Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

oh that's good RS... for some reason i thought that she was attacked by one of the other dogs and put off... well, that's what i heard but it wasn't necessarily about Ruby...

A dog did have a grumble at Ruby as we were heading towards the ring for our turn. I need to start taking notice of more things around me so I don't put Ruby into that situation again. But I do wish people would not sit so close to the rings with their dogs as competitors are trying to get to the gate, and usually with the lead up to the gate, you are focused on your dog having them focused on you as it's part of a good ring entry in my opinion. If you insist on watching close up, keep your dogs in the car. But anyway, apart from the grumble, I don't think it affected Ruby's performance, she just wasn't into it all morning so I didn't hold high hopes from the start.

Edited by RubyStar

And all our trials here are daytime, so we get thrown by trialling under lights. Kirra had only had one run under lights before the teams jumping in Adelaide. :(

Do you train during the day as well? Most of our clubs train at night under lights so our dogs are generally more used to that :o

Yep - we train in the daytime as well - obedience and agility. The only under lights agility trial down here is at Launceston Royal - and that's a quick job to get the dogs out before the fireworks LOL. And I think the local obedience people would have a pink fit at the idea of working under lights :( .

And all our trials here are daytime, so we get thrown by trialling under lights. Kirra had only had one run under lights before the teams jumping in Adelaide. :o

Do you train during the day as well? Most of our clubs train at night under lights so our dogs are generally more used to that :)

Yep - we train in the daytime as well - obedience and agility. The only under lights agility trial down here is at Launceston Royal - and that's a quick job to get the dogs out before the fireworks LOL. And I think the local obedience people would have a pink fit at the idea of working under lights :( .

Unfair advantage for the Nationals!!! :(:o ;)

I will take Mason in a heartbeat if he had nowhere to go :o

Actually I could take him and I live closer .... :o

Living closer ain't gonna matter when she's dead :(

I'm not about to fight for Mason, but my home is open for him if he ever needed it, it's all I'm saying!

Thanks guys, at least he would have somewhere to go, but hopefully OH and I will be around for the rest of his life ( which I hope is long, hope he makes it to 20...) :(

I'm a bit worried- this Saturday is our first day trial and both Kyzer and I share a dislike of mornings :(

Yes it is good having other nervous people to sympathise.

Would love to come watch but I have tracking on a sat morning :(

mirawee i'll remember that and yell out next time! you probably didn't realise it was me because i wasn't flustered, covered in OES hair :cry:

I probably wasn't paying much attention either :thumbsup: But yep, if you don't have the "right" dog with you I would probably have been trying to place where I know you from :thumbsup: Actually, got accosted by the guy who owns one of the feed stores we occasionally go to when I was at the Royal last year (in the horse stables at least :p) and it seriously took me a while to figure out who it was ;)

Anyone competing on Friday night?

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

I'm stewarding Friday night. Candice, do you wanna give stewarding a go with me? They are short on help I hear. You can ask to be something easy like lead steward or backup timer. Let me know and I will pass on your details.

Anyone competing on Friday night?

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

I'm stewarding Friday night. Candice, do you wanna give stewarding a go with me? They are short on help I hear. You can ask to be something easy like lead steward or backup timer. Let me know and I will pass on your details.

I am not 100% sure I am going to make it down there, I hope too but the week is still young lol. I have to come down to the agility the last weekend of April, my club has a ring and I am going to help out for a couple of hours that weekend :cry:

The thing is, they're not that short on Sat or Sun I hear, just Thurs/Fri but I work so can't help out then :thumbsup: I'll probably just be running boards back and forth from ring to office and bringing drinks for judges and stewards :cry:

And all our trials here are daytime, so we get thrown by trialling under lights. Kirra had only had one run under lights before the teams jumping in Adelaide. :)

Do you train during the day as well? Most of our clubs train at night under lights so our dogs are generally more used to that ;)

Yep - we train in the daytime as well - obedience and agility. The only under lights agility trial down here is at Launceston Royal - and that's a quick job to get the dogs out before the fireworks LOL. And I think the local obedience people would have a pink fit at the idea of working under lights :thumbsup: .

Unfair advantage for the Nationals!!! :cry::thumbsup: ;)

Hey - Kirra and I need all the advantages we can get - fair or otherwise. ;) :p ;)