Happy Birthday Sexy Rexy!

MonElite

The bestest of the best dogs ever, my sexy Rexy, officially known as Gr Ch Alldobe Strike It Lucky ET is 10 years old today.

Rex has been a very sucessfull show dog winning BIS at Dobe Nationals in 2003, he is a multi BIS all breeds winner and has countless number of show ribbons and rozettes. Father, grand father and great grandfather to countless number of dogs, many of them being champions etc.

He is my best friend, a dog that started it all for me, a dog that I waited nearly 30 years for. He understands full sentences, and as Ripley once said to me has wisdom in his eyes. I have a super bond with him and I understand his body lanugage and expressions in his eyes fully.

I always said that I hope he lives to 10, and any day after will be a bonus, so from tomorrow onwards we start bonus days :( and I hope that I get many. He is not well and I wish he would last another 10 years but that will not happen, however he still rules the girls with one look they bow dont to him and dont question him.

I served him prawns for breakfast, he will get chicken for dinner and liver as dessert.

Attached is a show stacked photo of him that I took this morning.

post-3337-1262817500_thumb.jpg

The bestest of the best dogs ever, my sexy Rexy, officially known as Gr Ch Alldobe Strike It Lucky ET is 10 years old today.

Rex has been a very sucessfull show dog winning BIS at Dobe Nationals in 2003, he is a multi BIS all breeds winner and has countless number of show ribbons and rozettes. Father, grand father and great grandfather to countless number of dogs, many of them being champions etc.

He is my best friend, a dog that started it all for me, a dog that I waited nearly 30 years for. He understands full sentences, and as Ripley once said to me has wisdom in his eyes. I have a super bond with him and I understand his body lanugage and expressions in his eyes fully.

I always said that I hope he lives to 10, and any day after will be a bonus, so from tomorrow onwards we start bonus days :( and I hope that I get many. He is not well and I wish he would last another 10 years but that will not happen, however he still rules the girls with one look they bow dont to him and dont question him.

I served him prawns for breakfast, he will get chicken for dinner and liver as dessert.

Attached is a show stacked photo of him that I took this morning.

post-3337-1262817500_thumb.jpg

Wow he looks great for 10!! Happy birthday Rex.

Congratatulations Sexy Rexy!

He IS a beautiful boy even at 10.

So lucky that you found each other too,that terrific bond is beyond life and one of the best experiences you can ask for in your own isn't it?

Hes gorgeous.

He has a good life with me. When he was younger and my only dog I took him EVERYWHERE with me.

Some of the places/events he attended were:

protest against the war in Iraq

Australia Day fireworks at Darling harbour

Carols at Domain

he has been on the boat countless nubmer of times, in a kayak, on the tyre being dragged behind a boat, on a plane, done thousands of km travelling in the car.

I took him to work in the city once in a high rise building where I dare say no dog has ever been before.

He has been to countless parks and forests, beaches, bush tracks, cafes, festivals and fairs.

He ripped countless number of toys and beds, dug holes, and behaved like a naughty dog at times but all in all he has been pure pleasure to own and live with. He sneaks onto my bed now and then and these days I just pretend I dont see it :(

And few people told me that after they die they would want to come back as my dog, but no dog will ever repace him, he is in a class of his own.

Edited by MonElite

Rex is the reason I now like Dobes. If my OH would allow, I'd mind him anytime but he doesn't like dobes. :( He'd be fine with my parrots too.

Here is the birthday boy, taken about 18 months ago now.

3490860411_be39a21b8c.jpg

3049842344_4c30c759de.jpg

where is that photo of rex with the bunny, Mon?

post-485-1262842429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ripley

Happy Birthday Rex

I also have seen him in the ring, when he won The Nationals. He was as impressive then as he is now.

Have a great day Rex and from the sounds of it your mum is looking after you as she should be!

Love the bunny photo :)

Got me thinking about my Dobe girl now :(

Happy Birthday Sexy Rexy !!!

I have always had a soft spot for Rex and feel very fortunate to own one of his sons. :champagne:

Congrats on making a decade which must be about 100 in Dobermann years ?

where is that photo of rex with the bunny, Mon?

These ones?

Them be the ones! Gorgeous, gentle boy. He sure was a handsome boy and still is.

PRS, he does love the girlies. Especially little fluffy females. He's met Millie.