Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well done Oso!!!

CC its an actual walk - there are afew different routes tho i have only taien the one so far lol. Was thinking around 10am but we may need to play it by ear due to the weather. There is also a nice walk in the hills at Jorgenson park, happy to do either

Just back from the Qld State Obedience trials. It was really hot and of course we packed for cool weather...that was last week :( didn't pack the cool coats of course....duh!!! The boys did well with Ptolomy's Scoota putting in a nice UDX round with an interesting send away set up which confused the go out in a straight line concept...oh well! Brookie had an early hiccup in UDX and I pulled him out of UD so that left us with Open. He did quite well with a 195 score which tied for first place...came second on a count back.

The last class of the day was the team events with Mav, Brookie and Scoota putting in near perfect rounds. They all did their group stays so after collating all rounds the results were in and....

Western Australia were declared the winners of the inaugural Teams Challenge :D :thumbsup:

Bubbly's flowing tonight :D

:laugh: Well done OSo and Lewis :D

Well done Oso!!!

CC its an actual walk - there are afew different routes tho i have only taien the one so far lol. Was thinking around 10am but we may need to play it by ear due to the weather. There is also a nice walk in the hills at Jorgenson park, happy to do either

Ok, I'm in :) I have to be back home by 1pm to take OH to the airport, so 10am suits me fine. Forecast looks ok at the moment. Give me a ring in the morning to confirm, say 8:30 to 9 as I need to leave at 9:30 :) Will be good for the dogs to see somewhere new :)

Western Australia were declared the winners of the inaugural Teams Challenge :D :thumbsup:

Bubbly's flowing tonight :D

Yay - Go Team WA :cheer: Congratulations guys :thumbsup:

Guest english.ivy

I was thinking of taking a walk in Yellongonga - its offlead but not many other dogs around at all

I'm going there tomorrow morning too :) Might you see there.

Well done team WA!!!! :cheer: How did the teams work? I read on WA Click you all did Open, but what about the other teams? I thought the teams were made up of one in Novice, one in Open, and one in UD, I was way off :olaugh.gif

Candice, would have liked to go for a walk but I'm knackered and need to spend Sunday at home around the house.

Had an agility trial today. I was nursing a hangover this morning :o so decided to wag the AM trial. Went for the PM trial, still feeling quite seedy running around embarrass.gif

RV couldn't make it so I ended up taking Ruby into Open Jumping myself. Went into it with no expectations as I haven't trained any distance stuff, and blow me down Ruby walked away with a clear round! :D Never thought I'd get a clear round in JDO ever eek1.gif

Some near misses in JDX with both girls and a very near miss in AD with Millie. Had a great afternoon and the best part was I didn't chuck in the ring :D

Edited by RubyStar

Well done for everyone's success on the weekend!!! :cheer::happydance::cheer::happydance2::cheer:

Temperament testing went great :) CC I'm sorry i didn't see where you offered your services!!! RV told me afterwards!! I'm sorry!!

All the pups can use their nose well except one, all pups did great on pick up and carry objects and they all loved the bird wing (thank you Mas x)

I'm not sure if this has been raised previously (I apologize if it has - it is a bit hard to search 900 pages of posts to check!) but I was hoping someone could help.

We had our dog club AGM yesterday and someone mentioned they had been pulled over by police for not having their dog in a seatbelt/harness in their car and was warned this was illegal. I know it is common sense to use a restraint on your dog in a vehicle (to protect dog and human passengers) but can anyone tell me if it is actual law and point me to the legislation? I would like to put an article about it in our club magazine but want to find out the facts first as there seems to be a number of different stories going around.

I'm not sure if this has been raised previously (I apologize if it has - it is a bit hard to search 900 pages of posts to check!) but I was hoping someone could help.

We had our dog club AGM yesterday and someone mentioned they had been pulled over by police for not having their dog in a seatbelt/harness in their car and was warned this was illegal. I know it is common sense to use a restraint on your dog in a vehicle (to protect dog and human passengers) but can anyone tell me if it is actual law and point me to the legislation? I would like to put an article about it in our club magazine but want to find out the facts first as there seems to be a number of different stories going around.

Hi Tumbleweed

As far as i am aware, I didn't think it was illegal in WA to not have their dog in a restraint. If it is, i hadn't heard of the law change at all. Watching with interest for an answer.

I didn't think it was illegal either...although have heard it before.

Have sent an email to a friend of mine who works in for the government in transport policy so will see what she says/can find out for me :)

OK the answer I got...

"There is nothing in current or proposed road traffic legislation about dogs needing to be restrained in cars/vehicles.

As far as I'm aware, there is no other legislation in WA that specifically requires dogs to be restrained in or on the back of moving vehicles. The Animal Welfare Act 2002 (s. 19(3)(a))states a person in charge of an animal is defined as being cruel to an animal "if the animal is transported in a way that causes, or is likely to cause, it unnecessary harm?.

This suggests to me that, if the act of transporting a dog on the back of a ute, for example, was causing it, or likely to cause it, unnecessary harm, the person in charge of the animal could be charged with an offence of cruelty under the Animal Welfare Act."

ETA there is one law relating to dogs on the driver's lap...

Regulation 263 of the Road Traffic Code 2000

(3) A driver shall not drive a motor vehicle if a person or an animal is in the driver's lap.

1 Demerit point and an infringement Fine of $100

Edited by mirawee

So after what feels like an ages wait Zora arrives next Sunday!! :eek: It now seems too soon! Plus I will be at work when she arrives and have to wait three hours to get home and meet her.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Well done Team WA with the obedience! Never in doubt.

RS well done with Ruby - wow you both look great, she's showing huge improvement since I've been away! (not that she was bad before, she just looks like she knows exactly what her job is in the vid)

I am back from overseas and WOW what a dog friendly place Europe is, and as a result the dogs are all so well behaved, from Chi's to Great Danes, all walking calmly in big crowds, in theme parks, cafes, trains, everywhere! On one train there was an orange belton ES sleeping calmly under one of the luggage racks, such a good dog, I thought of you ST! So many different breeds out and about, brilliant!