Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hey,

I hope you guys don't mind me plugging this... it is for a good cause!

Weimaraner Social Club of WA’s

HUGE GARAGE SALE & SAUSAGE SIZZLE

tomorrow… Saturday 20 Nov

ALL PROCEEDS TOWARD RESCUE, RE-HOMING, FOSTERING, & ADOPTION OF WEIMARANER DOGGIES!!

33 Mc GREGOR ST

EMBLETON

8am ‘til 4pm

Sausage Sizzle, Mmm ground coffee & cuppa tea, kick off at 8am!

ICE COLD DRINKS ALL DAY

BE EARLY OR MISS OUT!!

Books, books, books, plants, plants, plants, dude & dudette clothes, accessories, lots of kids toys, kids books, bigger kids board games, playing cards – Uno, Canasta, chess & backgammon set, kitchenware, De Walt car vacuum, linen, bicycles, designer cards, Weimaraner Christmas cards!!!, Mac pc & keyboard, DVD’s, CD’s, videos, encyclopedia set, 6 seat glass top dining table and chairs, kids table & bench seats, paper shredder, vege steamer, loads of hand bags, laptop bags, … even a new mop!

Guest belgian.blue
I've never left the state :D

You need to get yourself to Melbourne! Awesome city to visit after spending so much time in quiet little Perth :D

This is for people not on WA click:

Rally O'

The Inaugural Meeting of Interested Parties

and friends of RALLY O'

will be held at the Canine Centre on Tuesday the 23rd of November,

Meeting Room 2 at 7.30 pm.

This is to discuss the future of Rally O' in WA with a view to discussions at a National basis.

Are we ready for a Rally O' Club, or should we be looking at a working party to promote this new and exciting sport before we go any further? State your views, every voice counts!

Rally O'

and friends of RALLY O'

This is to discuss the future of Rally O' in WA with a view to discussions at a National basis.

Are we ready for a Rally O' Club, or should we be looking at a working party to promote this new and exciting sport before we go any further? State your views, every voice counts!

Can you start up a committee for Earthdog too??

Cause Im being lazy, what is Rally O??

Rally O'

and friends of RALLY O'

Yes I saw this - I would love to give Rally O a go.

From here: http://www.tdtc.org.au/content/what-rally-o

Rally-O is a wonderful introduction to the sport of obedience, for dogs and owners, and an opportunity for veteran dogs to remain active, and a chance for shy or anti-social dogs to get ring experience without worrying about being examined by a judge.

No marching around in silence

Many dogs enjoy this change from the usual silent heeling of traditional obedience as their handlers can clap hands, talk, whistle (even sing!) to them throughout the entire course without penalty. Those who participate in agility trials will recognize the pre-class "walk-throughs" and the challenge of working with their dog partners in an almost dance-like flow from one station to another.

Rally-O combines characteristics of sports car racing, dog agility, and traditional obedience into a new fun sport. It is yet to be fully recognised by the Australian canine body, but given its adoption in a number of Countries, Australia is sure to follow.

Features of Rally-O

•Each team is timed

•includes 12-20 stations depending on the level of participation, and

•is scored by a judge who watches for a smooth performance as well as skill in following the directions at each station.

Levels of difficulty:

•Novice with on-leash exercises that demonstrate the dog's understanding of basic commands such as sit, stay, down, and come and heel position;

•Advanced a set of exercises performed off-leash that includes at least one jump; and

•Excellent a more difficult off-leash course that includes at least one jump and demonstrates more precise skill and coordination between the dog and handler.

What is the link with Agility

•Courses are designed by the judge and are different in every trial.

•Exhibitors receive a course map from the judge and can walk the course without their dogs prior to the start of the class.

•Judges design their courses by choosing from many exercises that are put together that direct handlers and dogs to perform specific exercises in a specific order.

Signs describe what you must do

•A sign at each station gives instructions to the dog and handler (known as a team).

•Each team must execute the station's particular task within two-to-four feet of the sign.

•Once the judge gives the command "forward," the dog and handler complete the course on their own without further commands from the judge.

•Handlers may not use treats or toys in the ring, but may do anything else to encourage their dogs at the novice and advanced levels except physically touch them or make corrections with the leash.

•Encouragement is allowed at the excellent level but handlers cannot pat their legs or clap their hands as they can in novice and advanced classes.

Types of Signs

•Signs instruct teams to for example

•go fast or

•go slow,

•to halt (dog must sit at heel),

•to make turns and circles,

•to reverse direction,

•to do a sit-stay-recall,

•or to follow other basic obedience exercises.

Scoring

•Each team has a starting score of 100 or 200 points

•Points are deducted for such faults as missed or incompletely performed stations, touching the dog, leash corrections, etc.

•Team are ranked from the highest to the lowest score (i.e., fewest number of faults wins first place)

•If two teams achieve the same score, the judge determines the placements according to the time recorded for each team's course completion.

Your babble ball hasn't killed you yet, ozjen?? :shrug:

Nope, not heard another peep out of it since it told me that the kicking I was giving it around the room "tickled". :laugh:

Maybe its lulling me into a false sense of security so that I pack the baseball bat away. :confused:

http://www.dogswest.com/

Does this mean there's been reported parvovirus cases? :eek:

There have been a few parvo cases at my vet here in Ellenbrook and I saw a thing in the paper about some in Midland awhile back.

I do hope the start checking ALL dogs vaccinations/or titre tests at Dogswest, it wlould be interesting to see how many can actually provide proof of up to date vaccs

and be a safer place for those responsible enough to vaccinate( and or titre)

J