Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hey all

Need to know - is there a show for Group 5 (working dogs) this Sunday? I dont' have a mag with me and I really need to know, as I have double booked myself!! If anyone could advise ASAP that would be GREAT!!

Don't think so? The WDC show is on Sat 30th ;)

ETA: Shows how much I know... yes there is

Edited by mirawee

Everybody give your kids a cuddle......

the last 24 hours have been very tough....

Moo hasn't been well and is down to 18kg - bloods show that he has liver failure, anameia and jaudice - his enzymes are through the roof and they are amazed he hasn't collapsed or had seizures. All other bloods results were normal. So last night we started IV antibiotics and today he had IV fluids and a liver ultrasound.

He doesn't have cancer WHEW. So this now leaves two possibilities Hepatitis or toxicity (poisoning). Cannot tell without a biopsy which one it is. Being conservative for 5 days - he is on a low protein diet and antibiotics and will be retested on Wednesday. If his enzymes have gone down we know it is poisoning. If they are still through the roof - then it is more likely hepatitis of some sort.

He sleeps a lot and he has a beautiful shaved tummy and right leg, but at least I have him as a sleeping partner for a bit longer

xx

Moo hasn't been well and is down to 18kg - bloods show that he has liver failure, anameia and jaudice - his enzymes are through the roof and they are amazed he hasn't collapsed or had seizures. All other bloods results were normal. So last night we started IV antibiotics and today he had IV fluids and a liver ultrasound.

He doesn't have cancer WHEW. So this now leaves two possibilities Hepatitis or toxicity (poisoning). Cannot tell without a biopsy which one it is. Being conservative for 5 days - he is on a low protein diet and antibiotics and will be retested on Wednesday. If his enzymes have gone down we know it is poisoning. If they are still through the roof - then it is more likely hepatitis of some sort.

He sleeps a lot and he has a beautiful shaved tummy and right leg, but at least I have him as a sleeping partner for a bit longer

xx

Praying that you and Moo get through this Sandi, my heart hurts for you. :)

Oh shit, poor you and poor Scoota :) I hope he recovers okay and has no lasting effects. Give him a pat for me. At least the C word is ruled out. Thanks for letting us know, you have both been in my thoughts all day.

I have a half shaved dog too but you can't tell as much with mine :) Poor Trixie is so doped up.

Thanks everyone for your responses about the obedience levels.

I have had an high and a low day

Some of you would of seen on my FB - I lost my cat Miss Kitty today. she passed away on the operating table after being attacked by a dog on Saturday. The vet has been trying to stabalise her since we took her in sat night, but when he opened her up today the injuries were very severe, and her heart gave way :) Im so thankful she came home to say goodbye. Vet said she had been attacked by a trained dog, who knew what it was doing - and had basically gone in for the kill.... he also said its not the first to happen from our area :)

However Hemi passed his obedience test tonight - and will move up to advanced beginners next semester! Woohoo

So sorry to hear Roxynhemi, I hope the vet is reporting the attack to the rangers and if known the RSPCA ?? Congrats on the obedience pass!

I have just had a well known obedience Judge from east place an order for a coated Xolo pup for obedience and I am thrilled!

J

Thanks J.

We don't know what dog did it... so have nothing to report really.

Will you end up with coated Xolo in your litter??

Yes RH there are usually 1 in five coateds in a litter , although some litters have all hairless, I am counting on at least 1 coated and hoping ofr a litter size of four or five when the time is right!

xx

sending healing Xolo vibes to Scoota

J xox

I hope everyone has a great 5 day break :) Dont eat too many chocolate eggs :)

Hey all

Need to know - is there a show for Group 5 (working dogs) this Sunday? I dont' have a mag with me and I really need to know, as I have double booked myself!! If anyone could advise ASAP that would be GREAT!!

Don't think so? The WDC show is on Sat 30th :)

ETA: Shows how much I know... yes there is

So I guess I will see you next Saturday Mirawee??? And the other Kelpies!!

Anyone else showing on the 30th???