Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Go the Mini Dobe :D You certainly should be proud of her :) And well done Kyzer! We believe in you (even if you Mum doesn't :p )

Hopefully Kelpie baby will come before Lappy baby next year ;) The Lappy will also technically be my Mum's dog :) And I may even let her show it... occasionally :rofl:

Go the Mini Dobe :D You certainly should be proud of her :) And well done Kyzer! We believe in you (even if you Mum doesn't :p )

:rofl: I do believe in him, hence my perseverance! :laugh: He has the skills to do it, he's just crazy! :laugh: So I don't know what I will get on the day - keeps me on my toes :laugh:

Hopefully Kelpie baby will come before Lappy baby next year ;) The Lappy will also technically be my Mum's dog :) And I may even let her show it... occasionally :rofl:

:rofl: You're a puppy claimer!

Well done mirawee on your show weekend! Sounds like a great success!! thumbsup1.gif

Well done amypie, your runs were lovely! I got Kyzer's on video for you, I will email it to you tonight (just remind me if I forget!) Trixie's JDX run was very very nice! Shame about the one missed jump, though!

Millie got a JDX pass on the weekend. She messed her weavers (again!) in ADX. I can't wait until next year when I am going to start training her in agility again laugh.gif The dogs have had 6 months off agility training (bar the occasional run on a Thursday night) but I just keep trialling and have fun regardless! Ruby had her 2nd run in Masters Jumping and again was just one jump off getting a Q! Her first go she knocked the last bar because I slowed right down, oops! This time I got lost at the very end, held my arm out while I figured out where I was going and too late, she took the jump I was pointing to :hitself: She's slow and steady and usually listens to me to call her off stuff so our biggest worry in Masters will just be being able to make time laugh.gif

Well done Amypie!!! go Kyzer!!

I saw you walking your guys on the bottom oval but when I was walking the OES I looked for you but couldn't find you around the rings.

Mirawee it's fab to see the lappies being recognised and awarded at group/show level. You should be very proud!!

JoJo got BOB last night - and he was an absolute terror in the group line up - he's never been such a fidget before!

sounds like it was another good weekend for the dolers. i am retiring chandra from the show ring except for the odd show i am tired of judges picking size and overlooking her (she has the quality she is just small) will concentrate on titling the pups in conformation i might not be so buggered running 6 dogs :p, so do i do obedience or something else with her she is 4 and i haven't really done much with her at all.

Lok Gibbs would be a terror in the show ring he is a busy body...

So are most pups. But don't you have to train him to pay attention to you for obedience anyway? Showing is a good way to get them used to performing in public without the pressure of always having to be good :) If a baby or even minor mucks around noone really cares - well the occasional judge but most overlook it :)

If you don't want to show then you don't have to. But don't blame it on the dog ;) The plans you have for him when he is older requires a much more disciplined dog than showing does :) We actually like it when Anikka does a few baby jumps in the ring when she is meant to be gaiting as it proves she isn't a robot and that she is having fun ;)

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend :thumbsup:

Emery, you have to wonder why size is so important! The number of dogs who are overheight for their breed but still win big against equally good but in height dogs is amazing :p

So are most pups. But don't you have to train him to pay attention to you for obedience anyway? Showing is a good way to get them used to performing in public without the pressure of always having to be good :) If a baby or even minor mucks around noone really cares - well the occasional judge but most overlook it :)

If you don't want to show then you don't have to. But don't blame it on the dog ;) The plans you have for him when he is older requires a much more disciplined dog than showing does :) We actually like it when Anikka does a few baby jumps in the ring when she is meant to be gaiting as it proves she isn't a robot and that she is having fun ;)

Emery, you have to wonder why size is so important! The number of dogs who are overheight for their breed but still win big against equally good but in height dogs is amazing :p

Totally agree - I spent more time in the class in show line up playing with Lulu than I did stacking her... migth have looked bad to some but I want Lulu to keep the beautiful attitude she has now. Anyway, the very seasoned (at 15 months) Jojo was an absolute terror last night. Even the best most trained dogs have off days.

I personally prefer a smaller bitch (which is why I am begging Lulu to stop growing) in most cases. size within standard, of course, but I like big boys and smallish girls - so you can see the difference.

Flip my whole reply got wiped when I pressed the wrong button!!! Can't be bothered retyping

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Anikka missed having Jerry Whippet in front of her at the shows this weekend as she enjoyed playing with him in the show line up the first two shows :D Obviously when the judge wasn't wanting to look at them and so they didn't impact on others. At Wanneroo a photographer also got some brilliant photos of the baby JRT playing with the baby Goldy in the line up :thumbsup: This weekend other dogs didn't want to play (or their owners didn't want them too :p) and so I did a bit of stack practise and a bit of playing - Anikka was doing some lovely spins last night :rofl:

Anikka missed having Jerry Whippet in front of her at the shows this weekend as she enjoyed playing with him in the show line up the first two shows :D Obviously when the judge wasn't wanting to look at them and so they didn't impact on others. At Wanneroo a photographer also got some brilliant photos of the baby JRT playing with the baby Goldy in the line up :thumbsup: This weekend other dogs didn't want to play (or their owners didn't want them too :p) and so I did a bit of stack practise and a bit of playing - Anikka was doing some lovely spins last night :rofl:

Awww I saw the photos of the Goldy & JRT - soo cute!

do Tracking emery :) I bet she'd love it. it's a good sport to start at any age. A friend with an 8yo weim started last year and got his first pass this year.

I am planning on letting andrew do tracking but i know that is on hold and no idea of any type of trianing i need to do :rofl:

You want pups to have fun, be naughty and not robots. One of our big winners in rottis at the moment is over 2 and she can be so naughty she bounces around the ring, its hilarious and she consistantly gets awarded maybe that's what my well behaved girl is doing wrong :rofl: Chance fidgets and moves runs beautifully but try and stack him and its like dealing with an octopus move one leg another moves i often just stand there and bait him i just put a foot back to try encourage him to not move his back feet too far forward or i bend down and pat and cuddle him etc. he will never be a robot and if he is naughty so be it it doesn't say a dog has to be well behaved lol well not in our standard anyway :D

It is sad as i know she has it all there she is on 28 points so some judges have seen her quality but i feel like i am wasting money to have her constantly over looked so i want to do something else to get some titles on her where she is equal :) i have just eyed off what i need to teach her to get her CD title so might start these holidays and do some obedience training with her. though can someone tell me exactly where the heel position is? i know its left hand side but thats all i know rofl

There is politics in anything you do with animals. I have never had an issue with showing dogs and we are friendly with everyone. People we have been "warned off" of are friendly back to us as well :) We don't run with any "crowds" but our own, we don't show to be popular :p

We have only had support from people for both the Lappies and Banjo, at least to our face, and I don't care what anyone says about me behind my back coz it really doesn't affect me if I don't know what they are saying :lol: I know my dogs' faults and am probably pickier about them than any of the side line critics :) But I am lucky enough to have a great group of people to hang around with at shows who also don't go into showing thinking it is all about the winning :)

Basically I said its not anything to do with Gibbs why I won't show it's all to do with me it's a tough crowd and I'm not thick skinned enough to do it

If you want him shown SG you could see if one of us would do it or get a junior handler they are normally more than willing and it gives them experience. or come to some open shows as they tend to be smaller (trainee judges) and you can often take a few shots if you feel it wasn't done properly. i used these to learn and build up confidence :D

Anikka missed having Jerry Whippet in front of her at the shows this weekend as

she enjoyed playing with him in the show line up the first two shows :D

Obviously when the judge wasn't wanting to look at them and so they didn't

impact on others. At Wanneroo a photographer also got some brilliant photos of

the baby JRT playing with the baby Goldy in the line up :thumbsup:

This weekend other dogs didn't want to play (or their owners didn't want them

too :p)

and so I did a bit of stack practise and a bit of playing - Anikka was doing

some lovely spins last night :rofl:

:laugh: we got up to 5 touches

DSC_8198.jpg

It does wonders for focus

IMG_8276-1.jpg

Edited to add quote referring to mirawees post cos I was too slow!!

Edited by SparkyTansy

Basically I said its not anything to do with Gibbs why I won't show it's all to do with me it's a tough crowd and I'm not thick skinned enough to do it

If you want him shown SG you could see if one of us would do it or get a junior handler they are normally more than willing and it gives them experience. or come to some open shows as they tend to be smaller (trainee judges) and you can often take a few shots if you feel it wasn't done properly. i used these to learn and build up confidence :D

Or there are enough of us on here who would take him in the ring for you the first time or two if you want to give it a go :) That is what we have done with Taavi - E has been told she is showing him at his last Baby show on NYE but we have got him to the stage that he isn't too naughty in the ring now :D