Urgent Help Required For Puppy With Parvo

bella_bear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to see puppy tonight. She is looking soooo much better. It really is amazing how much she has improved. The vet and nurses are astounded.

She was jumping around in her cage and gave us lots and lots of licks when we held her.

Her white blood cell count is still low, so we have to wait until that goes back to normal until we can take her home. Hopefully not too much longer now :xmassantawave:

We got a late Christmas present this year - our puppy (Mollie) came home yesterday!

She still has a cough - it turns out she got pheumonia as well, hence the fluid on the lungs and low oxygen levels.

Her eating has returned to normal, I have to try not to over feed her now because she just won't stop. She has almost 2 weeks worth of food to catch up on!

She is still pretty quite and a bit unsteady on her feet, I guess it may take her a few weeks to fully recover and get back to the bouncing little puppy that we started off with? Hopefully lots of sleep and love will do the trick.

I hope that no one else ever has to go through what we have in the past 2 weeks. All I can say is don't give up on the little ones and don't take no for an answer!

Now the toilet training begins... After 2 weeks of been confined to a vets cage she thinks she can go anywhere she likes!

We got a late Christmas present this year - our puppy (Mollie) came home yesterday!

She still has a cough - it turns out she got pheumonia as well, hence the fluid on the lungs and low oxygen levels.

Her eating has returned to normal, I have to try not to over feed her now because she just won't stop. She has almost 2 weeks worth of food to catch up on!

She is still pretty quite and a bit unsteady on her feet, I guess it may take her a few weeks to fully recover and get back to the bouncing little puppy that we started off with? Hopefully lots of sleep and love will do the trick.

I hope that no one else ever has to go through what we have in the past 2 weeks. All I can say is don't give up on the little ones and don't take no for an answer!

Now the toilet training begins... After 2 weeks of been confined to a vets cage she thinks she can go anywhere she likes!

I am so happy for you!!!!!!! :laugh: It has bought me to tears.

We had to bring our Molly and Chuzzy home in a black bag. Its heart warming to hear that you have a happy result. :cheer:

Bellabear, what a roller coster ride you and Mollie have been through, :mad

So glad to hear that she is recovering now.

Are you keeping on with the Cellfood?

also Active Manuka Honey is good for fighting bacterial infection such as Kennel Cough and also should help support the body with the pneumonia. If you do try it, start with tiny amounts at first.

It can be bought for around $10 from the supermarket in the Honey section, otherwise you could go more upmarket, as long as it is high in Active properties as explained on this website.

http://www.unc.edu/~knobe/experiments.html

I am so happy for you!!!!!!! :love: It has bought me to tears.

We had to bring our Molly and Chuzzy home in a black bag. Its heart warming to hear that you have a happy result. :thumbsup:

Rexiam, I'm so sorry to hear about your babies ;)

Bellabear, what a roller coster ride you and Mollie have been through, :rofl:

So glad to hear that she is recovering now.

Are you keeping on with the Cellfood?

also Active Manuka Honey is good for fighting bacterial infection such as Kennel Cough and also should help support the body with the pneumonia. If you do try it, start with tiny amounts at first.

It can be bought for around $10 from the supermarket in the Honey section, otherwise you could go more upmarket, as long as it is high in Active properties as explained on this website.

http://www.unc.edu/~knobe/experiments.html

Yes I will definitely be keeping her on Cellfood.

I have started adding it to her regular drinking water. She doesn't even notice the difference anymore :thumbsup:

I will look into the Manuka honey too.

Thanks goodness your little one is ok ...... do you know how the others from the litter are doing?

I just found out today that Mollie is the only surviving puppy of the litter... She is a very very lucky (and stubborn) little girl!