parties involved (my parents, Toby, Lincoln, the future of Chessies in Aus, me and them) that Lincoln is rehomed. This is not a decision I have made lightly and without the advice of multiple professionals over several months. Lincoln flies out Monday. This is NOT something I wish to discuss further online to protect the privacy of all parties involved and because it just makes me too sad.

Just thought people would start to notice when I stopped referring to Lincoln. Thanks to the DOLers who helped me when I was making the hardest choice I have ever made. :rofl:

Big hugs vcbr. this must be a terribly hard decision. thinking of you and lincoln at this time

As quite a few of you are aware I have been having some serious issues with the dogs in my house. After trying everything possible me and my breeder decided it is probably best for all parties involved (my parents, Toby, Lincoln, the future of Chessies in Aus, me and them) that Lincoln is rehomed. This is not a decision I have made lightly and without the advice of multiple professionals over several months. Lincoln flies out Monday. This is NOT something I wish to discuss further online to protect the privacy of all parties involved and because it just makes me too sad.

Just thought people would start to notice when I stopped referring to Lincoln. Thanks to the DOLers who helped me when I was making the hardest choice I have ever made. :laugh:

Sorry to hear this Valley - must have been hard - hugs :rofl:

Mason - you dont need to worry about ticks her in the south of WA.............No nasty ones here (although they do appear to like WX, :laugh::cry: )

My girls are off the vets tomorrow - to have their titre tests done, cartrophen injection for the hyper Kelpie, heartworm jab for boofhead, and a special surprise for her - anal gland cleaning out :rofl::laugh: She'll love that!!! NOOOOOTTTTT......Poor girl!

I think, depending on this years results, that titre testing every two years will be my agenda from now on. Wandy was done last year, Zola the year before. Ill get them both done tomorrow, then they can be done together in future.

Havent had any dramas with the heartworm jabs as yet, and Im hopeless at the monthly chewables!!

Have a new "program" for Zola to help her overcome her anxieties/fears..........Involves a number of exercises to improve her self confidence and distance control. We went and had a looooong lesson with Garth Jennens a couple of weeks ago, and I had such a good time. I feel alot happier about my poor dog now - not quite so stressed about her behaviours!!

He is amazing isnt he LR, so glad you went I owe him so much for my dogs!

It was a great visit WX. Reassured me that my poor girl isnt quite as psycho as I thought!!! But when it gets down to it, I believe I am the cause of all her dramas!!!

Now I just have to get to it and do the training!! Have started by WALKING her - and I need to keep it up, for her and me LOL!! Have been for two beautiful long walks after work today and yesterday!! Almost dark when I get back, and there are lots of roos on the way, but I think all three of us enjoyed it!

Is Zola the ridgeback? My 2 ridgies who still live with my mum ( they have never left her house lol, got them when I was still in school) they are the most anxious/scared dogs I have ever met. And I dont know why .

Yes Mason - Zola is the ridgy..............think all her problems stem from our worry and smothering when she was a baby....Lost our previous ridgy in a traumatic way, so was just sooooo worried about the new baby ;) .....But things are looking up!!

Valley - I am so sorry you have to let go of Linc. Sitting here with blurry eyes just thinking of you......Chin up kid, sending lots and lots of cyber hugs for you.......Would be my worst nightmare, I know that... :D

Thanks for the condolences everyone. I was fearing being flamed. Probably shouldn't be reading at work as in am getting a little blurry eyed too.

So sorry to hear, Im sure the decision would not have been easy :rofl: Im not sure what the issues etc are, but im not sure why anyone would flame you for making a consious decision that is not easy, but obviously the best for everyone...

Edited by RoxyNHemi

Thanks for the condolences everyone. I was fearing being flamed. Probably shouldn't be reading at work as in am getting a little blurry eyed too.

So sorry to hear, Im sure the decision would not have been easy :rofl: Im not sure what the issues etc are, but im not sure why anyone would flame you for making a consious decision that is not easy, but obviously the best for everyone...

Couldnt agree more RnH!!!!

Take it easy VCBR.

ValleyCBR, I am so sorry :rofl:

I could tell just by reading this thread how very much you love, and care for your dogs. I admire the courage it would have taken to do the right thing by your dogs, even though it must have been so painful for you.

~hugs~

Just thought people would start to notice when I stopped referring to Lincoln. Thanks to the DOLers who helped me when I was making the hardest choice I have ever made. :laugh:

Oh you poor poppet :laugh: That's so not fair for you and no one would ever flame you for doing the right thing.

Monday will be especially hard for you. :rofl:

Guest RosieFT

Valley - sorry to hear that, you obviously had a (many?) good reasons as i know you were very taken with Lincoln and would not have rehomed on a whim! I hope he finds a good home and you can rest easy knowing you did the right thing for all involved.

Amypie - the dog i was telling you about (that suddenly appeared in my back garden) has gone, the kids told me today that 'dad took him back' (he came from the pound 2 weeks ago), and we are going to get a new dog, a puppy!" :laugh: and a little :rofl: and a little bit :laugh: - hope he finds a home.

Guest RosieFT

i know.. i was stressing this morning because they have had him tied up. i asked my OH to go and talk to them and tell them we will raise the fence on the weekend etc. But he is already gone!! I have to admit, it is easier for us this way, but i feel awful thinking of what might happen to him :-( . he kept getting out, not just into our garden but out the front of their house. I guess they figured they had bitten off more than they were willing to deal with. Sad for the dog though.

Oh you poor poppet :laugh: That's so not fair for you and no one would ever flame you for doing the right thing.

Monday will be especially hard for you. :rofl:

I am working until 12 on monday but if you need anyone to go with you to the airport for support etc just shout :cry: