Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Drumbeat - i live South and use kennels that are South too :-) , sorry, North is a mystery to me!

North is like a whole 'nuther country!!

Drumbeat, you have to assume that if there are no responses, then nobody is able to help/comment, don't take it personally :laugh: I've been ignored plenty of times :)

I've never used kennels. The dogs stay at my parents place and now I am facing the first time since having my dogs where the whole family are going away down south for a long weekend and so the dogs have nowhere to stay. I am opting to stay home because I'm not so keen on kenneling my dogs, so I will probably be looking after my sister's dogs, too. (That and I could really do with the money I'd be spending on kennels and the trip down south! So it's basically a money saving exercise :mad)

Edited by RubyStar

Went to the assistance dogs day today, Mason won a voucher from Houndstooth Studio for the best loose lead happy walking competition ( not really fair since I just asked him to heel) and we get a studio shoot and free print :mad

Golden Rules i just looked in my goodie bag and I am actually quite impressed with the little Esky/training bag with pockets for poop bags etc?? Its really nice actually and not too small, my big water bottle fits in well.

Edited by Mason2009

Went to the assistance dogs day today, Mason won a voucher from Houndstooth Studio for the best loose lead happy walking competition ( not really fair since I just asked him to heel) and we get a studio shoot and free print :mad

Golden Rules i just looked in my goodie bag and I am actually quite impressed with the little Esky/training bag with pockets for poop bags etc?? Its really nice actually and not too small, my big water bottle fits in well.

Congrats! :laugh:

I am booked in with Houndstooth Studio for December for puppy pics :)

Mason is a :laugh::)

I'm feeling like a loser right now :shrug: So I come home and start cooking some sausages for dog treats and think I will have one for lunch in a roll with some onions and sauce. I'm just about to sit down on the sofa with lunch on a plate, and Paddy piddles. So I put the plate down next to the sofa, grab a towel and mop up, and I turn around to see Paddy on the sofa with my sausage in a roll in his mouth, wolfing it down :)

I go to make another one, and this time I get to sit down and take a bite, only to find the sausages taste 'off' and the bread roll isn't fresh anyway! I can't get it out of my mouth quick enough :D So Dougal got that one. I ended up with a tomato sandwich :p

Drumbeat - i live South and use kennels that are South too :-) , sorry, North is a mystery to me!

Umm, Danzalin that I mentioned are South, they're in Canning Vale.

I would love to have family look after my dog while I'm on holiday but as they're all overseas it's not an option.

Went to the assistance dogs day today, Mason won a voucher from Houndstooth Studio for the best loose lead happy walking competition ( not really fair since I just asked him to heel) and we get a studio shoot and free print :rainbowbridge:

Mason is a :rofl::rofl:

I'm feeling like a loser right now :laugh: So I come home and start cooking some sausages for dog treats and think I will have one for lunch in a roll with some onions and sauce. I'm just about to sit down on the sofa with lunch on a plate, and Paddy piddles. So I put the plate down next to the sofa, grab a towel and mop up, and I turn around to see Paddy on the sofa with my sausage in a roll in his mouth, wolfing it down :o

I go to make another one, and this time I get to sit down and take a bite, only to find the sausages taste 'off' and the bread roll isn't fresh anyway! I can't get it out of my mouth quick enough :laugh: So Dougal got that one. I ended up with a tomato sandwich :D

I hate cooking stuff and then finding out its off or does not taste right, you wonder why you bothered in the first place!!!

Time to dust under the telly, time to dust under the telly. Whispers the little voice from NSW LOL

I know I saw that :mad :D

Nah, more fun playing with the puppy dogs and taking pictures. Have to teach the dogs to do the dusting under there. :D

:thumbsup:

I hate spots like that you don't usually notice then :o see it in a photo.

Bit like the cobwebs up at the ceiling that you only notice when you have visitors and then you can't not keep looking at them. :D More important stuff than housework anyway.

Guest RosieFT

Drumbeat - hee, oops. .suffice to say i have not heard of them. Sorry. Have only ever used one kennel place and have nothing to compare it to.

Guest RosieFT

Had a look at Danzalin website and it looks very nice :-) . Much flasher and larger than the one we use! The individual grass runs look good, but i am happy for mine to run with another matched up to her so i guess it all depends on what you want! Good luck finding one that makes you comfortable about leaving your dog.

Bit like the cobwebs up at the ceiling that you only notice when you have visitors and then you can't not keep looking at them. :o More important stuff than housework anyway.

That happened to me not too long ago :laugh:

I had noticed them up there for ages and kept meaning to clear them, even to the point I said to myself to write it down otherwise I will keep forgetting! Sure enough, had company over, we sat in the lounge after dinner for coffee and dessert and I spied those cobwebs :eek: Argh!

I have a brag :D well not really Ptolomy does. It's that Strauss and Soggy both got points today and Strauss is a little showing legend and went so well for his first show!!! :)

Thanks ValleyCBR for showing the kidies on Saturday. I have been sent some photos of Soggy and Strauss so I have forwarded them to Strauss's breeder, who I know will be so excited when she wakes up and turns on her PC :D

Strauss was a very good boy and Soggy was a witch and it wont be long before the tables are turned and Strauss beats Cider.

Lucky for you we all have the same sized feet and it was a case of playing pass the shoes ;) :(

Thanks for that Tiggy. I've been sucked into going :) I wonder how long I will keep it up before quitting :thumbsup:

Does anyone who tried tracking but are no longer continuing interested in selling their harness/lead or whatever other gear we need? :rofl:

I have a harness I can lend you to use for the season, if you keep going then buy one. I dont have the lead though, I just used a long lead that I already had. When is the open day?

I enjoyed the little bit that we did do but it got to me that i was at tracking on a saturday morning until 12 and then sunday morning is obedience at club. I never had time on the weekends to do anything else and that just did not fit in with my lifestyle. Plus most of the time is spent laying tracks for others and then your dog is out the car for maybe 15 mins in 3 hours... It is also really hard to practice unless you have someone to lay tracks for you.

Edited by Mason2009

Thanks for that Tiggy. I've been sucked into going :) I wonder how long I will keep it up before quitting :thumbsup:

Does anyone who tried tracking but are no longer continuing interested in selling their harness/lead or whatever other gear we need? :rofl:

I don't see you as a quitter :eek:

I want to go to the open day and if I like it I'm going to tell my work I can't work Saturdays for 6 months of the year :cry: .

I don't know if everyones dogs do this but Banjo tracks where I've walked, like from the car to the letter box etc, so I'm thinking he may have some talent :laugh: .