Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Basically I said its not anything to do with Gibbs why I won't show it's all to do with me it's a tough crowd and I'm not thick skinned enough to do it

If you want him shown SG you could see if one of us would do it or get a junior handler they are normally more than willing and it gives them experience. or come to some open shows as they tend to be smaller (trainee judges) and you can often take a few shots if you feel it wasn't done properly. i used these to learn and build up confidence :D

Or there are enough of us on here who would take him in the ring for you the first time or two if you want to give it a go :) That is what we have done with Taavi - E has been told she is showing him at his last Baby show on NYE but we have got him to the stage that he isn't too naughty in the ring now :D

Hehehehe i love watching naughty puppies in the ring it makes my day. i can not wait to a friend's litter is old enough to show they are only 3 weeks but i will have another baby rotti to show man thats 7 dogs at one show :rofl: LOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may need help in the near future :rofl:

ok CCD. shows how much i know i thought CD was the first one :) ok so she knows sit on command, drop on command though can be lazy so i need to proof this, she walks nicely on lead so i need to proof that to heel hmmmmm could be fun :) her stay is terrible :p :lol: well its sometimes there. recalls most of the time :p

MG you are not short of people willing to help or handle for you if you want to see Gibbs from the outside of the ring first. Quite a few of us know how important it is to have new people in showing and want to make it as pleasant as possible. Anyway, I have seen that there are a big number of very supportive lab people helping out new showies.I think there are more pleasant experiences for new people than not... but it's always the nasty ones you hear about... :(

I don't mind naughty puppies either :rofl: But for a new handler a not so naughty puppy is slightly better so they don't they are a bit more likely to relax :) E was horrified by Taavi's behaviour at his first show until we reassured her that he is a baby and it really doesn't matter and we were just happy that he had fun :D

MG you are not short of people willing to help or handle for you if you want to see Gibbs from the outside of the ring first. Quite a few of us know how important it is to have new people in showing and want to make it as pleasant as possible. Anyway, I have seen that there are a big number of very supportive lab people helping out new showies.I think there are more pleasant experiences for new people than not... but it's always the nasty ones you hear about... :(

Not having shown before and being as scared as MG is about it all, I have still offered to take Gibbs in! I can get a taste of showing to see if my next dog should be a show one or not :)

Think about it MG, as I'd love to handle a Lab, being that if I do get a show dog it will more than likely be a Lab, too! (or an Aussie, but the grooming eek1.gif me!)

Edited by RubyStar

Basically I said its not anything to do with Gibbs why I won't show it's all to do with me it's a tough crowd and I'm not thick skinned enough to do it

If you want him shown SG you could see if one of us would do it or get a junior handler they are normally more than willing and it gives them experience. or come to some open shows as they tend to be smaller (trainee judges) and you can often take a few shots if you feel it wasn't done properly. i used these to learn and build up confidence :D

Or there are enough of us on here who would take him in the ring for you the first time or two if you want to give it a go :) That is what we have done with Taavi - E has been told she is showing him at his last Baby show on NYE but we have got him to the stage that he isn't too naughty in the ring now :D

Hehehehe i love watching naughty puppies in the ring it makes my day. i can not wait to a friend's litter is old enough to show they are only 3 weeks but i will have another baby rotti to show man thats 7 dogs at one show :rofl: LOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may need help in the near future :rofl:

ok CCD. shows how much i know i thought CD was the first one :) ok so she knows sit on command, drop on command though can be lazy so i need to proof this, she walks nicely on lead so i need to proof that to heel hmmmmm could be fun :) her stay is terrible :p :lol: well its sometimes there. recalls most of the time :p

Emery you are crazy. i showed 6 Weimaraners at one show once - I was a mess by the end of it...

Also with tracking Emery lauren does tracking I'm sure she'd help you out with what you need to know, but the tracking club do an open day/info day at the beginning of the season. In the meantime you can teach some tracking games just teach her to use her nose to find stuff. If there is a toy she loves use it only for tracking, hide it in the garden or house and tell her to find it. You can also get a sock or something with your scent on it, drag a path to a hiding place. encourage her to use her nose on the ground to find it.

I quite enjoyed this method for teaching good heel position... still working on mine though :laugh:

Its really more the judges i am a bit scared off i have no clue what im doing

Why don't you come down to a couple of shows with Gibbs in the new year, just to watch and learn. Gibbs will be around lots of dogs (always a good thing!) and you can watch what is going on. Judges aren't scary (ok, some are), and if you tell the steward it's your first time showing, they are really kind. I think that obedience judges look scarier so I know how you feel watching from the outside :)

Emery you are crazy. i showed 6 Weimaraners at one show once - I was a mess by the end of it...

Also with tracking Emery lauren does tracking I'm sure she'd help you out with what you need to know, but the tracking club do an open day/info day at the beginning of the season. In the meantime you can teach some tracking games just teach her to use her nose to find stuff. If there is a toy she loves use it only for tracking, hide it in the garden or house and tell her to find it. You can also get a sock or something with your scent on it, drag a path to a hiding place. encourage her to use her nose on the ground to find it.

I quite enjoyed this method for teaching good heel position... still working on mine though :laugh:

Hehehehe whilst pregnant i showed 5 man i thought the steward was gonna have a heart attack every time i said i had a handler change :rofl:

wait to our specialty (national) in June

i will have a junior dog, an inter dog

a minor bitch, a junior bitch, an inter bitch, an open bitch and am trying to get one of my breeders dogs :lol:

I may be slightly messed in the head

there is going to be a fair amount of running :S and then i also will have my two older girls in the breed survey and if i can both girls in the obedience portion :S

expensive exercise but should be fun :D

Why don't you come down to a couple of shows with Gibbs in the new year, just to watch and learn. Gibbs will be around lots of dogs (always a good thing!) and you can watch what is going on. Judges aren't scary (ok, some are), and if you tell the steward it's your first time showing, they are really kind. I think that obedience judges look scarier so I know how you feel watching from the outside :)

i forgot to writeunder my quote for MG my mate got in the ring for the first time with Chandra as she is completely trained, i told the steward who told the judge it was his first time. he also told the judge it was his first time and clarified everything. ie judge asked for a triangle so he goes to judge you want me to go to that corner then to that one then back to you is that right. they (most) don't bite and are more than willing to tell you what they want in detail he almost got cc that day :)

Not having shown before and being as scared as MG is about it all, I have still offered to take Gibbs in! I can get a taste of showing to see if my next dog should be a show one or not :)

Think about it MG, as I'd love to handle a Lab, being that if I do get a show dog it will more than likely be a Lab, too! (or an Aussie, but the grooming eek1.gif me!)

You are welcome to have a go showing a Lappy ;) We like getting them used to different handlers :) Banjo is a Mummy's boy so won't show for anyone else :o

Judges aren't too scary :) And particularly with young pups most of them have a conversation with the dog - they ignore the handler except for asking age usually and telling you want to do though :rofl:

I need to organise a session with E before NYE to run through how to show Taavi - you are welcome to bring Gibbs along too and I can give you a "how to show a dog" lesson and then you can make more of an informed decision :) I am sure Taavi would like to play with Gibbs again too.

Emery - at this stage I am still free Nationals weekend ;)

I also clarify with some judges what they have asked for as I don't always understand mumble too well :p If you aren't sure they are happy to resay what they want you to do :)

I also clarify with some judges what they have asked for as I don't always understand mumble too well :p If you aren't sure they are happy to resay what they want you to do :)

Excellent thanks Mirawee i will appreciate the help as the owner of three of the dogs i show's ankle is still pretty stuffed not sure she will be up to running depends how it heals etc :)

I will provide shelter, food and drink ;) anyone else is welcome to come along too even if just to watch

:)

I have clarified too i have had some judges point its liek sorry was that an out and back a circle a triangle???

Excellent thanks Mirawee i will appreciate the help as the owner of three of the dogs i show's ankle is still pretty stuffed not sure she will be up to running depends how it heals etc :)

I will provide shelter, food and drink ;) anyone else is welcome to come along too even if just to watch

:)

I have clarified too i have had some judges point its liek sorry was that an out and back a circle a triangle???

The worst is poor RallyVally she probably has to clarify everything since she can't even watch the ring beforehand cos she's first! :laugh:

You are welcome to have a go showing a Lappy ;) We like getting them used to different handlers :) Banjo is a Mummy's boy so won't show for anyone else :o

Judges aren't too scary :) And particularly with young pups most of them have a conversation with the dog - they ignore the handler except for asking age usually and telling you want to do though :rofl:

I need to organise a session with E before NYE to run through how to show Taavi - you are welcome to bring Gibbs along too and I can give you a "how to show a dog" lesson and then you can make more of an informed decision :) I am sure Taavi would like to play with Gibbs again too.

That would be good if I'm not working...

The worst is poor RallyVally she probably has to clarify everything since she can't even watch the ring beforehand cos she's first! :laugh:

Well she will keep getting dogs at the beginning of the alphabet!! laugh.gif

reminds self to stick with rottis they are never first even when two shows are running side by side lol

Hehehehe i love watching naughty puppies in the ring it makes my day. i can not wait to a friend's litter is old enough to show they are only 3 weeks but i will have another baby rotti to show man thats 7 dogs at one show LOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I may need help in the near future

:rofl: Happy to help whenever :)

Guest RosieFT

Yes a puppy fix is good, they are just so cute and fluffy too! Fingers crossed you get your Lappie girlie next year! (and maybe a Kelpie baby? :laugh: )

My update: At the trial on Saturday *shock horror* I did get one Q card but... it was with Kyzer :rofl: He got a quallie in ADX :) He went a bit wobbly/wide though and also seemed to take forever on the seesaw not moving forward enough to tip it, but still passed and even beat the other 300 dog much to my amusement :laugh: He wigged out and shut down in JDM - not sure what triggered it - the worst he has been in a very long time... :confused: he'll enjoy the break over Summer, will probably just play with him, minimal training if any.

Trixie was a good little bean and tried her heart out but alas it wasn't to be, completely demolished the spread jump in Agility :eek: (don't think she saw it when coming at top speed out of the tunnel :laugh: ) but everything else including the tricky weave entry (not long after the spread demolition) which I was happy with. In her Excellent jumping debut we were going great guns but she missed a jump (helps if the handler tells her to take it :laugh: ) but I thought I'd take the trainer wheels off and hang back and try and push her for some distance and was very pleased with how she went :thumbsup: Can't wait for next year, just so happy with how she's gone in her first four trials.

Being the Dobe club trial I did get quite a few of the Dobe people coming to meet Trixie, black & tan fans :laugh: and I could hear them talking at the stewarding table about the 'mini dobe' heheh!

Well done, sorry Master K is not happy :-( .

I think you are purposely making it too hard to get a Q with Trixie.. hmmmMMMMM.. don't want a masters dog too soon LOL

a couple of photos of Lulu at the beach :)

Lovely :D If you organise a beach meet I might bring my two. I don't take them at the moment due to Louis issues, but with people I know and can do the proper introductions with I think he would be ok :)

Home now!!!! Dogs (and I) were so excited to see each other. Zora grew while I was away :eek: I am not really sure if she got taller but she definitely is becoming more mature and less puppy like.

Welcome back RV :D When do we see all your photos?

Congratulations everyone on the past few days achievements :thumbsup: makes me feel very lazy with my two, but they did have a nice lake walk at the weekend and a swim at home :laugh:

Boxagirl - How is Bondi doing now ?