Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

trust me, puppy breath it is an acquired smell which doesn't last long and you will miss as soon as "loosing teeth" breath sets in :xmashohoho:

That teething smell is so awful! I could not believe how bad it was, thank goodness my pup has all his big teeth now.

Mmmmmmm........................Puppy breath! Oh how I miss it! I may have to invest in some more next year, if Im allowed to :xmassmile:

Glendabenda - 10 ks which direction from Margarets??? I sold a horse to a lady down that neck of the woods last year, along Abbeys Farm road actually - lovely area down there!

Each year all my female cousins, sisters-in-law, sister and myself head down to Molloy Island for a "Girls Weekend" - just drinks and snacks, absolute bliss! We usually do it in May, but Im hanging out for it again already, I think it may have to become a twice a year destination :xmashohoho:

Rat

Went along to Salty Seadogs and had the best time! There was agility displays and then we got to try out agility helped by some agility instructors. There was doggy massages for $5, all the money was donated to assistance dogs. We also played games and there were prizes galore. The packs you got at registration were also awesome and the dogs got an Eagle Pack breakfast. Was a lot of fun and well worth going, if they have it next year we will definatly go again!

Will it be a big mistake going to Western Classic for my second show and without having had many (if any since pup will be just over 3 months) formal show lessons prior? :cheer: I am scared since it will be the first time a few people have seen the beed showing for a while I might embarass the whole breed!

Also do many people go down to the Geraldton/Albany and Bunbury shows in Febuary?

Don't be nervous about it Valleywa its just like all the other shows just a little bigger with more international judges just the place to showcase your new pup and a new breed for WA. The country shows usually get quiet a reasonable turnout and you can camp on the grounds at Geraldton and Albany.

I'm not showing at the moment as my girl is semi retired and may be on maternal duties for the Western classic but if you need some moral support let me know I'm sure I'll end up down there anyway. I remember how scary it can be when you first start. Feel free to email me if I can help, I don't live far from the Canine centre and you can always do some practice with my girl if you want to.

Went along to Salty Seadogs and had the best time! There was agility displays and then we got to try out agility helped by some agility instructors. There was doggy massages for $5, all the money was donated to assistance dogs. We also played games and there were prizes galore. The packs you got at registration were also awesome and the dogs got an Eagle Pack breakfast. Was a lot of fun and well worth going, if they have it next year we will definatly go again!

Aaawwww, I missed it :D I knew it would be fun but I slept in and then had to take a cat to the vet this morning so it would have been too much of a rush.

Glad you had a great time with Mason. :cheer:

Hope they do it again next year!

Will it be a big mistake going to Western Classic for my second show and without having had many (if any since pup will be just over 3 months) formal show lessons prior? :thumbsup: I am scared since it will be the first time a few people have seen the beed showing for a while I might embarass the whole breed!

Also do many people go down to the Geraldton/Albany and Bunbury shows in Febuary?

Don't be nervous about it Valleywa its just like all the other shows just a little bigger with more international judges just the place to showcase your new pup and a new breed for WA. The country shows usually get quiet a reasonable turnout and you can camp on the grounds at Geraldton and Albany.

I'm not showing at the moment as my girl is semi retired and may be on maternal duties for the Western classic but if you need some moral support let me know I'm sure I'll end up down there anyway. I remember how scary it can be when you first start. Feel free to email me if I can help, I don't live far from the Canine centre and you can always do some practice with my girl if you want to.

I'm doing the obedience at the Western Classic and it'll probably be our first trial unless we get one in before then so I'm feeling the nerves as well :thumbsup: . Still looking forward to it though :rofl: .

You'll do good, Tiggy! Don't worry :thumbsup:

Come over and say hello as well! I'll be there with Ruby and hopefully Millie if I can get our act together :thumbsup:

I've got one more obedience trial left for the year, but not expecting great things as Ruby is still a work in progress :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Helloo Perthites!

Does anyone have results from todays AB show? In particular - Hounds, Whippets, BIS and RUIS? :)

I was entered with my baby but couldnt make it :(

Hello! :D

Hound group was won by Sandra Taylor's RR, don't know Whippy breed results but (I think) a baby Whippy got Baby In Group! :thumbsup:

BIS was Michelle Roberts lovely Boxer "Pearl"

RUBIS was Joan Jensen/Anne Howell/Peter Boekelman's Standard Poodle "Cash", handled by me today :thumbsup::rofl:

I buggered off home as soon as BIS was finished so can't help with any other CIS results, it was very warm down there today!

Other group winners (from memory):

Toy: Havanese (Sue Shellback's)

Terrier: Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier! (nice to see, I love this breed - don't know who dog or owner were though)

Gundog: Golden Retriever (Liz Griffiths)

Working Dog: GSD (not sure of owner but it was from Junior class)

Hope that helps, sorry you couldn't get there :)

You'll do good, Tiggy! Don't worry :rofl:

Come over and say hello as well! I'll be there with Ruby and hopefully Millie if I can get our act together :thumbsup:

I've got one more obedience trial left for the year, but not expecting great things as Ruby is still a work in progress :D

Thanks RubyStar :thumbsup: .