2010 Brags Thread

I got a nervous panic come over me when I saw the guy in the ring before me just about finish, but by the time I got to the start post it had gone again :thumbsup: I was more excited than nervous to get in the ring with Millie :laugh: Probably because I have never expected as much from her as I do from Ruby, so I guess it goes to show what happens when you have low expectations and no nerves! :laugh:

Now you have no excuse, she's proven how brilliant she is, you have to raise your expectations :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a nervous panic come over me when I saw the guy in the ring before me just about finish, but by the time I got to the start post it had gone again :laugh: I was more excited than nervous to get in the ring with Millie :thumbsup: Probably because I have never expected as much from her as I do from Ruby, so I guess it goes to show what happens when you have low expectations and no nerves! :laugh:

Now you have no excuse, she's proven how brilliant she is, you have to raise your expectations :thumbsup:

Yeah but experience with Ruby shows me they can be bloody brilliant one day, and literally the next, bloody awful!!!! :thumbsup:

Millie says "move over Ruby, it's time for ME to have a brag!!!"

I kept it a bit :thumbsup: because I didn't want to feel the DOL pressure :thumbsup: but today was my Milliemoo's first CCD trial :thumbsup:

I am pleased to report that she passed AND placed 1st in the ring!! :laugh::thumbsup::cheer:

Beautiful work RS and Millie :laugh:

Fantastic work from Millie and RubyStar!!! Huge congratulations! :mad :p :)

Millie says "move over Ruby, it's time for ME to have a brag!!!"

I kept it a bit :rofl: because I didn't want to feel the DOL pressure :o but today was my Milliemoo's first CCD trial :o

I am pleased to report that she passed AND placed 1st in the ring!! :o :p :laugh:

Beautiful work RS and Millie :cheer:

Not sure if this is a brag or not but had to tell someone as am feeling pretty happy right now.

First trial today Only a sweepstakes so no qualies up for grabs - handler is a basket case with nerves so Coco has to do it for both of us. We blew the seek back ( training issue havent been making them long enough I think) and the gloves (nobody got them) but she did everything else pretty well. Ended up winning the ring as we had the least number of zeroes but still it was a great first trial. High point perfect scores in the DJ and in two of the articles and nearly perfect in the signals. Low point - none really we survived and I am sure it will get better from here

We had an awesome ADAC trial today!

First run of the morning - fast and focused (and a bit feral :love: ) - quallie, 1st place and TITLE in Novice Agility :rolleyes: Open Jumping was a bit of a mess though - tricky course, I lost him to off course tunnels and jumps (thinking about the course too much, not looking at the dog enough!).

I think that definitely counts as a brag Kathq well done :rolleyes: And best of luck for next week too.

Congratulations on the AD title Kavik :love:

Not quite an AD title :eek: (It is a NAC - Novice Agility Certificate - through ADAC. I don't yet have any ANKC agility quallies, only jumping so far! Hope to change that next month though ;) )

Not sure if this is a brag or not but had to tell someone as am feeling pretty happy right now.

First trial today Only a sweepstakes so no qualies up for grabs - handler is a basket case with nerves so Coco has to do it for both of us. We blew the seek back ( training issue havent been making them long enough I think) and the gloves (nobody got them) but she did everything else pretty well. Ended up winning the ring as we had the least number of zeroes but still it was a great first trial. High point perfect scores in the DJ and in two of the articles and nearly perfect in the signals. Low point - none really we survived and I am sure it will get better from here

Great work Kathq - and the best bit you survived and got to take the best dog home - well done :)

So the plan this week for training is......

We had a pretty decent day today at the ACWA trial, In the morning we got Kyzer's first JDX Qually :) with an okay run, thought I'd lost him for a moment but he came back.

Morning Agility was not good at all :cheer: More things to work on at training.

Afternoon agility was a great run and he got the A frame call off I wanted, but just as he was running out to a jump someone directly in front of him outside the ring stood up and shook a picnic blanket and it spooked him and he ran around a jump. Still pretty happy, the rest was great.

Then he got his second JDX pass :) no thanks to me, I got confused and forgot where I was meant to be and it got pretty messy with a few dodgy rear crosses complete with spinning, but we hung on (just) :cheer: Really happy with it because usually he's tired and over it by the afternoon.

All in all a pretty good trial and he loves his little stuffed hedgehog that he won :D :cheer:

We had a pretty decent day today at the ACWA trial, In the morning we got Kyzer's first JDX Qually :) with an okay run, thought I'd lost him for a moment but he came back.

Morning Agility was not good at all :cheer: More things to work on at training.

Afternoon agility was a great run and he got the A frame call off I wanted, but just as he was running out to a jump someone directly in front of him outside the ring stood up and shook a picnic blanket and it spooked him and he ran around a jump. Still pretty happy, the rest was great.

Then he got his second JDX pass :) no thanks to me, I got confused and forgot where I was meant to be and it got pretty messy with a few dodgy rear crosses complete with spinning, but we hung on (just) :cheer: Really happy with it because usually he's tired and over it by the afternoon.

All in all a pretty good trial and he loves his little stuffed hedgehog that he won :rofl: :D

Go Kyzer! :cheer:

His first run JDX was great. I didn't notice any stuff ups and he was going nice and fast. I only got to watch the one run but... :( The person I was waiting for never did show up.

:) go Kyzer and amypie. Never mind forgetting the treats hey :D .

I'm eating my lollies now, they were all I could think about all day :cheer: :cheer: I was so annoyed that I forgot them :)

His first run JDX was great. I didn't notice any stuff ups and he was going nice and fast.

I'm sure he got distracted at some point but can't remember when :cheer:

Surprised you could remember your way around a course without a sugar fix :):cheer::cheer::cheer: :D .

Any videos amypie??

I think that's why I got lost :)

No videos unfortunately!

ETA: Thanks Kavik, and well done on your passes too :rofl:

Edited by amypie

Great work Kathq - and the best bit you survived and got to take the best dog home - well done :)

So the plan this week for training is......

Take tomorrow off and then start increasing distance in the seek back - a little further each day. I know this will sound silly but I didnt realize how BIG a ring was until I was standing there with my dog searching the ring from the jumps to me only and not finding the article. It was then that I realized that that was how big an area I had been training in. Dumb I know but at least it didnt take a big sledge hammer to get me to realize it just a small one :) It shouldnt take too much to fix I dont think.

As for the gloves they are still a work in progress about 90% right so continue with what we are doing there.