Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hey I see there is a job going at K9

Vacant Office Position

Clerical Officer/Administration Assistant - Part Time

Dogs West are seeking expressions of interest in the above position.

Duties will include preparing and distributing agendas, receiving minutes, drafting correspondence, database entry as well as providing advice to our Committees, and Affiliated Club customer service. You need to be able to work unsupervised, be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products, have experience in records management and want to work as part of a small team. 25 Hours per week ie 5 hours per day, Mon-Fri, approx 10am to 3pm (flexible).

Applications, including curriculum vitae, should be sent to:

The Administrator, The Canine Association of WA, Cnr Ranford & Warton Roads, Southern River. WA.

Applications close Friday 8th July 2011.

Dogs West advised 23/06/11

Guest RosieFT

Mason you would be going against peak hour traffic too :-)

hmm perfect school hour times... you might be fighting mums! for that job.

Ptolomy I hope you have a fantastic weekend away!! Happy birthday to Soggy bear :birthday:

Mas good news so far about Mason - fingers crossed for the next lot of results to be clear too.

what's everyone else doing on the weekend? I too have a rare weekend at home to do some tidying and gardening... then on Sunday RV is coming over to help me with temperament testing :cheer:

Mason you would be going against peak hour traffic too :-)

hmm perfect school hour times... you might be fighting mums! for that job.

All the part time jobs i apply for im fighting mums :) i work full day now most days when i work because the mums cant do the arvo's 

Hello all WA'ers from Brisbane. WE have arrived checked into where we are staying and the dogs are bouncing. We already have Mount Scoota happening - which is something we didn't get in Sydney - so I know all is well with the world and the planets are once again aligned.

Where we stay is brillinat - 15 minutes from Durack, and although it is on a major 4 laned highway it is really set up for dogs with a toy box, dog bowls and a jar full of dog treats. Brooklyn and Scoota think they are in doggy heaven.

For us humans its less than 1km from a major shopping centre and the house also has computer and internet access. WE are here until Monday and competing on Saturday and Sunday. I have just received a text message to say there is a retrieving test thing happening Sunday and did I want to enter. So may just have a play with that as well.

I will report in again tomorrow.

HUgs to you all

xx

Goodluck Scoota and Brookie!!! :cheer: I am sure you will do us proud. :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Soggy Bear 2 today :thumbsup:

I hope nanna spoils you rotten :rofl: Oops its also Nanna's birthday - Happy Birthday Chookens :D

YAY Soggy! :birthday: And happy birthday nanna too. :)

Ptolomy I hope you have a fantastic weekend away!! Happy birthday to Soggy bear :birthday:

Mas good news so far about Mason - fingers crossed for the next lot of results to be clear too.

what's everyone else doing on the weekend? I too have a rare weekend at home to do some tidying and gardening... then on Sunday RV is coming over to help me with temperament testing :cheer:

So excited to see the pups! Can't wait especially to do the swimming test. :crazy:

So excited to see the pups! Can't wait especially to do the swimming test. :crazy:

What a shame I really need to do stuff around the house on Sunday otherwise I'd be begging to come and help with the testing :rofl:

So what kind of tests are you going to perform?

RS they are all in a dedicated weimaraner breed book and they all help with the indication of temperaments for working etc. it'll give me a good idea of what each pup is suited to and to whom. The tests we do - swimming test (in the bath!), introduction to feather, some kind of tracking type test etc. Tehre are a heap to do... so much fun!!

I think you should apply for it too Mason's mum - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Managed to jag a training session at Durack where the competition is being held over the next 2 days - they were setting up rings so were happy to let us do our own thing.

Unfortunately Scoota's stand in position in motion has been left home as has Brookies wash cloths.:mad

Its much warmer here than I was expecting - 24 degrees today - so bedazzled and I had to do a shopping run on the way home - and have just finished the most yummy lunch :thumbsup: Having a very slack afternoon and will pack our bags ready for the weekend a bit later - all is good on this side of the country!

RS they are all in a dedicated weimaraner breed book and they all help with the indication of temperaments for working etc. it'll give me a good idea of what each pup is suited to and to whom. The tests we do - swimming test (in the bath!), introduction to feather, some kind of tracking type test etc. Tehre are a heap to do... so much fun!!

I just happen to be free this sunday and looking for something fun to do if you need a hand....and I could get those raffle tickets of you at the same time ;) :D but totally understand if you want to keep the numbers down :)

Go for it Mason and hope your tests go through quickly!

Happy Birthday Soggy :birthday:

Thanks for the info RS, I think 2hrs is a bit too far, but let me know when your next doing a retriving trial closer to home :)