2010 Brags Thread

I finally have an obedience brag :(

Darcy and I finally hit the Novice ring today, about 2.5 years after she got her CCD title. I've had a bit of a battle with her motivation in the obedience ring as I did too much paddock bashing with her as a young dog (first dog) and the word "heel" was a cue for her to switch off totally. Agility was also a big reward for her and obedience paled in comparison so it's not been an easy run to get her to this stage.

She ended up being the only pass in the ring - tough ground (rabbit poo everywhere!) and tough judge (took ages on the SFE with a hat and coat on and we ended up doing what would be an open level heel pattern here in Vic!) but I was really happy with her work. She was motivated and happy and worked well. :(

Not only did she win the ring, she also got HIT and highest scoring member for our club. Despite the fact that I took 8 points off her recall score by standing her instead of letting her autosit - my nerves are so bad in obedience so who knows what was going through my head at the time :D :rofl: Lost 4 points in heeling, all my fault for looking at my dog while heeling and one RAT where I stuffed my footwork. :rofl: But we did it!! :D

Congratulations Jess and Darcy :o

Well done to Dova also ;) Good luck for the obedience tonight :crossfingers:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Jess & Darcy!! What a brag!! :crossfingers:

I have a brag!! :(

First trial of the year for me and Miss Jess, entered in novice. What a good girl (for most of it!) Heel Free- 30, SFE- 30, Recall- 35 and then someone decided that COP didn't matter so 0. But up until then I was very happy with her!! Not quite a pass but some really nice work! ~video coming soon ;)

Brag for me from tonight's obedience trial - nope it wasn't a UD pass but I am tickled pink with how Ness worked. Firstly she got through seekback and directed jumping and was still on a pass - wahoo. Her articles were better than they have been during the week but considering she is having serious confidence issues for her to have found three correct articles is a good thing :crossfingers: . I was able to get her doing tricks between to keep her attention rather than her going no mum I don't do that and switching off :( . And probably the biggest brag from tonight is she scored full marks for gloves!!!! Wahoo. She had glove 1 tonight. It wasn't the most picture perfect gloves exercise but she about turned and over turned and had clearly locked in on glove 2 but instead of me rushing her I waited until I had full committed focus onto glove 1 (and even though it seemed like an extraordinarily long time) she absolutely nailed it. Go Ness just goes to show the dog doesn't get the first glove it sees and can be taught to actually take direction ;) .

Ah well pleasing start to the year.

Well done Ness :crossfingers: What exercise did she NQ? Nice to finish on a good one!

Brag for me from tonight's obedience trial - nope it wasn't a UD pass but I am tickled pink with how Ness worked. Firstly she got through seekback and directed jumping and was still on a pass - wahoo. Her articles were better than they have been during the week but considering she is having serious confidence issues for her to have found three correct articles is a good thing :( . I was able to get her doing tricks between to keep her attention rather than her going no mum I don't do that and switching off ;) . And probably the biggest brag from tonight is she scored full marks for gloves!!!! Wahoo. She had glove 1 tonight. It wasn't the most picture perfect gloves exercise but she about turned and over turned and had clearly locked in on glove 2 but instead of me rushing her I waited until I had full committed focus onto glove 1 (and even though it seemed like an extraordinarily long time) she absolutely nailed it. Go Ness just goes to show the dog doesn't get the first glove it sees and can be taught to actually take direction :o .

Ah well pleasing start to the year.

Articles bedazzledx2 - 6, 13, 0 :( . First article she didn't sit on the about turn and then dropped it at my feet as I went to take it and needed a second command to pick it up again. And then on the third article she by-passed the sit and the send and just took herself to the pile :crossfingers: . Although as I said she has been having issues all week with it - standing over the articles/struggling to find the correct one etc.

Did get a few subs though - one in seekback for not sitting on the RAT and another for a missed sit during the signals. Still gloves have also been a serious problem at the moment and for her to actually take the direction properly was huge.

Wow lots of brags here tonight!!

Congrats Jess and Darcy, that is great stuff!!

DSO - shame about the COP but sounds like the rest went lovely!!

Way to go ness, wasn't a pass but sounds like you're getting close! :crossfingers:

Has anyone heard from Dova?

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

:thumbsup: Ptolomy 9.5 years ago when we first got Ness I don't think I was worrying about purchasing a sit pack. Just as well her little sister has a nice one :happydance2: . Along with the OMG I have perfect front pack :grimace: . Now if only I had remembered to purchase the stand for exam and figure 8 pack :heart: .

Soaks has a brag... She's now finally gotten over the problems she was having with her flyball runs (missing 1st jump back on return and dropping the ball at the 3rd jump). I'm so proud of her! She's come into season early (by a whole month!!!!!) so we have had to pull out of her two comps this month, but that might be a blessing in disguise! She'll be really solid after her month in quarantine!

This was her in the backyard this morning -

Has anyone heard from Dova?

I'm not talking to my dog at the moment :grimace:, might even give up :happydance2: OK not really, but don't think I'll go to those grounds again. Pebbles bombed big time last night, she stopped & sniffed & it was all over, did do a really nice SFE, recall & COP. Guess we'll see what happens next weekend, oops forgot I'm quitting aren't I :thumbsup:.

Congratulations on everyones brags but I have one of my own from last night. Am so proud of them. Young Gabby won her UD class with 196 that is her first leg towards her OC Inka managed to do her stays in open and won her class with 193. Was lucky to have her in the ring as we had a big hot spot that we have cleared up but we are very sensitive to the back error and was thinking that we would blow the SFE only lost 2 points though. Xena has a wow of time in open and got 197 but lost one point for her barking so went down to 196 with first place and won ud with 184 she was the only one to pass and so 4 out of 4 100% success rate and all with first places

Yes those love little possums they were running around the trees and the road pesky little things have to say they were very brave to show up in front of all those dogs :happydance2:

See what happens next weekend at least there wont be any possums there

Congratulations on everyones brags but I have one of my own from last night. Am so proud of them. Young Gabby won her UD class with 196 that is her first leg towards her OC Inka managed to do her stays in open and won her class with 193. Was lucky to have her in the ring as we had a big hot spot that we have cleared up but we are very sensitive to the back error and was thinking that we would blow the SFE only lost 2 points though. Xena has a wow of time in open and got 197 but lost one point for her barking so went down to 196 with first place and won ud with 184 she was the only one to pass and so 4 out of 4 100% success rate and all with first places

Well done, that was a fantastic effort :happydance2:

No brags from me in our first Open trial. Pele totally switched off at the start peg and was so woeful and just didn't want to be there :thumbsup: We only passed SFE and DOR. I was pleased with DOR as she's been anticipating the drop and coming in slowly, but she rocketed in on both sections. I still love her anyway :grimace:

Wow! What a great night you had :laugh: Congratulations!!!!

Yes those love little possums they were running around the trees and the road pesky little things have to say they were very brave to show up in front of all those dogs :)

See what happens next weekend at least there wont be any possums there

And one from me - we passed with 188 out of 200 last night in our last Novice trial. Now training in earnest for Open, hoping to get into the ring sometime mid this year.

One of the advantages of having an older dog - she couldn't see the possums!