Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Back to the vet for blood tests tomorrow am as Mason cant have eaten. Vet doesnt think its thyroid but going to test for it anyway and do a full blood panel

Good news that the vet doesn't think that it's his thyroid. Hope the tests prove that and you get some answers :)

RS If it turns out to be thyroid it will actually make sense of his constant skin infections, fur changing, excess panting and a few other issues like for weeks needing the toilet at night . Technically speaking he should be getging fatter and not thinner if its thyroid tho.

Do you think it would be pushy of me to send off another email to ACWA? :o

Bear's not getting any younger. :D

I emailed and didn't get a response, so I posted on the ACWA mailing list today and now have a response :) I've been put on the puppy class list for term 4. I might also put Millie into term 3 novice class one more time as I need serious handling help with her!! Just hope there is room for us :crossfingers:

I gather you have to be a member to be on the mailing list. I'll send off another email then ring I guess if I don't get a response.

Guest RosieFT

i don't know who the email contact is, but when i was stewarding the other weekend the person said to me 'don't email me, my email is playing up and doing funny things.' .

????? if that is the secretary or contact email then better ring instead!

So I'm doing my last bit of TAFE homework for this semester. The first question I have to answer is as follows:

Imagine that you own a pet shop. Briefly describe what steps you could take to prevent an outbreak of disease within the shop.

I have a whole page of lines I need to write on to answer this question. Do you think I will get sufficient marks if I just answer with "I won't sell pets in my pet shop, so no chance of disease in my shop!!" ???

Edited by RubyStar

Guest RosieFT

Glad Ruby is ok RS .. must have been a bit of a shock!

With regards to TAFE, you could say 'whilst looking after the unicorns, minotaurs and centaurs, it would be mandatory that anyone handling the animals would first use an alcohol based hand cleanser"

;-)

:rofl: RS I would say I wouldn't but then go on to say what measures might be used IF you did :laugh:.

Great minds :rofl: Cos that's what I started doing laugh.gif

But Candice makes a great point, didn't think of it that way. Will approach it from that angle instead ;)

Glad Ruby is ok RS .. must have been a bit of a shock!

With regards to TAFE, you could say 'whilst looking after the unicorns, minotaurs and centaurs, it would be mandatory that anyone handling the animals would first use an alcohol based hand cleanser"

;-)

:rofl:

Wanna write it for me? :p

Thanks about Ruby. Yeah it was distressing, but not an entire shock, because I had seen her get bitten (though didn't see what by), and she's blown up before after a sting. If she hadn't have blown up before and I didn't see her get bitten, and she just blew up like that out of the blue, I would have been a cot case!!!

Pleased to report her chubby chops seem to have gone down to regular size, now :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Hmmm, I really need to come in here a little more often I think!!! I have missed out on so much :eek:

ST, those puppies are just toooooo gorgeous! Good thing I live so far away, or Id be there in a flash to snuggle them to death :laugh: :laugh:

OsO - big congrats on your GIANT weekend :thumbsup: Well done Lewis!!! What a Legend....LOL!

I passed a 4 wheel drive on my way home on the Friday, with "E" number plates and wondered if it was you and your crew!!! But then thought you probably wouldve gone up the Albany hiway!!

RS, sorry poor Ruby has had a fat head :rofl: , glad shes better now though! A few years ago Zola was bitten by something very early in the morning (most likely a spider!) and ended up looking like a bullmastiff :eek: It was very scary, being an hour away from the vet and all!! I poked some A/H down her throat and sped into Bunbury...By the time we got there the swelling had gone down quite a bit, but she got an injection anyway. Poor girl! Wish I had got some photos of her!

When she got a bee sting the other day, she hardly even had a reaction, thank Dog!!!!!

Wandys toe seems to be fixed!!! She has been running about and hasnt upset it again, so Im hoping its all mended :)

Nothing exciting has been going on in my little world, just working & sleeping and waiting for winter :(

So, I hope to head to the Winterfest, dont know whether to come up on Friday and stay or just head up Saturday.....Im also thinking of heading east to the Equitana in November....just for a little holiday!!