Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well done, sorry Master K is not happy :-( .

I think you are purposely making it too hard to get a Q with Trixie.. hmmmMMMMM.. don't want a masters dog too soon LOL

He was happy in his first run - just not sure what flicked his switch but it was a pretty major flick!? :shrug:

Hahahh yes and no - I didn't deliberately make her miss the jump but I am happy to stay in Excellent for as long as I can - it's my favourite class :D :p

Edited by amypie

a couple of photos of Lulu at the beach :)

Lovely :D If you organise a beach meet I might bring my two. I don't take them at the moment due to Louis issues, but with people I know and can do the proper introductions with I think he would be ok :)

Home now!!!! Dogs (and I) were so excited to see each other. Zora grew while I was away :eek: I am not really sure if she got taller but she definitely is becoming more mature and less puppy like.

Welcome back RV :D When do we see all your photos?

Congratulations everyone on the past few days achievements :thumbsup: makes me feel very lazy with my two, but they did have a nice lake walk at the weekend and a swim at home :laugh:

Boxagirl - How is Bondi doing now ?

CC speaking of photos - did you keep any of the photos from that weekend at RV's house? I'm curious if there are any nice or funny ones of Lulu on top of that sand heap!

CC speaking of photos - did you keep any of the photos from that weekend at RV's house? I'm curious if there are any nice or funny ones of Lulu on top of that sand heap!

Yup I've kept them all - they are currently in my 'will go back and edit when I have 5 mins spare' pile :laugh: I have a couple of weeks off work from friday so hope to have some time to sort them out then :) My parents arrive on Saturday from the UK - I know I'm going to regret saying this......but I hope it warms up a bit :laugh:

The worst is poor RallyVally she probably has to clarify everything since she can't even watch the ring beforehand cos she's first! :laugh:

I have had most of 3 years at the beginning of the alphabet :p It is rare for ACD to be in the ring and it has only been in the last year that a younger male has competed :D

ETA: It is actually often easier being first as you are there when the judge and steward discuss how the dogs are to enter the ring. Later on in the night they can sometimes expect you to know and don't tell you :laugh:

That would be good if I'm not working...

It will probably be on one of the public holiday days between Christmas and NY :)

Edited by mirawee

Chatty bunch in here today! :D

sounds like it was another good weekend for the dolers. i am retiring chandra from the show ring except for the odd show i am tired of judges picking size and overlooking her (she has the quality she is just small) will concentrate on titling the pups in conformation i might not be so buggered running 6 dogs :p, so do i do obedience or something else with her she is 4 and i haven't really done much with her at all.

It'll be nice to see a Rottweiler in the obedience ring. :thumbsup:

do Tracking emery :) I bet she'd love it. it's a good sport to start at any age. A friend with an 8yo weim started last year and got his first pass this year.

I'm taking the boys to tracking next year, I can only get there fortnightly though because of work, but I'm hoping along with training at home we'll do alright. :)

Yes a puppy fix is good, they are just so cute and fluffy too! Fingers crossed you get your Lappie girlie next year! (and maybe a Kelpie baby? :laugh: )

My update: At the trial on Saturday *shock horror* I did get one Q card but... it was with Kyzer :rofl: He got a quallie in ADX :) He went a bit wobbly/wide though and also seemed to take forever on the seesaw not moving forward enough to tip it, but still passed and even beat the other 300 dog much to my amusement :laugh: He wigged out and shut down in JDM - not sure what triggered it - the worst he has been in a very long time... :confused: he'll enjoy the break over Summer, will probably just play with him, minimal training if any.

Trixie was a good little bean and tried her heart out but alas it wasn't to be, completely demolished the spread jump in Agility :eek: (don't think she saw it when coming at top speed out of the tunnel :laugh: ) but everything else including the tricky weave entry (not long after the spread demolition) which I was happy with. In her Excellent jumping debut we were going great guns but she missed a jump (helps if the handler tells her to take it :laugh: ) but I thought I'd take the trainer wheels off and hang back and try and push her for some distance and was very pleased with how she went :thumbsup: Can't wait for next year, just so happy with how she's gone in her first four trials.

Being the Dobe club trial I did get quite a few of the Dobe people coming to meet Trixie, black & tan fans :laugh: and I could hear them talking at the stewarding table about the 'mini dobe' heheh!

Well done, sorry Master K is not happy :-( .

I think you are purposely making it too hard to get a Q with Trixie.. hmmmMMMMM.. don't want a masters dog too soon LOL

oh Rosie ! me either :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well done everyone at the weekend, I wish we had a NYE trial..cos I have no life :D

I wish we had a NYE trial..cos I have no life :D

Me too! SA have an obedience and agility trial on NYE I believe (I'm sure our resident lurker, ness, will pop along very soon to confirm or deny!) and I think it would be great if we had the same.... cos ya know, I don't have much of a life outside of dogs, either laugh.gifembarrass.gif

oh Rosie ! me either :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:laugh::provoke:

Oh and for the readers - Rusky was SO close to two clear rounds she could practically lick them!!! Mr Guinness was an absolute star - unfortunately he missed ONE weave pole in agility, and knocked ONE jump in Jumping!! Rusky you are doing so well with that crazy man he's coming together so nicely, so good to watch, your work will pay off next year I reckon!

Guest RosieFT

hee hee how did you go Rusky??? Were you competing or running it? You are so busy I can never keep up :-)

ok, have to share....

i just had an awful, awful experience. I had the warm weather because the critters start surfacing.... OH is away and I am a wuss... started off with folding hte washing and having a grasshopper land on me.... ok deep breaths, got under control, covered it with an empty container, slipped hte paper under it and put it oustide....

Then i was just getting my kids chrissy presents down from my walk in cupboard/storage area and this HUGE thing landed on me, luckily i flicked it off before i saw what it was... the most gigantic brown cockroach I have ever seen.... i let out a blood curdling scream - NOBODY came to check on me, rosie didn't bother... i have a *slight* phobia of the bloody things.. my brother and father thought it amusing to throw them at me when i was a child, they ALWAYS come at me, land on me, look at me funny... i used to feel sorry for them and have my brother take them outside.. not anymore...

so my problem.. all the pressies on the bed, kids due home from school soon, no OH to bravely find it and kill it for me.. i had to hunt for it myself. Armed with bug spray and a long handled duster i flipped all pressies over, rusteled packets... by now i am hyperventilating and almost crying... (rediculous i know) .. start thinking i will have to sleep on the couch till OH gets home.... then i spot it in the folds of my bed frill thingo.. i spray the sucker and it goes mental (don't they always>?? usually they run straight at me if i spray them)... it went running at high speed round my room, in my shoe, out my shoe, up the curtain (i kept on emptying bug spray on it... ) still it goes... the terminator of all cockroaches it WON'T DIE! I go into cupboard to grab a shoe (not mine, OH's) and hurl the shoe at this crazed beast from 5m away.. whamo i got it.. and knocked it out.. it is now on its back doing the i won't die dance.. so i spray it some more to hopefully put it out of its misery.

now i just break down and sob.. i am a baby and my heart is going a million miles an hour, i am in a cold sweat and feel odd... i think i went into shock! LOL

Rang OH who laughed his head off and asked why bugs always come to me, i must be their leader he says.... i am not amused.

so i have told him when he gets back we are cleaning out walk in robe and plastering hte house in cockroach bait... i HATE them, HATE HATE HATE them.. the wya they look at you and wave their antannae. ... ironically i quite like insects... my kids adore insects.. so my daughter was all 'shame poor cockroach, i feel sorry for it".. she was impressed by its size though...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: God I could just picture that, you big girl :rofl:

We used to have cockroach fights too :laugh: - they don't bother me unless they leap on me when I'm not expecting them (they quite often hide in the work mail :p )

Hehehehe i love watching naughty puppies in the ring it makes my day. i can not wait to a friend's litter is old enough to show they are only 3 weeks but i will have another baby rotti to show man thats 7 dogs at one show LOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I may need help in the near future

:rofl: Happy to help whenever :)

Hehehe i might need it if i start dominating the challenge line up or i can't run any more :rofl:

I have had most of 3 years at the beginning of the alphabet :p It is rare for ACD to be in the ring and it has only been in the last year that a younger male has competed :D

ETA: It is actually often easier being first as you are there when the judge and steward discuss how the dogs are to enter the ring. Later on in the night they can sometimes expect you to know and don't tell you :laugh:

It will probably be on one of the public holiday days between Christmas and NY :)

That's a very good point!

I'm taking the boys to tracking next year, I can only get there fortnightly though because of work, but I'm hoping along with training at home we'll do alright. :)

I look forward to it she loves being out so will be nice. i might bring both girls will concentrate on them for now.

I will only be able to come twice a month depending on dates due to hubby working to tracking but we can do it together it sounds liek fun :)

lauren did say she will let me know when there is an open day

Rosie i absolutely hate cockroaches too and anything with nippers from the sea thanks to my brother and dad,w hen i started working in the deli dept i almost broke down having to pick up a crayfish :(

Guest RosieFT

Right, well i have put you onto speed dial in my phone, next time i have a cockroach attack i know who to call!!

and yes, i fully admit it, i am a great big giant wuss!!!

but they are scary.... give me a 500kg horse any day..

it is because they are so unpredictable and like to run straight for me!!

Guest RosieFT
Hehehehe i love watching naughty puppies in the ring it makes my day. i can not wait to a friend's litter is old enough to show they are only 3 weeks but i will have another baby rotti to show man thats 7 dogs at one show LOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I may need help in the near future

:rofl: Happy to help whenever :)

Hehehe i might need it if i start dominating the challenge line up or i can't run any more :rofl:

That's a very good point!

I look forward to it she loves being out so will be nice. i might bring both girls will concentrate on them for now.

I will only be able to come twice a month depending on dates due to hubby working to tracking but we can do it together it sounds liek fun :)

lauren did say she will let me know when there is an open day

Rosie i absolutely hate cockroaches too and anything with nippers from the sea thanks to my brother and dad,w hen i started working in the deli dept i almost broke down having to pick up a crayfish :(

Thank you Emery, you are obviously a hugely intelligent person... they are pure evil....

Guest RosieFT

More on the cockroach - i had to dissect on at uni and i was so glad that i already disliked cottage cheese because i fail to be able ot look at it without thinking about cockroach innards... they are all white fat on the inside GROSS :vomit:

These are the only things that will be running around on the earth after everythign else is long dead..

More on the cockroach - i had to dissect on at uni and i was so glad that i already disliked cottage cheese because i fail to be able ot look at it without thinking about cockroach innards... they are all white fat on the inside GROSS :vomit:

These are the only things that will be running around on the earth after everythign else is long dead..

Ok i am so not eating dinner now :rofl: and no it wasn't cottage cheese. My son has a liking and picks them up and brings them at me :eek:

The worst is poor RallyVally she probably has to clarify everything since she can't even watch the ring beforehand cos she's first! :laugh:

That would be good if I'm not working...

Yup I could still be rostered on, most likely they will only use the juniors tho as I'm too expensive on public hols....

Guest RosieFT

Ok i am so not eating dinner now :rofl: and no it wasn't cottage cheese. My son has a liking and picks them up and brings them at me :eek:

oop sorry! LOL

My daughter very kindly picked up dead-ish cockroach to flush away for me... but then pretended to throw it at me.. i screamed (see a trend here?) then just about took her head off.. poor thing ended up in tears.. oops..

You know i happily look at all the insects in the world with my kids, just not cockroaches!! We had a moth lay eggs on the inside of our window.. i waited till they hatched and carefully using a paint brush, moved them into a box with leaves... i have helped them raise silk worms, caterpillars to butterflies, ooh and ahhed over all sorts of things... i like nature.. just not cockroaches.. sorry cuckalucks.. just not my thing..

Guest RosieFT

I don't remember the geckos over there, but i love the ones over here! are they the same? with their translucent bodies and sticky feet - albeit it not necessarily ON me, but i do like them :-)