Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks bedazzled :thumbsup:

just been browsing gumtree and i found an add for a rotti x that needs a new home. guy said he found it on the streets two and a half years ago and it was treated badly so sounds like he kept it. i emailed him telling him what for as just because a dog is skinny doesn't mean he is unloved. told him to go get the dog scanned for a microchip and hopefully he can go home to his real family. ooopps lol. touches a nerve after having zeus gone for almost 2.5 years

:walkdog:Valley you need to get back in so I have someone to chat to during the day! Nobody wants to talk to me :rofl:

Yep I should be training on Thursday.

And me with a puppy, nope, won't be me! As much as I would love it to be, sadly, it won't! :laugh: I think it will be you or Candice :eat:

Some of us can't DOL at work :thumbsup:

Ypu going to Albany for the trial/show? I'm doing the obedience on Saturday and then going down to Esperance to visit my sister....really looking forward to the break!!

ETA

I replied before I read the rest of the thread...oops! Will look out for you if you visit the trial grounds.

I would like some help from our lovely Southwest DOLers.

I am looking for recommendations or definately don't goes regarding boarding kennels in Albany please.

I have been to one around 15 years ago and was pleased with their service but I am sure there are more than one. So some help would be fantastic :thumbsup:

Thanks guys

Hey Bedazzled

Let me know when you are down. If you are here on a Saturday come down to training and take advantage of our gear :walkdog:

Anyone heard of/used Ulster Kennels in Albany????

Ulster Kennels was owned by Dan Oconnor & now his daughter runs the place (if still the case).

Dan runs the Albany dog club & they use to breed/show Italian Greyhounds .

Drive past the place each show

Ulster Kennels was owned by Dan Oconnor & now his daughter runs the place (if still the case).

Dan runs the Albany dog club & they use to breed/show Italian Greyhounds .

Drive past the place each show

Thank you for that, yes Dan is still involved.

What about Rainbow coast???

I want all the dogs in my house to be sane before I get puppy! So thats a very very very very very long time! :laugh:

Me and Toby will be there with me trying to calm him down. :rofl:

I want to take both the girls to agility class but there is only one me, so I can't imagine what I'd do if I had a puppy as well! :walkdog:

Why can't I just be content with couch potato pets? I could get what I wanted sooner! But no, I have to do something with them don't I! :thumbsup:

Edited by RubyStar

That'd be great! We'll be down there for around 5 days....not sure what day we're leaving Esperance....maybe Saturday or Sunday 27th or 28th. Remind me of the address of your grounds again and training times?

Ypu going to Albany for the trial/show? I'm doing the obedience on Saturday and then going down to Esperance to visit my sister....really looking forward to the break!!

ETA

I replied before I read the rest of the thread...oops! Will look out for you if you visit the trial grounds.

I am looking for recommendations or definately don't goes regarding boarding kennels in Albany please.

I have been to one around 15 years ago and was pleased with their service but I am sure there are more than one. So some help would be fantastic :thumbsup:

Thanks guys

Hey Bedazzled

Let me know when you are down. If you are here on a Saturday come down to training and take advantage of our gear :walkdog:

I want all the dogs in my house to be sane before I get puppy! So thats a very very very very very long time! :)

Me and Toby will be there with me trying to calm him down. :)

I want to take both the girls to agility class but there is only one me, so I can't imagine what I'd do if I had a puppy as well! :o

Why can't I just be content with couch potato pets? I could get what I wanted sooner! But no, I have to do something with them don't I! :o

My next dog I will be teaching obedience from the get go I think.

Thinking of taking Mason back to agility next year when it cools down a tad, he was such an equipment hog at the asssistance dog fun day, everyone got to have a go on the agility equipment and I could hardly hold him in the lead when he saw the equipment, he got so excited :cry:

ETA

I have been to one around 15 years ago and was pleased with their service but I am sure there are more than one. So some help would be fantastic :o

Thanks guys

my friends rotti is entered in her second shot at ccd hope she behaves better this time she broke as soon as he turned his back alst time and he needed to work on his heel work will look out for you

it is the closest to the show and they will accommodate your times as well. Marianne runs the place beautifully and Dad is still around. Rainbow coast was owned by Jan Benson from memory Ridgebacks, it is on Albany Highway a little out of town close to the airport. If they are still there it is a well run kennels :o There is another in the king river area, I forget the name but not sure it its still trading and I can't offer a recomendation as I have never used them . We lived in Albany have used both Ulster and Rainbow. Ulster was closer and Dad president of the club, plus a good friend but both are good.

Edited by Rusky

if anyone is picking up a dog/puppy today from perth airport say hi to bolt for me... I feel bad knowing his sitting in perth waiting for his next flight :laugh: but yay not long now!

Hope all goes well for Bolt and he settles in nice and quickly with you all :thumbsup: Hope we get lots of pics :)

it is the closest to the show and they will accommodate your times as well. Marianne runs the place beautifully and Dad is still around. Rainbow coast was owned by Jan Benson from memory Ridgebacks, it is on Albany Highway a little out of town close to the airport. If they are still there it is a well run kennels :laugh: There is another in the king river area, I forget the name but not sure it its still trading and I can't offer a recomendation as I have never used them . We lived in Albany have used both Ulster and Rainbow. Ulster was closer and Dad president of the club, plus a good friend but both are good.

Thank you for that

I have used Rainbow Coast around 15 or so years ago and was quite happy with them.

I will need to board the kids only for a couple of days, and not for the show this time, just going to Albany for a few days, but as Rommi is still on very limited exercise because of her strained cruciate I need to know that she will be kept as quiet as she needs to be for it to heal properly.

I also want to go somewhere where they do not mix dogs to play as I do not want that.

Rainbow coast has a website, but Ulster didn't so thanks for the info :laugh: I will be ringing around very shortly

ETA

I have been to one around 15 years ago and was pleased with their service but I am sure there are more than one. So some help would be fantastic :laugh:

Thanks guys

Nope not this time unfortunately :laugh: Would love to though it's been 8 years :(

That'd be great! We'll be down there for around 5 days....not sure what day we're leaving Esperance....maybe Saturday or Sunday 27th or 28th. Remind me of the address of your grounds again and training times?

ETA

I have been to one around 15 years ago and was pleased with their service but I am sure there are more than one. So some help would be fantastic :laugh:

Thanks guys

Hey Bedazzled

Let me know when you are down. If you are here on a Saturday come down to training and take advantage of our gear :laugh:

I am at the Esperance Dog Club at the moment, not running our own at this point in time, too many kids between us, makes it a bit hard.

The Esperance dog club is at the Ag show grounds opposite the Ports football oval. It runs from 1pm to 3pm on Saturdays.

Omg that's hilarious! Was she going to try and dominate the cat? :cry: None of my dogs are that brave (or silly?) :laugh:

Yeah I'd put it in the stupid category with Daisy :D She'd been sniffing Indy all day since she came back from the vet, and I saw her approaching her and had the camera nearby - wasn't sure what she was up to, but certainly didn't think she had humping in mind :(

She used to hump my cockers head - daft boy would just lie there and take it wih a resigned look on his face :laugh::cry: