2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will say for the first time in my life I contemplated not taking a dog into stays while I was a pass (and even on a placing). What I thought might happen did eventuate really wish they would adopt the two sets of stays suggestion that seems to occur in WA with having non-qualifying and qualifying stays. A dog who wasn't on a pass and who is known to be unreliable in stays broke and tried to leave the ring before we had even started. Then the handler retrieved it and it went after the BC next to it.

You half expect it in CCD and Novice but geez you wouldn't anticipate that sort of issue in Open.

Totally agree, cannot believe how many very unreliable dogs there are in Open stays. Same dogs who break (not drop - break!) trial after trial and especially those that stand over other dogs. ;)

I hate stays from a safety point of view, I especially hate out of sight stays because you place so much trust in a judge/steward to do the right thing. People should not have to worry about other dogs - but especially when you're not in a situation to be able to step in and assist your dog. :dancingelephant:

Sorry had to hijack there :wave: Resume normal brags transmission! ;) Big congrats to everyone who's done some good stuff recently :(

I have never really been nervous since Ness titled during a set of stays (other than when she was on a placing at the Royal) but I had serious reservations when I left her even with the dog out of the ring after the incident. She is pretty bomb proof but still it really unsettled all the dogs and you never know quite what is going to happen after something like that occurs. It just upsets the pattern and messes with both the dogs and the handlers. I even got caught out not telling her to "stay" but to drop when I went to leave her on the drop stay. Lucky for me it was ok but still I was more rattled then normal.

And ValleyCBR it is why Kenz won't ever see a CCD ring and I will be very careful with her in Novice and now Open and be more than prepared to scratch her from stays, quallie or not depending on who she is next to. One stay incident can upset a dog badly and totally ruin them. As I said I was very close to walking away from them today.

I think they should just abandon them totally and certainly not permit dogs who have not got through to potentially cause issue with those who are on a quallie. I know this won't get rid of all the problem dogs but it might get rid of a couple.

By all means run a set of non-qualifying stays for those who feel the need to do a set but just don't let non-qualifying dogs ruin it for those who are on a pass.

Edited by ness

I have never really been nervous since Ness titled during a set of stays (other than when she was on a placing at the Royal) but I had serious reservations when I left her even with the dog out of the ring after the incident. She is pretty bomb proof but still it really unsettled all the dogs and you never know quite what is going to happen after something like that occurs. It just upsets the pattern and messes with both the dogs and the handlers. I even got caught out not telling her to "stay" but to drop when I went to leave her on the drop stay. Lucky for me it was ok but still I was more rattled then normal.

Ness, just a quick question. It sounds like instead of telling your dog to 'stay' you repeat the position command when you leave your dog, this is what I do. Is there something wrong with that? It sounds like you got pulled up for it? If its ok to do that, and seriously our choice of commands shouldn't be an issue, why would a judge think it ok to mention it.

Just curious in case I need to change something I'm doing now.

Thanks

Nope nothing wrong its just not the way she was trained ;) . My youngster is trained with a position command only. But thats ok I take pity on my old girl who yesterday got told to DOWN on her DOR when her command is DROP. Just as well she knew what I wanted.

And sorry nah didn't get pulled up for it pulled myself up for it - the person next to me in the stay line up was using a position command.

Edited by ness

HUge congratulations to Seita on your UD title - Bedazzled I have to disagree with you I think the first pass is the hardest :cheer:

Ness on your open pass - I raised a glass for this one :laugh:

Rivsky - come out from whereever you are - Huge congrats from me - another red star in the making :confused:

and note to self - next time I decide to blow the dust off the kids and do some agility - make sure I do some training myself so I don't pull up so sore the next day - I think I am getting too old for this :laugh:

Seita................CONGRATULATIONS :coffee::rofl::o

Now on to your obedience championship :o

Thanks!

That's the plan but not sure I'll achieve it this year! I've got 6 trials left for the year.... I guess we'll see!

Seita................CONGRATULATIONS :laugh::rofl::rofl:

Now on to your obedience championship :laugh:

Thanks!

That's the plan but not sure I'll achieve it this year! I've got 6 trials left for the year.... I guess we'll see!

6 trials :laugh: ................I wish, we have only three left :laugh:

Seita....... do you know a Qld judge John Robken????

Seita................CONGRATULATIONS :laugh::rofl::rofl:

Now on to your obedience championship :laugh:

Thanks!

6 trials :laugh: ................I wish, we have only three left :laugh:

Seita....... do you know a Qld judge John Robken????

And that doesn't include the double trial I didn't enter this weekend or the trials that are further out of town (like 6 hours drive away).

I know the name but can't tell you anything about him sorry!

What else do you need for the OC Seita? How many more UD passes?

Congratulations on the Title :)

I believe after you get your UD title, you need to get a further 5 UD passes scoring 185 or better. I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

State Games Champs in Adelaide today - my two girls both did me very well. They each managed a quallie card.

Ness came out of semi-retirement to run Excellent Strategic pairs and after a tunnel collision with her partner in the morning managed a second place quallifcation in the PM trial.

Kenz had a few baby dog discussions about contacts but managed a very nice fourth place in Novice Snooker in the PM trial. Not helped by a mum who didn't direct her up the dogwalk smoothly enough :( .

Both girls did well though and pretty pleased with their performances.

Congratulations on both of your dogs but I also had to add a brag

Today we had our State Championship Games trial today and young Gabby is the 2010 State Novice Strategic Pairs (with brother Ash) and Master Gamblers and Inka got third in Master Gamblers. Passed quite a few things with both and Inka got her Snooker Master title finishing all of her games title YIPPEE !!! Not bad for a young girl who only has started trialing in June 2009. This year we have won 5 State Titles. Including our 2 from today we also are 2010 Master Jumping, Master Agility and Open Agility Champion. So proud of my baby

cheers

Congratulations on both of your dogs but I also had to add a brag

Today we had our State Championship Games trial today and young Gabby is the 2010 State Novice Strategic Pairs (with brother Ash) and Master Gamblers and Inka got third in Master Gamblers. Passed quite a few things with both and Inka got her Snooker Master title finishing all of her games title YIPPEE !!! Not bad for a young girl who only has started trialing in June 2009. This year we have won 5 State Titles. Including our 2 from today we also are 2010 Master Jumping, Master Agility and Open Agility Champion. So proud of my baby

cheers

:laugh: :D

very well done!