Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I will take Mason in a heartbeat if he had nowhere to go :laugh:

Actually I could take him and I live closer .... :laugh:

Living closer ain't gonna matter when she's dead :laugh:

I'm not about to fight for Mason, but my home is open for him if he ever needed it, it's all I'm saying!

Double choc have white and milk choc chips :laugh: So maybe I need to make white chocolate biscuits with choc chips (white and milk - just white could be a bit too much!) :laugh:

Hmm, does that mean I have just committed myself to cooking more biscuits for the Nationals? I am sure we can get OzJen's sister to make caramel slice too since I run her dog :laugh:

You're in the Nationals aren't you? Or coming to watch? I was going to try and make some real white choc and macadamia bickies (ie not use cocoa like I did since I was cooking so late :laugh: ) I could always make a few without macadamias :eek: Although won't guarantee taste since I have to play with the recipe a bit to figure out substitutions for cocoa!

Yep, I'll be there every day :laugh: I had heart palpitations this morning when I realised the State Trial is THIS FRIDAY :laugh: now I'm freaking out, and I have also entered every trial available for the next 3 weeks... eep.

You're going to need the sugar from ozjen's sister's caramel slice to keep running since you have so may dogs entered :laugh:

I might bake something too, a savoury snack perhaps.

Hmm do you want to know how many years its been since I walked a novice course amypie - try over 8 years :laugh: and I don't remember Ness being as feral as Kenz was although I do remember Ness's first trial and her deciding that a magpie in the middle of the course was far to great a temptation to refuse :laugh: . I do remember we were running under the old heights and I had her in both jumping and agility :laugh: . In agility she refused the table - story of our life :eek::eek: . She for her first pass at her second trial and very nearly another pass but with very shitty lighting she knocked the spread :cry: . Her JD title came pretty quickly though.

ETA. And they were the days when I knew next to nothing about handling :laugh: .

Edited by ness

I'm not so sure, I'm feeling a little light headed :laugh: What have I done :laugh:

I have my very novice Kelpie entered in the jumping (and my Lappy who can do very well... or decide she won't even move :laugh: ) so I will hold your hand for that and you can hold mine. I am also in novice agility with two although will probably pull Varda (the Lappy) as she was very demotivated at Cloverdale again :eek:

Saying that though, Banjo was the only one who behaved yesterday! Jenna and Abbey were having their blonde bits dominating :laugh:

Ok Mirawee :(

I'm in novice agility and jumping for all 3 trials & nationals.

Regarding the nationals, do you think 8.30am is too early for an alcoholic drink to calm the nerves? :(

I didn't get any cookies... and i was there :(

I saw you walk past Mirawee but was too shy to say anything :(

Rubystar what happened with Ruby? was she ok?

Ptolomy we met unofficially (mostly cos i didn't want to say Ptolomy! i'm SparkyTansy!) when i gave you your numbers.

:( amypie - well I was dosed up on pain killers before the last obedience trial and that did nothing for the nerves - even the valium I was taking at the time. Least you have a support team of equally nervous people.

I tried to talk Tassie into coming to Adelaide for the trial but she decided staying in Melbourne for the BC club event was more exciting then being around to offer me support at midget's first agility trial :( .

Amypie, I am not doing the trials on the ANZAC day weekend. I figure 8 trials in 3 weekends is too much for the dogs let alone me :o So I will go and show my ponies instead... including a first show for one of my yearlings... Hmm, I wonder if that is a good idea a week before the nationals :(:o Don't worry about the Nationals either... with all the trials before hand you will be an old hand by then :cheer: Or alternatively, just start drinking the night before and don't stop :) I don't mind day trials but Varda isn't a fan ;) Hopefully it won't be too hot (or too wet!)

ST, if you yelled out I would have stopped :cheers: Or you could have stalked me and when I stopped to talk to anyone else just come and taken a biscuit :(

Regarding the nationals, do you think 8.30am is too early for an alcoholic drink to calm the nerves? :o

Naaahh!!! :(

Don't be too nervous. Ruby's debut in novice obedience without the lead as my backup was at the state trial and she surprised me by blitzing the heelwork!!! I thought for sure she'd run off :o

Rubystar what happened with Ruby? was she ok?

Ruby was fine, just not in the mood to work I guess! I felt a bit off yesterday so perhaps she was feeding off me? Dunno :(

I will take Mason in a heartbeat if he had nowhere to go :o

Actually I could take him and I live closer .... :)

Living closer ain't gonna matter when she's dead :(

I'm not about to fight for Mason, but my home is open for him if he ever needed it, it's all I'm saying!

Possum, we won't need to fight, I live closer so will be able to get to Mason sooner! ;) :(

But yeah, he will have a few places who will happily take him in if the need ever arose :o

:( amypie - well I was dosed up on pain killers before the last obedience trial and that did nothing for the nerves - even the valium I was taking at the time. Least you have a support team of equally nervous people.

I tried to talk Tassie into coming to Adelaide for the trial but she decided staying in Melbourne for the BC club event was more exciting then being around to offer me support at midget's first agility trial :o .

Plus, I figure being about 700 km away is probably a safe distance. :o

Or alternatively, just start drinking the night before and don't stop

:( mirawee - my thoughts entirely!

And all our trials here are daytime, so we get thrown by trialling under lights. Kirra had only had one run under lights before the teams jumping in Adelaide. :)

oh that's good RS... for some reason i thought that she was attacked by one of the other dogs and put off... well, that's what i heard but it wasn't necessarily about Ruby...

mirawee i'll remember that and yell out next time! you probably didn't realise it was me because i wasn't flustered, covered in OES hair :(

And all our trials here are daytime, so we get thrown by trialling under lights. Kirra had only had one run under lights before the teams jumping in Adelaide. :(

Do you train during the day as well? Most of our clubs train at night under lights so our dogs are generally more used to that :(