Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I keep Zyrtec in the glovebox all the time and it doesn't make them drousy.

and yep will defintely hang around for puppy cuddles this arvo. I will only have Moo with me which will make life easy. I am looking forward to it :thumbsup:

I got home from work yesterday f to find a disaster in the back room. Somebody, who shall remain nameless, but has a name rhyming with Mouse, has started shredding bedding and yesterday decided to take on the feather quilt and there were feathers EVERYWHERE.:eek:

I have used polaramine mostly, and also used phenergan once which worked too.

yay Moo :) We've decided to let them all run around so you can help us unload them from my car ;)

oooh naughty!!!!

Spartan stole my lunch off the bench this morning - it was soup and lets just say he left the soup behind and stole the container... :mad

RS there are some Antihistamines that are not suitable for dogs, simply because they will not work.

It might do for you to ask your vet which one he would recommend for Ruby. I have several boxes of A/H which are suitable to give to dogs, and will give you a box to put in your car. If you are going to the retrieving trial on Sunday I will give you one then, otherwise I can give it to Ann to give to you.

I got to cuddle 6 little grey puppies tonight and when I got home I was mobbed by all the big kids. There are some lucky owners who are going to take home these little kids in a couple of weeks.

Scoota did very well standing there with needles in while he was surrounded by the little kids. :D

Tiggy i have gone a couple of times and seen no other people lol. Its lovely in winter

It is lovely at this time of the year. The water is still quite low but flowing at least.

I've never been, would like to though. Think we need a DOL meet there :)

It's pretty rocky and hilly. Sure you're up for it. :p

Lol, I panicked the once when Mason went swimming down the river, but there was a lot more water 2 winters ago :)

Sounds like me at one of the early DOL meets I went to up in Kalamunda, when Gizmo jumped into this fast running little stream to swim across to all the DOLers when we where on the other side, while I was looking to cross via a fallen stree stump. Was flowing faster than he could swim, but he just wanted to meet all the DOLers, luckily he's small enough to scoop up.:laugh:

Thanks, guys. Ruby still has fat lips today, I sure hope they go down soon. I don't have antihistamines and kept telling myself I should get them. BUT, I don't think they will be any good in Ruby's case. She needs a couple of jabs as her reaction is pretty severe. Still, I will get some and keep them in the car so I can at least treat her with something until I get her to a vet. And Millie may need them at some stage.

ST - so James' swelling went down on its own with no treatment (besides antihistamines)?

Here is Ruby about an hour after her first jab (she needed a second one and then some medication to take home with me):

260096_10150219921933036_585378035_7520468_5656877_n.jpg

And her looking all sad (gosh my heart does flip flops looking at my sad girl :()

262326_10150219923493036_585378035_7520499_1932859_n.jpg

Poor Ruby, just been scrollling through trying to find out what had happened to her after reading someones text. Give her hugs from me, she looks so forlorn in this pic.

RS there are some Antihistamines that are not suitable for dogs, simply because they will not work.

It might do for you to ask your vet which one he would recommend for Ruby. I have several boxes of A/H which are suitable to give to dogs, and will give you a box to put in your car. If you are going to the retrieving trial on Sunday I will give you one then, otherwise I can give it to Ann to give to you.

I had a look at the chemist today at the types of AH's and wasn't sure what to buy! Lovely offer thankyou, but I can probably buy some. What brand do you use? I can't really say I have a regular vet, that is one thing I don't really like about the vet clinic I have been going to the past few years. Different vet each time. Would be nice to see a vet that knows and remembers my girls, and ask their advice on stuff like this.

Poor Ruby, just been scrollling through trying to find out what had happened to her after reading someones text. Give her hugs from me, she looks so forlorn in this pic.

Will definitely give her hugs for you, she's been getting extra hugs from me :)

Awwwwww poor Ruby :( Hope she's feeling better now :)

This was our Frida after a suspected wasp sting, she came up in hives all over her body and her face looked like Rubys! This pic was after the vet trip and an intravenous steriod (I think) jab :( We made sure to tell her new owners not to let her play with wasps :)

And yes she has got her nose shoved in a yogurt pot :laugh:

P08-08-09_1241.jpg

Hope the vet trips went well for everyone else as well today.

Poor puppers with allergies, those bites look painful :( touch wood mine don't apepar to get allergies though kealri does get dry skin if i forget to add acv every few days to her diet.

CC how is your job going?

Do you think it would be pushy of me to send off another email to ACWA? :o

Bear's not getting any younger. :D

I emailed and didn't get a response, so I posted on the ACWA mailing list today and now have a response :) I've been put on the puppy class list for term 4. I might also put Millie into term 3 novice class one more time as I need serious handling help with her!! Just hope there is room for us :crossfingers: