Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT

[".I also NEED to see some top quality dressage :D"

and you would find that where exactly? ;) :rofl:

Edited by RosieFT

:( Oh Dog, Rosie, I was hoping to see some at Equitana!!!! Please dont tell me its not to be!!! :cry: Will I be disappointed???

And what I suspect my pup will be like (The breeder is using words like bouncy/lively/spunky to describe her so I expect she will be feral :eek: )

Are you getting a Brittany or a Lab?! eek1.gif

(you look good handling a Lab ;))

Hmm well they are all gundogs ;)

Just for you RS (but in spolier brackets so as not to clog up the thread) here are some Brittany Pro's vs Con's clips from Youtube

Con- Sometimes Naughty and Insane Pro - Adorable as puppies!

Pro - Trainable and cute if you work past the insane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBx7Sno1Ta0

Gosh RV you are tempting me to sway to the Brittany side!!! They are so adorable, and just LOVE the orange/white ones :love:

We will definitely have to set up a playdate for our 2 pups (I say our but really mum and dad's!!) Candice you can steal the Chi X and join us laugh.gif

Can I come and join the fun to take pics :D I won't bring my two as although they are small, they are also deadly :laugh:

Here's a shot of Albi, the chi x italian greyhound - I fell in love with this little speed merchant :D

5612350885_c3bfe95ce0_z.jpg

Guest RosieFT

:( Oh Dog, Rosie, I was hoping to see some at Equitana!!!! Please dont tell me its not to be!!! :cry: Will I be disappointed???

hee sorry i was being baaad! :laugh: I have not seen east coast dressage for many years and i am sure it has improved. I just remember having WA syndrome where i was aiming for competing nationally (never got there, went to Canada instead and my friend took my horse boo hoo) , but when i saw the level i was shocked WA was not so far behind after all ..

Went and watched the 2000 olympics in person and saw how we compared.....

Then i went to Canada and saw people riding some seriously expensive/quality horses....

But we have come a long way since then.. so i was just saying it tongue in cheek. I am sure you won't be disapointed! Please don't mind me.. what would i know these days.. can't even get agility right with a dog LOL ;)

Guest RosieFT

And what I suspect my pup will be like (The breeder is using words like bouncy/lively/spunky to describe her so I expect she will be feral :eek: )

Are you getting a Brittany or a Lab?! eek1.gif

(you look good handling a Lab ;))

Hmm well they are all gundogs ;)

Just for you RS (but in spolier brackets so as not to clog up the thread) here are some Brittany Pro's vs Con's clips from Youtube

Con- Sometimes Naughty and Insane Pro - Adorable as puppies!

Pro - Trainable and cute if you work past the insane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBx7Sno1Ta0

nawwww!! he is soooooooooooooo cute!

hee sorry i was being baaad! :laugh: I have not seen east coast dressage for many years and i am sure it has improved. I just remember having WA syndrome where i was aiming for competing nationally (never got there, went to Canada instead and my friend took my horse boo hoo) , but when i saw the level i was shocked WA was not so far behind after all ..

Went and watched the 2000 olympics in person and saw how we compared.....

Then i went to Canada and saw people riding some seriously expensive/quality horses....

But we have come a long way since then.. so i was just saying it tongue in cheek. I am sure you won't be disapointed! Please don't mind me.. what would i know these days.. can't even get agility right with a dog LOL ;)

Hehe, you probably know more than me!!! I compete in NOTHING! :rofl:

Hello all WA'ers from Brisbane. WE have arrived checked into where we are staying and the dogs are bouncing. We already have Mount Scoota happening - which is something we didn't get in Sydney - so I know all is well with the world and the planets are once again aligned.

Where we stay is brillinat - 15 minutes from Durack, and although it is on a major 4 laned highway it is really set up for dogs with a toy box, dog bowls and a jar full of dog treats. Brooklyn and Scoota think they are in doggy heaven.

For us humans its less than 1km from a major shopping centre and the house also has computer and internet access. WE are here until Monday and competing on Saturday and Sunday. I have just received a text message to say there is a retrieving test thing happening Sunday and did I want to enter. So may just have a play with that as well.

I will report in again tomorrow.

HUgs to you all

xx

Well the World Record holder will be doing the Masterclass on the Saturday. So there is hope there ROFL. We got Supatickets - it is cheaper than getting tickets for more than one day and gets you access to everything. Actually being in NSW there will probably be a lot of the top horse/rider combinations :)

The campdraft comp has lots of top riders too and the jumping was good last year :)

Guest RosieFT

Well the World Record holder will be doing the Masterclass on the Saturday. So there is hope there ROFL. We got Supatickets - it is cheaper than getting tickets for more than one day and gets you access to everything. Actually being in NSW there will probably be a lot of the top horse/rider combinations :)

The campdraft comp has lots of top riders too and the jumping was good last year :)

see how dumb i am? i was so not thinking international. I have never made it to equitana, the one year that i had booked tickets, flights booked ready to go, EI hit and it was cancelled. My friends go every time though. In fact two of my friends just got back from Equitana in Germany and some of that footage is amazing!

Guest RosieFT

Glad Mason results are ok so far.. must be frustrating when you want to know what is going on though!

RS - how did the assignment go?

I have just received a text message to say there is a retrieving test thing happening Sunday and did I want to enter. So may just have a play with that as well.

HOW JEALOUS AM I!!!!!!!

I actually did look up a couple of months ago if there would be any RATG held while the Nationals were on as that might have swayed me to come over, but couldn't find one scheduled!! Boo :(

I really hope WA hurry up and hold them soon crying.gif

Anyhoo!! Best of luck you guys!! I'm sure you'll do great and glad the place is doggy heaven and close to shops ;) :D

Are there any exciting doggie events happening here on Sunday does anyone know? OH is off travelling, so I'd like to get out with my camera :)

There's an agility trial on Saturday. A retrieving trial on Sunday. Not sure on the shows!

First set of general blood panel results came back perfectly normal :) will have thyroid ones next week

Good to hear!

:cheer: Bear is starting ACWA in term 3. :happydance:

Woohoo!! We start term 4. Could probably start part way through term 3 but might wait til term 4.

RS - how did the assignment go?

Still haven't finished :o Just got home from agility training and I have just sat down to finish it but am way too tired. Might get up in the morning to do it. As long as I finish it tomorrow and email it off tomorrow, it should be all good!! :)

There's an agility trial on Saturday. A retrieving trial on Sunday. Not sure on the shows!

Where is the retrieving trial, and are you going? I'd love to go see a load of gun dogs working :)

I'm not sure where it is, probably a couple of hours away. I'm not going, I'm having a very rare day at home to clean and garden! eek1.gif

There was a retrieving training day last Sunday at Upper Swan, shame you didn't come to that instead!