Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Nic ~ :eek: she has good eyesight (I checked that too), its only when she runs fast (doing the zoomies) she forgets to watch where she is going, plus I don't think she has mastered the brakes yet, and on lino she just slides if she tries anyway. Pugs are either running fast or asleep....not much happens in between :rofl:

Emery ~ How exciting, lots of photo's please.

Another dry night :hug: :hug: :laugh: How exciting....Zoe is almost TT, now we just have issues with the cat, as she is peeing everywhere.....its a dominance thing going on between them, and its driving me insane. The cat works the dog up, she chases the cat and stands over her, the cat will go pee somewhere..... :hug: I have been trying to stop Zoe from jumping up and chasing her, and Zoe ignores her now sometimes, but the cat just gets in her face until she she can't ignore it and chases her again..... :rofl: :rofl: :):laugh: I am nearly ready to give up....I can't separate them, as there is nowhere for the cat to go other than the laundry but the dog needs to go through there to get outside.

Any ideas?

BF

emery - what breed is it?

BF - Oreo also doesn't have brake also. He just slides away. I have been leaving Oreo out to sleep as well and no accident so far. He hold from 12am till i bring him out in the morning at abou 7.15am. Well at least the cat and Zoe is having a good time playing chase. HAHA.

I was teaching Oreo to place his paw on our legs and we add a cue "friend". I think this will be a crowd pleaser.

Nic

I so love reading this thread and hearing all the stories, and especially seeing the photos! Everyone's puppies are so gorgeous :eek:

Nic, Oreo is such a cutie, and what a little smarty pants, learning all his tricks so quickly.

I can't wait to see pics of the new arrivals in the next week or two :o

BF - so sorry to hear about little Sasha :banghead: I hope your daughter (and her family?) and little Miley are coping ok. I hope Zoe is continuing to heal up too.

About Zoe and the cat - in another thread I started about clicker training, I mentioned I wasn't sure how I could teach Saxon to leave my cat alone and Aidan (he's a trainer) commented that you can apparently train them to be friends. We didn't go into detail about it but he said it can be done! Maybe start a thread in Training asking about it. Or maybe I will...

ETA - here's the post I was talking about above: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&a...t&p=4507985

Edited by Saxonpup

Another dry night :p :D :) How exciting....Zoe is almost TT, now we just have issues with the cat, as she is peeing everywhere.....its a dominance thing going on between them, and its driving me insane. The cat works the dog up, she chases the cat and stands over her, the cat will go pee somewhere..... ;) I have been trying to stop Zoe from jumping up and chasing her, and Zoe ignores her now sometimes, but the cat just gets in her face until she she can't ignore it and chases her again..... ;) :love::) :) I am nearly ready to give up....I can't separate them, as there is nowhere for the cat to go other than the laundry but the dog needs to go through there to get outside.

Any ideas?

BF

BF, first things first make sure there is no health issues, like urine infections. One of my cats who is a major stress-head has ended up at the vet this week because he had blood in his urine and was weeing everywhere as well. The vet said it was bought on by stress, the last 6 weeks has seen a lot of changes in his world which he doesn't cope with. So first of all make sure kitty isn't unwell, secondly you need to clean the pee up really well. You need to use an enzyme based cleaner because that removes the urine smell. If the cat can still smell the pee she will be attracted to the area again, I use biozet washing powder, but you can also get specific pet cleaners from vets and pet stores. I've had cats for years, so plenty of experience there. Good luck, I know how much fun it is, NOT!

Emery - Rottweiler is big and black right?(sorry if I am wrong) I used to be afraid of big, black dogs when I was young. Until i come into contact with friendly dogs. Since then, I have always wanted a dog.

BF - does Zoe play with the cat? My gf's auntie's cat is afraid of verything including Oreo. So I just keep them apart. She freaks out when Oreo approach her.

Michelle ~ Thanks, I'll buy some Biozet today and start cleaning the kitchen and laundry floors. I agree great fun...NOT!

Nic ~ Yes Zoe and Shadow play chasing games a lot, plus they are sleeping closer together now....Zoe will be asleep one side of one of my girls and Shadow will come and sleep the other side, while either Kim or Nic are laying on the lounge. Its great to see, I'll have to get my camera ready so I can get a picture. But will Shadow being a tease, and Zoe being hyper they both have a tough time being calm and staying that way :clap:

Another dry night....this is getting good :clap:

Emery ~ I have owned 3 Rotties, 2 males and a female. The female 'Faith' was my favourite. She was beaten as a pup before I bought her, and it took me 18 months to get her used to noises and to stop cowering when you wanted to pat her. She was an amazing dog. When she had puppies, and we had them outside in the sun, I used to put my nephew (about 10mths old) on the floor with them and Faith would go nuts if Sean had crawled away from the other pups, she'd cry until you picked him up and brought him back to the pack. Then she'd carry on happy just nudging the pups back into a small group....including Sean of course :clap: Faith lived to a ripe old age of a week shy of her 13th Birthday.

BF

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a French Bulldog after admiring them and researching on them for years! :clap: I was eyeing British Bulldogs for a very long time originally but decided a Frenchie would suit my lifestyle more right now (although I do hope on getting a British Bully within the next few years hopefully!)

I'm quite excited as I haven't had a puppy in years, now the waiting begins as I'm only going to be getting him around end of June/July. I've been doing research and so on, but does anyone have any advice on Frenchies?

Edited by Hello Gorgeous

Hellogorgeous - great to hear that you are getting a pup. More pics please!

BF - how great when you can have children playing happily with your dogs. I am trying to expose Oreo to more children but no luck yet. All my friends are young (~21-24) so none of us have children yet! When children approach Oreo, parents pull them away =(

Hellogorgeous - That's great that you will be getting a pup soon! Frenchies are so cute.

nic - I don't really know any children either, so I am going to have trouble exposing our puppy to kids. At least our breeder has kids, so they would have had some contact.

Emery - Rottweiler is big and black right?(sorry if I am wrong) I used to be afraid of big, black dogs when I was young. Until i come into contact with friendly dogs. Since then, I have always wanted a dog.

yeh nicolatu a rottweiler is a big black and tan dog and most are teddy bears :clap: i was afraid of them to i met an absolute teddy bear.

Emery ~ I have owned 3 Rotties, 2 males and a female. The female 'Faith' was my favourite. She was beaten as a pup before I bought her, and it took me 18 months to get her used to noises and to stop cowering when you wanted to pat her. She was an amazing dog. When she had puppies, and we had them outside in the sun, I used to put my nephew (about 10mths old) on the floor with them and Faith would go nuts if Sean had crawled away from the other pups, she'd cry until you picked him up and brought him back to the pack. Then she'd carry on happy just nudging the pups back into a small group....including Sean of course :clap: Faith lived to a ripe old age of a week shy of her 13th Birthday.

BF

aww your rotti sounds devine that is so sweet how she was with your nephew :clap: she arrives tomorrow night i am excited :clap:

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a French Bulldog after admiring them and researching on them for years! :clap: I was eyeing British Bulldogs for a very long time originally but decided a Frenchie would suit my lifestyle more right now (although I do hope on getting a British Bully within the next few years hopefully!)

I'm quite excited as I haven't had a puppy in years, now the waiting begins as I'm only going to be getting him around end of June/July. I've been doing research and so on, but does anyone have any advice on Frenchies?

congrat's on your new puppy ...frenchies are just gorgeous.....

pop over to the frenchie thread and we are all happy to answer any questions and there are lots of photo's :clap:

Jolie 14 weeks

jolie12.jpg

yeh nicolatu a rottweiler is a big black and tan dog and most are teddy bears :thumbsup: i was afraid of them to i met an absolute teddy bear.

I'll 2nd that! My Mum had a rotti and he was the biggest sook. He'd bound over to you for hugs every chance he got and sit right at your legs/feet just to be sure he'd get a pat, I absolutely adored him. Loyal to the family and friendly to anyone that was introduced to him.

Poppyx - how big is ur girl? I just weigh my boy and he is 8.5kg. He is 14 weeks and 2 days old. Did you teach your girl a lot tricks to occupy her?

i'm not sure on weight, hasnt been done in a while. as for tricks she knows sit, paw, roll over...she can pull the plug out of the bath and retrived the soccer ball for us and waits for us to kick it again :shrug: but she figured out most of them herself and i just associated words with them so she would learn.

I really wish we had some sort of agility set up here for her.......

she hasnt learnt 'stay' or wait yet though....... she doesnt like leads and she play bites when i try to change her collar :thumbsup:

she eats EVERYTHING! :laugh:

post-33500-1273669525_thumb.jpg

Poppyx - how big is ur girl? I just weigh my boy and he is 8.5kg. He is 14 weeks and 2 days old. Did you teach your girl a lot tricks to occupy her?

i'm not sure on weight, hasnt been done in a while. as for tricks she knows sit, paw, roll over...she can pull the plug out of the bath and retrived the soccer ball for us and waits for us to kick it again :) but she figured out most of them herself and i just associated words with them so she would learn.

I really wish we had some sort of agility set up here for her.......

she hasnt learnt 'stay' or wait yet though....... she doesnt like leads and she play bites when i try to change her collar :laugh:

she eats EVERYTHING! :shrug:

My Boy spat out a piece of apple I gave him. :thumbsup: He doesnt know how to drop the the toy for us though. He will run and grab the ball back to us but wont give us the ball. I think he likes to play tug.

I have been training him to "turn" and "spin". 1 cute move I taught him was to put his paw on our legs and we use the command "friend". Haha

I give him lots of treats when I put collar on him so he loves it and he knows lead = going out.

Nic

Firstly your pups are adorable! Thanks for sharing them with us:D

I can't believe I am posting this but I am expecting again after nearly ten years! Hudson, the golden retriever pup will be arriving in 5 weeks time. Sorry I don't have any pics to share with you just yet :)

I am totally amazed at the distinct calling you feel when the time is right to make these life changing decisions when previously there was no real desire or need. Ahh puppy fever is dangerous! What have we done!

Our nine year old retriever is starting to slow down so we feel that it is important to give her an extra purpose in life by mentoring this new pup and in return he will no doubt keep her entertained. Tia is the type of dog that is up for this type of challenge. I can see her mothering him as well as getting playful and dirty with him. Ah double trouble! We hope that the good times will outweigh the hard work.

Tia is such an amazing girl. I have hesitated getting a puppy as I have wondered how any pup could live up to Tia's sweet personality and her loyalty.

Is anyone else in the same boat? How has your existing dog reacted to the new addition to the family? How is Rover doing now?

We have just ordered a Humunga tongue toy. Have you seen the Chewy Vuitton handbag dog toy? Or the Dog Perignon Champagne dog toy? How about he Jimmy Chew shoe toy? Are there any other cute toys out there? Tia still loves plush toys but not the rubber ones so much. What is your dog's favourite toy? Does Maggie use her kong?

Is anyone else suffering so badly from puppy fever that they are planning a puppy shower with pupcakes and puplova?