Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

squeee to you too!!! :D Welcome home, i hope you had a wonderful, amazing time. Was just wondering today when you would be back! must have been psychic or something....

Bet your pooches were glad to see you :-) .. is it as you were dreading? do you have two walking whales now ?

ahhh lots of dogs when i was in paris and LOTS of dog poo, yuck.. icky

Yes very very fun, saw and did so so much.

No both dogs are skinny thank God! LOL

Trixie was a bit confused when I brought her home yesterday, she had not been here for 5 weeks, and every now and then she would stop in the middle of the room and look around as if to say "where am I?" :rofl: Poor simple thing :rofl:

I didn't see any dog poo really, surprised me!

Yay Amypie! Welcome home! :thumbsup:

Zora will be in ACWA puppy classes next term so plenty of time for puppy cuddles socialization.

Yay! I'm always up for puppy cuddles socialization :p

Guest english.ivy

Hope everyone stays safe in the storm!

Rain has just started in the heart of the city .. and it's pitch black out there. Days like this I'm glad I can stay inside all day for work.

Guest RosieFT

There goes my plan of 'drop kids at school, then walk dog before storm hits....."

sorry Rosie...

WE have arrived back home safe and sound, hmm although not sure about my liver (thank you Bedazzled ;) )

Yesterday we left where we were staying, drove 25 minutes to Vet Pets Direct a dog warehouse place to do some shopping ;) , then drove 30 minutes to where I babysit a flock of tollers each year. Scoota and Brooklyn were in their crates which were pushed up hard against the front seats. In front of their crates were our 2 humongous suitcases and 60+kg of dog food which we had won - so the poor boys could only see out the vents on the side of the crates. We were about 500m from the property and Scoots starts crying in his crate and as we kept driving the crying got louder (he is not a whinger) - he knew where he was, which is unreal since he has only been to this place 3 times and the last time was probably 18 months ago. This sort of thing amazes me :eek: .

Amypie good to have you home :thumbsup:

OK the answer I got...

"There is nothing in current or proposed road traffic legislation about dogs needing to be restrained in cars/vehicles.

As far as I'm aware, there is no other legislation in WA that specifically requires dogs to be restrained in or on the back of moving vehicles. The Animal Welfare Act 2002 (s. 19(3)(a))states a person in charge of an animal is defined as being cruel to an animal "if the animal is transported in a way that causes, or is likely to cause, it unnecessary harm?.

This suggests to me that, if the act of transporting a dog on the back of a ute, for example, was causing it, or likely to cause it, unnecessary harm, the person in charge of the animal could be charged with an offence of cruelty under the Animal Welfare Act."

ETA there is one law relating to dogs on the driver's lap...

Regulation 263 of the Road Traffic Code 2000

(3) A driver shall not drive a motor vehicle if a person or an animal is in the driver's lap.

1 Demerit point and an infringement Fine of $100

Thanks mirawee! That seems to be what my research is showing as well. Disappointing to think that police are pulling people over and telling them it is illegal when strictly it is not. That could be why in the two cases I've heard of, both drivers were warned and not charged/fined.

If I turn up anything else I will post it here.

Hope all is well with everyone after the storm. We had a great lightning show this morning here in Bunbury! (I went to check how Zazu was dealing with the thunder and she was fast asleep on her back with her belly to the sky....love that nothing fazes her!)

Tumbleweed, the person I asked works for the Department of Main Roads and has a lot to do with policy making/those in charge of policy making. She often says she will ask various politicians what the go is if our train is delayed for seemingly no good reason :rofl: So she is alsways a good person for me to ask anything to do with traffic rules :thumbsup:

Hope everyone stays safe in the storm!

Rain has just started in the heart of the city .. and it's pitch black out there. Days like this I'm glad I can stay inside all day for work.

Yeah me thinks it going to be a pretty horrible day weather wise :(

I'd like it to finish on Friday please - I have a friend coming over from Orange and she could do with some sunshine since all they've had is rain and snow. Sunshine on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then it can go back to rain, thanks :)

I can deal with that ST... or at least only raining at night when I am tucked up in bed on those days :thumbsup:

Am wondering if training will be on tonight? The rain was meant to stop around 2pm but it isn't showing any signs of lightening up!