K9 Force Workshop In Adelaide

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need 20-30 people, i would suggest you aim to arrange 40 to take into account cancellations and no shows. When we came to Adelaide recently, half of the booked participants cancelled or didn't show.

Sorry to hear that :D - must have been frustrating!

Thanks for the advice :laugh:

We apparently need 20-30 people to make it happen, which seems very doable to me! :rofl: I have another two people who are very keen but not on the boards, so hopefully we can get some support together and get Steve down here to share his wisdom!

Well I can provide 2 for sure :D OH and me :laugh:

If you need 20-30 people, i would suggest you aim to arrange 40 to take into account cancellations and no shows. When we came to Adelaide recently, half of the booked participants cancelled or didn't show.

That sucks Cosmolo :rofl: Maybe a deposit would be in order next time..

Cosmolo has a point. From organising many horse riding clinics, I have found that you either have to get people to pay a deposit or get them to pay upfront. Money is not refundable unless they can find someone to take thier spot.

You will find that the geniune people will not have a problem with this.

I'd be interested and more than happy to pay a deposit beforehand.

Well those who didn't show missed out on an awesome weekend!! Thanks heaps for coming Cosmolo, my dogs, OH and I really benefited from it.

K9: Drop outs are something we combated with in the early days of running workshops, something thankfully we seem to have gotten past.

I guess the effect transfers to the people of that state sadly, as it means presenters just wont come any more.

I remember when "someone" from SA organised a seminar in Victoria, but they dropped out, so I offered my place.

O the memories.

For people asking about what it might cost the ball park figure to use as an estimate is somewhere around $120 per person based on getting the necessary numbers. The structure under consideration is possibly something similar to his recent Queensland seminar so a combination of behavior and training in drive. The content is however open to suggestions.

We need 16 people confirmed as definite at that price to proceed any further with arrangements. Back in your court so if you want to add your name to the list or PM me so I can add it to a list and we can work out if its viable. Thanks Ashley for posting this thread.

ETA. If people are concerned about travel the venue we have in mind is a fairly central location. Ooops and I think the aim is to have it around April sometime - but we need to get Steve booked up soon else it will be Christmas 2010 before we can secure his presence :laugh: .

Edited by ness

Definites:

1. Ness

2. Leema

3. Kynan

4. Melbomb

5. Norskgra

6. Norskgra's daughter

ETA. If people don't want to be listed here but still wish to attend send me a PM and I will add them to my list but not include names on the main list.

Edited by ness