Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I'm sure it was a really hard decision to make, Didles.. The right dog is definitely out there for you.. I truly believe that! Please don't give up..

littlehoot... NO MORE SLEEPS!! :laugh::mad Please drop us a post as soon as you can (pics would be good too.. ) to let us know how things are going.

Niques.. How was your first night?

Jakeyjangels, Red Ruby.. Aren't you both also getting your pups this weekend? I'm getting so confused as to when everyone's 'due'.. :)

Yes Jax we got him yesterday. He is perfect and we are in love again. Nearly 16 hours of driving over 2 days so we are still recovering. Jangels is settling in really well. Will post pics soon.

Ruby definitely has some good sleeping positions.

How did all the babies go overnight? Lola did well and slept until 7am again which is great as thats time for getting up for school. She is still zooming around the house and throwing here mouse toy.

FD26 today is the day for you YAY :laugh::thumbsup:

Redruby - what a charachter! lol I bet you had to check on her in the one near the door lol.

Glad Lola's going well, littlehoot - sorry about your car. Can't be avoided sometimes I suppose! :thumbsup:

Glad you got your pup home jakeyjangles!!! :laugh:

Our little guy is on the plane right now - how exciting!! Pick him up in 4 hours. I'll have to get off my bum soon because the house is a mess from our 9 year old's party yesterday lol. I still haven't figured out the crate..but OH and I were arguing about it last night as he thinks it doesn't need to be seperated. So tomorrow, after the puppy has done his business in there I bet he'll fix it :laugh:

OMG how cute is that!! She is beautiful oakeydoak1.

Thats great Lola slept through the night, how is toilet training going? We are having a few little issues but most of the time Ruby is pretty good.

Can't wait to see pics of the two new pups today!!

Love the pic OakeyDoak.

FD26, yep let me clean the cage tomorrow for not listening.

Red Ruby: Lola is going well with the toilet training. We go straight outside after a sleep and 5 mins after food and she hasnt had an accident yet. First thing this morning she ran to the door to get out so I think she is getting there. The other training on the other hand isnt going so well. She is still very jumpy and excited so shes not focusing so to speak.

Niques, obviously James might be different from Badger but he also wasn't really interested in food for the first day or in treats for the first few days.. Was probably only on day 3 that he started getting interested.. so maybe those Labrador food genes will kick in yet... :laugh:

Yeah, I'm starting to reconsider that idea. He ate quite well the first day and a half, but has been getting worse. Obviously not starving himself, but only eating about half of what his breeder has recommended for breakfast and dinner. Hopefully he'll settle into it.

Oakeydoak, that's a great photo!

Red Ruby, those pictures crack me up! Especially the screen door one. That looks incredibly uncomfortable. She looks so little in the first one! Absolutely adorable.

James slept through to 4:30 this morning. With only one toilet break at 9:30 when I moved him downstairs to his playpen (he'd been asleep since about 7:30). So sleeping through the night is going well. Now to adjust his bedtime! We've had a couple more accidents due to my slowness (and thinking he could hold it until I finished my last Weetbix :thumbsup: ). He also did his first poo indoors this morning which was a bit strange as I'd just taken him out. I think he was antsy about being put back to bed.

And I think we're finally getting through to him about biting us. I can see him thinking after I've yelped and walked away - he now quiets down and stops biting/jumping :laugh: Anyone else got a toothy fiend?

Littlehoot - we need some photos of your Lola. She has such a cute name, though I'm a little biased.

FD26 - photos pretty please.

We pick up our little guy on Friday afternoon. Can't wait to see how our BB Lola plays with him. Though I'm sure that she will be perfect and they will get on like a house on fire.

Ahh, an hour and a half to go, so excited!! I just went around the house popping balloons, I swear I popped 100 lol. My ears hurt now, but I was worried they would scare him when they popped at random lol. I have all his toys and bowls ready for when he gets here, and I have my small crate that I use for my cats and his car harness in the car lol, not sure which one he'll need! Now I just have to wait...*twidles thumbs* I'm full of nerves though lol, guess just because we've been waiting for so long now...wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Not long to go now.

I have to head out to an appointment soon so I will need to give Lola her lunch and then toilet. She hasnt had a sleep yet so I am crossing my fingers she will just sleep when I am not home. Should be 2 hours as long as the Dr is on time. Can I ask how everyone else is going about leaving them while out?

FD26.. You must be so excited! Hope the pick up goes well.. Can't wait to see the pics!

Red Ruby... absolutely priceless pics! Hilarious... She looks like a really chilled out doggie!

Niques.. Great news with James's sleeping.. Our toilet training is definitely up and down.. Just when I think he's getting the idea, he 'sneaks one past me' and then this morning I left him alone in the laundry for 2 and a half hours while I went out and there were NO accidents when I got back.. So I'm just hanging in there and really getting to know my garden well. :thumbsup:

Littlehoot - you're lucky Lola is so 'regular'.. Hopefully it'll always stay that way..

Jakeyjangels.. We're still waiting for news.. :thumbsup:

oakeydoak1.. Such a cute pic! Hard to say who is cuter.. Your daughter or Lucy? :thumbsup:

KritalJay - Last 4 sleeps for you!

Not long to go now.

I have to head out to an appointment soon so I will need to give Lola her lunch and then toilet. She hasnt had a sleep yet so I am crossing my fingers she will just sleep when I am not home. Should be 2 hours as long as the Dr is on time. Can I ask how everyone else is going about leaving them while out?

I haven't left Badger too often.. So far only for about half an hour or so while I dashed to the shops and he just slept. Today was his first longer stint on his own. I was gone for about 2 and a half hours but left him with a stuffed puppy kong. I assume he also slept a lot but there were no accidents, the kong was mostly empty and his teddy was in his crate. I'm sure Lola will be fine.. Let us know how it goes..