Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hey guys I hope you don't mind me posting it here but our little breed social club has a raffle going at the moment for fundraising for breed rescue.

The prize is A "Houndstooth Studio" Sitting and print valued at $220! You can get tickets from me so let me know if you are interested... $2 per ticket or 6 for $10.

Drawn in August.

:)

Hey guys I hope you don't mind me posting it here but our little breed social club has a raffle going at the moment for fundraising for breed rescue.

The prize is A "Houndstooth Studio" Sitting and print valued at $220! You can get tickets from me so let me know if you are interested... $2 per ticket or 6 for $10.

Drawn in August.

Can I get some tickets please?

I can't say I know who titre tests... just ring up your vets around your area and ask the question. I'd say that Applecross Vet would but not sure on the others.

Steve @ Applecross told me titre testing is an absolute waste of time :o This after I had it done. Ruby came in low for parvo so Steve gave her the 3 year vaccine and said not to bother with titreing again. After Millie's absolute freakout with drawing bloods, think I'd rather just get them vaccinated 3 yearly. Of course, that is just my preference now and we all have our own preferences!

I just can't bear to see Millie go through the bloods again, I was almost in tears! crying.gifembarrass.gif The look of horror in her eyes as she stared at me, then to her leg, then back to me, with this expression of "why are you doing this to me?!?!?!" and the cries of pain, I won't ever forget it. I feel a little teary now thinking of it embarrass.gif (meanwhile, Ruby just sat there like it was no big deal :rofl:)

Edited by RubyStar

Titre testing is good if you need to board in between vaccination years :)

Yep not saying it doesn't have it's place, and I can see how it would be useful for that. I won't get Millie vaccinated again for another couple of years because her levels were fine. But instead of checking it again and causing her and me grief, think I'll just vaccinate again.

Guest english.ivy

Thanks for the replies, I was in two minds about TT. You hear mixed reviews. I'm not a fan of ringing around asking people things.

Don't think I'd like blood drawn from my two either. So I will just stick to 3 yearly.

I'll keep it in mind if they ever need boarding and are mid way between vacc :)

So now that some vets do give the 3 yearly vaccine, and they write on your vaccination card that they are due again in 3 years time, is that adequate for those places (like boarding kennels, dog clubs, etc) for up to date vaccination, or are these places still so behind the times that they want proof of yearly vaccination when it is clearly not needed?

(yes I realise some boarding kennels take titre results, but my question is just about the adequacy of a 3 year vaccine independent of titre). Ta!!

Edited by RubyStar

[/size][/font]Couple of crazy labs in this video, watch out!!!

Awwwww look at Millies face :D

Its so quiet in here today :)

Busy, busy, busy at work and only get 30mins for luch :(

Drawn in August.

Put me down for 6 :) Not sure how to get the money to you.....maybe at training if I make it down on a monday again, been a bit slack since starting back at work :o

Guest english.ivy

I titre test as i dont believe in over vaccinating and I have an allergy dog who cant be vaccinated. Me vet is not a fan of it but will do it if necessary. Charged me $60

How do you find the results of TT? Has Mason been vaccinated since his first TT?

Drawn in August.

Can I get some tickets please?

[/size][/font]Couple of crazy labs in this video, watch out!!!

Awwwww look at Millies face :D

Its so quiet in here today :)

Busy, busy, busy at work and only get 30mins for luch :(

Drawn in August.

Put me down for 6 :) Not sure how to get the money to you.....maybe at training if I make it down on a monday again, been a bit slack since starting back at work :o

If you like I can PM you the club bank details and then post your actual raffle tickets?

I'm not going to get to training next monday one of my puppy buyers is coming over.

I don't like over vaccinating either, but I hardly count 3 years as over vaccinating :shrug: They may not even be done again in 3 years time as they will be getting on in age and surely be covered. My maltese hasn't been vaccinated in a very long time, and she's still kicking at 17. I guess I'm lucky too that mine don't have allergies, can't imagine what it would be like to go through that :(

RubyStar, does the 3 yearly vax cover kennel cough? I thought KC had to be done yearly as it is like the flu? Most kennels require KC vaccination.

I don't bother with the KC vaccine. If they need to go to kennels I will go and get it done then, but my parents look after them for me usually and I can't remember the last time I went away with my parents :)

I titre test as i dont believe in over vaccinating and I have an allergy dog who cant be vaccinated. Me vet is not a fan of it but will do it if necessary. Charged me $60

How do you find the results of TT? Has Mason been vaccinated since his first TT?

Interested in this also. Because at some stage if the titres are low, they will need to be revaccinated. I wouldn't have gotten Ruby vaccinated again the other month if her titres came back ok. But they came back as low on parvo so I made the decision to revaccinate. Couldn't have lived with myself if she picked parvo up when I knew this.

Edited by RubyStar