Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest RosieFT
ahh those were the days, playing with radiation, viruses, chemicals other peoples' placentas....
and I had wondered why you have an extra ear growing out of your arm :rofl:

SHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!! nobody else has noticed....... :o ;)

also, sugar has this weird unnatural effect on me...

LOL :-)

Also be aware that unless you own your own clinic vets in WA get paid poorly and work crap hours. I wanted to be a vet but am so glad I didn't because I am paid a a huge amount more in my current job and have regular hours with good flexibility :-)

Although I do wish I had access to drugs as I would if I was a vet as half the time I get one out It is purely to get the appropriate drugs (for the animals not me :rofl: )

I wish I could get access to the medication I use for Ruby's infected/yeasty ears without having to have a consult frown.gif I asked the vet last time as this is something she gets frequently, and they agreed within 6 months of last consult or something, but she doesn't get them that often so that doesn't help me!!

ahh those were the days, playing with radiation, viruses, chemicals other peoples' placentas....
and I had wondered why you have an extra ear growing out of your arm :rofl:

SHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!! nobody else has noticed....... :o ;)

also, sugar has this weird unnatural effect on me...

LOL :-)

I think that is the radiation absorption, or it might be the effects of playing with placenta :D

RS, when Muddy was a pup (before his ears went up) he was getting ear infections (yeast) and the vet let us know that you can actually buy antibacterial/yeast ear drops online which are like the generic version of the vet stuff. I can't remember what they are called...maybe Illium?

ETA: http://www.vetproductsdirect.com.au/ItemDesc.asp?IC=604

Edited by Mim

In regards to the ears, Bear had to get antibiotic drops and now I clean them regularly with the Epi-Otic, the vet told me to spend a few minutes massaging the ear really well too. I've since switched back to all raw feeding and his ears have been good since but it could be a coincidence.

Millie has smaller ear canals and has never had a yeast infection. It's always Ruby! If I didn't keep forgetting to maintenance clean them she might not get them :o

And try get Malacetic ear cleaner, remind me to give you a sample when I see you next, I can always just keep putting some in a small container each time I see you, I buy it in bulk lol

Guest RosieFT

Hey RS for pads Deb said to try putting T tree oil on or peroxide... hmmm but now not sure if that is to keep them tough or after they have had a rub... Rosie's pad was a bit flattened and i showed it to deb incase that was a problem..

FINALLY got Rosie registration tag through the post.. i paid online in october for the first time this year and was getting a touch worried... had rung and spoken to city of canning but they said it was the first year htey were trying it and they were having trouble matching payments to dogs.. but to give it 2 weeks... i have given it almost 2 months!!

ahh well, it is here now.. but is yellow and i have bought her a red snake collar sheesh.. now she will clash!! LOL

Guest RosieFT

Hey RS for pads Deb said to try putting T tree oil on or peroxide... hmmm but now not sure if that is to keep them tough or after they have had a rub... Rosie's pad was a bit flattened and i showed it to deb incase that was a problem..

FINALLY got Rosie registration tag through the post.. i paid online in october for the first time this year and was getting a touch worried... had rung and spoken to city of canning but they said it was the first year htey were trying it and they were having trouble matching payments to dogs.. but to give it 2 weeks... i have given it almost 2 months!!

ahh well, it is here now.. but is yellow and i have bought her a red snake collar sheesh.. now she will clash!! LOL

ETA - RS i had an issue with one or Rosie's eyes as a pup/youngish dog.. she would get conjuctivitis in it.. a trip to vet, consult fee to buy the Ab got really $$$.. eventually vet said same thing.. if within 6months can just ring up to get Ab.. but also told me to try cold tea... that worked a treat if i used it as it was coming on... touch wood, she does not get it anymore..