Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

What a shame mirawee! Will you be exhibiting your Kelpie's at the classic? Or just the Lapphund ( :thumbsup:).

Banjo (my only Kelpie that is shown) will be at the Classic, possibly also doing his first Jumping rounds as well :D Same days as you. Plus we will have 3-4 Lappies in the show as well :( Banjo will still get to do the NYE show too, unless he decides to do something to make sure he can't be shown either :D

• 2 weeks later...

RS - it's likely you will see some...

Shows coming up:

All breeds Champ show - 16 Jan - start time 6pm

Allbreeds Champ Show - 23 Jan - Start time 6.30pm

All breedsChamp show - 24 Jan - Start time 6.30pm

All breeds champ show - 30 Jan - Start time 6pm

and - Western Classic Group 5 (Aussies) will be

Saturday 27 Feb 6pm

Sunday 28 Feb 6pm

(English Setters will be on the same days too btw :champagne::birthday:)

Hey,

Im from Country WA too.. I only live 150kms from Perth.. I want to get into showing dog.. im just wondering how hard is to it do? also would i need to get a new puppy cos my current dog is too old to be training also he isnt show quailty due to his tail. He is ACD.

Howdy fellow WA'ers :laugh:

Haven't posted here yet, saying hello with a little query as i'm not too clued up on 'showing'. I'm hoping to attend a couple, could be something interesting to do,have always wanted to check i out, so was wondering how I find out about shows and if I can attend (like, can anyone go?)

:cry:

Cheers!

ValleyWA OMG it has come up soooo quickly i can't believe that you will have your baby soon!!

Ari is entered in the show (the weim) but James isn't entered unfortunately i can't show him as he has HD :laugh: he likes to come along sometimes though and he recently had a lovely groom so perhaps i will bring him along to the classic! the OES is entered too.

Peta23 showing isn't hard to get into but it also isn't for everyone. best thing to do would be to come along to a big show and watch and see if you like it. to get into showingyou have to purchase your dog from a registered ANKC breeder (you can call dogswest for a list of breeders that have the breed you want). When you chat to them you must mention you are interested in showing and they will guide you from there. Some people will not always sell a puppy to a person who hasn't shown before but it really depends on a few factors so pick a breeder and go from there. dogs are never too old to learn something new but if your ACD isn't show quality then it probably isn't on the main register, which is what it needs to be in order to be able to show. Your dog also must be entire in order to show it. oh and welcome to DOL!

thornliegirl I take it you are still in Thornlie? if you go to the canine grounds (cnr warton rd and ranford rd, southern river) at the times and dates listed in my last post on page 10 of this thread, you can see which shows you might like to attend. The western classic is the biggest of the shows in WA except the royal show, and it is held over 4 days, so if you are interested in a particular breed, let me know and i can tellyou what day they are on if you are interested in going to the western classic. all our shows from now on until about april maybe are night shows as it is too hot to show during the day. most start around 6pm. anyone can go down to shows, and you can even take your dog although if you want a good look and a good wander i wouldnt recommend you bring your dog.

ST I have a (stupid) question. Can a Baby Puppy win BOB, or is that only for dogs eligable for points? Or if you are in an age division are you only eligable for group/show awards of that division?

Can't wait for the Western Classic. But I am also nervous to be showing for the first time under international judges!