Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

hey guys,

Sorry I'm at work and it's easier to come on here then phone the tracking people up.... Do we need to bring our own flags?!

I am getting nervous :( which is making me panic that i'll do something wrong and yeah. I'm hopeless.

So it's training for 4 weeks? I like that!

Gives me time to register with the CAWA as well so we can actually compete later on!

hey guys,

Sorry I'm at work and it's easier to come on here then phone the tracking people up.... Do we need to bring our own flags?!

I am getting nervous :( which is making me panic that i'll do something wrong and yeah. I'm hopeless.

So it's training for 4 weeks? I like that!

Gives me time to register with the CAWA as well so we can actually compete later on!

No, I think we are regarded as novices and innocents for the first 4 weeks (as we are in training) and only need to bring ourselves and our dogs. :laugh:

Cool.

Also can we buy the leads and harnesses there or should it done before hand?!

We don't need them while training - our normal leads are fine but later on we can buy the leads and harnesses from them yes.

I have a couple of lunge leads, I am going to ask if these can be used instead of buying yet another lead :(

Edited by Golden Rules

Does anyone have recommendations to vets they like in Perth? I'm in the Northern Suburbs so would love to find a great vet in this area if possible.

Thanks guys :laugh:

What area are you in? I live in Ellenbrook but I travel back down to Dianella to go to the Bedford Dianella vet centre, Claire and Beryl are both awesome ladies.

Does anyone have recommendations to vets they like in Perth? I'm in the Northern Suburbs so would love to find a great vet in this area if possible.

What area are you in? I live in Ellenbrook but I travel back down to Dianella to go to the Bedford Dianella vet centre, Claire and Beryl are both awesome ladies.

Hi Masons Mum,

I am in Edgewater. If I can find something closer to home that would be fantastic. Though I don't mind travelling a bit further for a great vet. :)

Hi Masons Mum,

I am in Edgewater. If I can find something closer to home that would be fantastic. Though I don't mind travelling a bit further for a great vet. :)

If you like I can ask around at my club where most people take their dogs as they all live in that area :)

Hi Masons Mum,

I am in Edgewater. If I can find something closer to home that would be fantastic. Though I don't mind travelling a bit further for a great vet. :dancingelephant:

If you like I can ask around at my club where most people take their dogs as they all live in that area :)

Thanks Masons Mum. I would appreciate that :)

To all those with Gundogs, and, thinking of coming to a retrieving trial. It is quite ok for you to sit in the spectator gallery with your dog on lead beside you, as long as you have control of your dog, and it is quiet. Just ask the judge or C.Steward.

Remember for Novice trials, these are usually very young dogs competing, and sometimes inexperienced handlers, so, the last thing needed is barking dogs nearby. The less distractions the better. The majority of trial managers will allow new or prospective handlers to the sport to have their dogs close by to experience the sound of the shot, and even to watch the throw which often incites excitement in the whole event. Your dog sees how much fun the dog working is having, and wants to do it too.

To come along for the 18th you will need some lunch, water, lead & stake for your dog, and a seat for yourself. I will be there, as will many others, so introduce yourself and ask questions, then watch the trial and let your dog soak in the atmosphere and excitement of what a real gundog does in his spare time. The trial on the 25th will have food and drinks available for sale, but everything else applied.

To all those with Gundogs, and, thinking of coming to a retrieving trial. It is quite ok for you to sit in the spectator gallery with your dog on lead beside you, as long as you have control of your dog, and it is quiet. Just ask the judge or C.Steward.

Remember for Novice trials, these are usually very young dogs competing, and sometimes inexperienced handlers, so, the last thing needed is barking dogs nearby. The less distractions the better. The majority of trial managers will allow new or prospective handlers to the sport to have their dogs close by to experience the sound of the shot, and even to watch the throw which often incites excitement in the whole event. Your dog sees how much fun the dog working is having, and wants to do it too.

To come along for the 18th you will need some lunch, water, lead & stake for your dog, and a seat for yourself. I will be there, as will many others, so introduce yourself and ask questions, then watch the trial and let your dog soak in the atmosphere and excitement of what a real gundog does in his spare time. The trial on the 25th will have food and drinks available for sale, but everything else applied.

Thanks I will try make it down to one of them! Just depends which day my hubby and I are driving the club van, whichever day we wont be driving I will come to the trial :)

Where is the trial on the 25th being held?

Cool.

We don't need them while training - our normal leads are fine but later on we can buy the leads and harnesses from them yes.

I have a couple of lunge leads, I am going to ask if these can be used instead of buying yet another lead :)

I was told that the lunge lead I had was fine but that I might be better with a cotton one as well as some gloves to save my hands, have gone out to the horse shop and got both and will use the car harness which they said was OK. Have also hopefully got my flags arranged (have to double check the site to make sure they are alright). I'll bring the other long lead as well so someone else can use that tomorrow if need be. Don't forget to bring water for your dogs as they get very dry tracking and you may have to carry it with you, not sure.

Excited about the tracking but not the early start, but I guess I'll get use to it. Will organise it all tonight so that I can stay in bed an extra few minutes.

Thanks Valley CBR, for my signature hopefully it will be at the bottom of this post if I've done it right. :)

Cool.

I have a couple of lunge leads, I am going to ask if these can be used instead of buying yet another lead :)

I was told that the lunge lead I had was fine but that I might be better with a cotton one as well as some gloves to save my hands, have gone out to the horse shop and got both and will use the car harness which they said was OK. Have also hopefully got my flags arranged (have to double check the site to make sure they are alright). I'll bring the other long lead as well so someone else can use that tomorrow if need be. Don't forget to bring water for your dogs as they get very dry tracking and you may have to carry it with you, not sure.

Excited about the tracking but not the early start, but I guess I'll get use to it. Will organise it all tonight so that I can stay in bed an extra few minutes.

Thanks Valley CBR, for my signature hopefully it will be at the bottom of this post if I've done it right. :)

Ozjen I cant see your sig..... see you tomorrow, I am only buying a harness next week, this payday i had too much to pay!

Edited to say that I can see it now!

Edited by Masons_mom

I don't think I will be coming to tracking, it sounds great but I will only really be able to go the one week. :)

I will just focus on Toby's agility and getting Lincoln started in obidience and retrieving skills.], so I have some stuff to occupy my time. :)

Glad you worked out how to put the sig up ozjen! I can see it fine

Cool.

Ozjen I cant see your sig..... see you tomorrow, I am only buying a harness next week, this payday i had too much to pay!

Edited to say that I can see it now!

Yep, I managed to do something wrong, I think I've fixed it now. I can see it at this end now, Valley CBR you did a great job.