Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thinking of pleading with her into tacking Cider before her first show - but not sure how far friendships can stretch :mad

Oooh! When is Cider's first show? :rofl: Wonder if it is a day I can come and be cheer squad :rofl:

24th April :laugh:

Hmmm I might have to pop up from agility to have a look! :rofl:

Ari has got nearly everything down... except that she will drop the bumper on return... and she is never interested in the "hold" game...

Did you want to go to the trial on the 18th ST to watch?

I might be interested, if you're talking retrieving trial?

Thinking of pleading with her into tacking Cider before her first show - but not sure how far friendships can stretch :)

Oooh! When is Cider's first show? :rofl: Wonder if it is a day I can come and be cheer squad :rofl:

24th April :laugh:

Will be at a horse show :mad Oh well, I am sure she will be a star :rofl:

It's in Upper Swan which is in metro area. I heard that they have quite a few out in the country so its probably one of the easier ones to get to!

RS- Yes I mean retrieving trial. I will be bringing Lincoln along to expose him to gunfire and the sights/sounds.

It's in Upper Swan which is in metro area. I heard that they have quite a few out in the country so its probably one of the easier ones to get to!

RS- Yes I mean retrieving trial. I will be bringing Lincoln along to expose him to gunfire and the sights/sounds.

I did that last year, took Ruby to a retrieving trial in Upper Swan. Won't do it again! She got loose and came running to find me :rofl: I was so embarrassed amongst all the fabulous retrieiving folk :laugh: Plus the uphill/downhill climb with a dog and other stuff was horrid!!! It was very steep and slippery.

I did that last year, took Ruby to a retrieving trial in Upper Swan. Won't do it again! She got loose and came running to find me :rofl: I was so embarrassed amongst all the fabulous retrieiving folk :laugh: Plus the uphill/downhill climb with a dog and other stuff was horrid!!! It was very steep and slippery.

I am going to go and have a look, there is one on the 18th and one on the 25th its just around the corner from me :rofl:

Edited by Masons_mom

I am thinking you cant just hold the dog on a lead then? :rofl:

Upper Swan is about 20 mins from my place it would be at least 50 mins from up your way then.

LOL you poor thing RS!

Last year I drove up to one of the trials which was east of toodyay... the long drive doesnt bother me too much so upper swan is probably ok!

Valley Ari may be in season by then so i won't be able to bring her along bt i'd still like to come and watch... i'll keep you posted though....

Actually scratch that... I'm going to be at the OES open show that day :rofl: just checked...

Edited by SparkyTansy

I did that last year, took Ruby to a retrieving trial in Upper Swan. Won't do it again! She got loose and came running to find me :laugh: I was so embarrassed amongst all the fabulous retrieiving folk :rofl: Plus the uphill/downhill climb with a dog and other stuff was horrid!!! It was very steep and slippery.

I am thinking you cant just hold the dog on a lead then? :rofl:

Upper Swan is about 20 mins from my place it would be at least 50 mins from up your way then.

Yeah was she tied out or what RS? How did she get loose? She is a good retriever though she went to fetch her mum :rofl:

If you want to watch the action, you can't have your dog with you. You have to keep them tied up or crated in the holding area or whatever it is they call it. The dogs there aren't allowed to see the action. I'm sure fetchindawgs can be more technical than I am trying to be!

Ruby slipped her collar which is how she got loose. I didn't have a slip rope one at that stage (what are they called again?), but now I have 4 and gave up retrieving right after I got them :rofl:

If you want to watch the action, you can't have your dog with you. You have to keep them tied up or crated in the holding area or whatever it is they call it. The dogs there aren't allowed to see the action. I'm sure fetchindawgs can be more technical than I am trying to be!

Ruby slipped her collar which is how she got loose. I didn't have a slip rope one at that stage (what are they called again?), but now I have 4 and gave up retrieving right after I got them :rofl:

Ok that makes sense. Will the dogs still hear the gunfire? This Sunday reterving traing is being done by Maggie Hankinson and I am so tempted to go down for a little bit before work to hear her wisdom.

Ruby slipped her collar which is how she got loose. I didn't have a slip rope one at that stage (what are they called again?), but now I have 4 and gave up retrieving right after I got them :laugh:

Ok that makes sense. Will the dogs still hear the gunfire? This Sunday reterving traing is being done by Maggie Hankinson and I am so tempted to go down for a little bit before work to hear her wisdom.

It will be well worth it, she's a wealth of knowledge :rofl:

Yes the dogs can still hear stuff, they just can't see it!

I woud have loved to have gone too valley but GDC has an obedience trial and I have to be a steward...

when i went up to toodyay one i of course kept Ari well away from the action but we did hear the gunshot each time... i went right up close with the crowd without dogs to watch the action though so if you can trust lincoln tied out you should be ok. My mum held onto Ari when i went to watch and photograph.

I woud have loved to have gone too valley but GDC has an obedience trial and I have to be a steward...

when i went up to toodyay one i of course kept Ari well away from the action but we did hear the gunshot each time... i went right up close with the crowd without dogs to watch the action though so if you can trust lincoln tied out you should be ok. My mum held onto Ari when i went to watch and photograph.

Lincoln is absoultely terrified of being tangled so I would have to bring a crate if I decided to bring him. Hmmm I might just come down and help at the GDC obidience trial since I am a member and I want to see an obidience trial in action.

valley are you serious? if you are you can steward with me!

but if you have to work on Sunday you might be pushing it! it is a good way of seeing a trial in action though, and we usually finish before 12pm cos it isnt a huge event.

I am thinking you are probably like the first member who isn't on the committee who is willng to come down and help without being asked...

ETA - i think i'm confused...

on the 18th i am at an OES open show

but THIS sunday (when the last retrieving training day is) i am at an obedience trial...

Edited by SparkyTansy