2010 Brags Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you who know something about Retrieving Trials for Gundogs, I proudly gained my QND (Qualifying Novice Dog) Title on the Long Weekend in June at the Lab Club/Gsp Trials held at Waikerie, SA.

Bailey works hard each season and I have a completion rate of about 90%......but never in the placings.

At least now this new Title recognizes the effort put in to finish a Trial.

I am still aiming for the elusive NRD (Novice Retrieving Dog) Title.............You need 3 wins to get this and I only have to get 2 more with only 7 trials for the year left in SA.

I might have to do some road trips to Vic if I haven't achieved my goal by the end of our Season.

For those of you who know something about Retrieving Trials for Gundogs, I proudly gained my QND (Qualifying Novice Dog) Title on the Long Weekend in June at the Lab Club/Gsp Trials held at Waikerie, SA.

Bailey works hard each season and I have a completion rate of about 90%......but never in the placings.

I am still aiming for the elusive NRD (Novice Retrieving Dog) Title.............You need 3 wins to get this and I only have to get 2 more with only 7 trials for the year left in SA.

I might have to do some road trips to Vic if I haven't achieved my goal by the end of our Season.

Woo Hoo well done - this is a new title isn't it and means that you got 3 birdies back in the bucket. I take my hat off to you :)

Well done! Everything I hear about retrieving gives me the impression that it is a real challenge to train, so congrats on the title :) Best of luck with the NRD title too :rofl:

Oh well done :) I have been fortunate enough to handle someone else's Lab in Novice and Restricted (3 runs in each over 3 days of last year's Easter Trial nearly killed me :rofl: ) so understand just how difficult it is to title a dog. Whoo hoo! Well done on the new title!

Congrats and well done to you and Bailey on gaining this new title. My breeder also recently gained her QND Title with her Wei Longhair.

:laugh: Congrats, great to see another Retrieving brag!! Good luck in getting the NRD!

Yes I agree with FHRP, great to see a retrieving brag!!

Well done on your QND, and best of luck chasing that NRD! :laugh: I've started retrieving with my yellow Lab, and very glad of the introduction of the QND title. Even though it is still a big challenge to achieve, it helps for those who never think they could ever get an NRD! (like me :D) Well done ;)

Well done on your QND, and best of luck chasing that NRD! :laugh: I've started retrieving with my yellow Lab, and very glad of the introduction of the QND title. Even though it is still a big challenge to achieve, it helps for those who never think they could ever get an NRD! (like me :D ) Well done ;)

Look forward to your retrieving brags too RubyStar! And don't dismiss getting that NRD, I thought the same when I started in the sport with my Vizsla and although it took a couple of seasons (try convincing a lean Vizlsa that it's a good idea to go into water during a Canberra Winter!) we got there and further! ;)

Edited by FHRP

Well done on your QND, and best of luck chasing that NRD! :laugh: I've started retrieving with my yellow Lab, and very glad of the introduction of the QND title. Even though it is still a big challenge to achieve, it helps for those who never think they could ever get an NRD! (like me :) ) Well done :)

Look forward to your retrieving brags too RubyStar! And don't dismiss getting that NRD, I thought the same when I started in the sport with my Vizsla and although it took a couple of seasons (try convincing a lean Vizlsa that it's a good idea to go into water during a Canberra Winter!) we got there and further! :)

I hope in a year or two I can start competing and hopefully be able to brag that she was able to finish one run :) Looking forward to getting out there and training :laugh:

I was having a play at throwing the bumper for my friend last night....I did warn her about my throwing ability (totally lacking!!!) and yes there were a few that went over my head in the opposite direction! :laugh: Really interesting watching the training and the lovely straight runs of her young lab for the blind retrieve. Awesome to watch!

Well done on your QND, and best of luck chasing that NRD! :laugh: I've started retrieving with my yellow Lab, and very glad of the introduction of the QND title. Even though it is still a big challenge to achieve, it helps for those who never think they could ever get an NRD! (like me :cheer: ) Well done :D

Look forward to your retrieving brags too RubyStar! And don't dismiss getting that NRD, I thought the same when I started in the sport with my Vizsla and although it took a couple of seasons (try convincing a lean Vizlsa that it's a good idea to go into water during a Canberra Winter!) we got there and further! :(

I hope in a year or two I can start competing and hopefully be able to brag that she was able to finish one run :laugh: Looking forward to getting out there and training :laugh:

I was having a play at throwing the bumper for my friend last night....I did warn her about my throwing ability (totally lacking!!!) and yes there were a few that went over my head in the opposite direction! :cry: Really interesting watching the training and the lovely straight runs of her young lab for the blind retrieve. Awesome to watch!

You'd fit right in here at Retriever training :rofl: I've had them land behind me when throwing and that's after years of practice :( Thank goodness for remote mechanical throwers :eek:

:happydance: We have 12 pole weaving happening :thumbsup: Still a lot of proofing to do, and speed and footwork to work on - and not 100% yet - but it's happening. It's so funny to watch, as Rory goes fairly slowly and thoughtfully at first, and then speeds up as he gets to the last 6 or 4 - his head gets really low and he works so hard to make sure he gets through them to get his reward. It's little red engine stuff - I think I can, I think I can - I know I can. :)

This 2x2 is a truly amazing method. Just amazing to see the dog learning what his job is, and that he can do it by himself. :rofl:

I haven't really showed my face in here for a while since Zero has been retired from obedience (arthritus and HD confirmed a couple of months ago) but I have to brag that Z was assessed for delta today and passed. He's now a qualified therapy dog! He may never get an obedience title but I'm so proud of him. I decided to get him involved to keep his mind active since it'll be a whole new skill set for him and I was more stressed about him passing than I realised. I'm a lot more relaxed tonight. He just thinks it's great that I've been running up to give him cuddles while he's been snoozing. :happydance:

Oh and I'm yet to throw a dumbbell behind me for a retrieve, but I've nearly knocked a few people out with one! Noone believes me when I tell them I used to play softball. I'm really uncoordinated with something that isn't a ball! :thumbsup: