Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Thank you k9angel. The whole litter died during the c section and so did the bitch. They have been sent off for autopsy as there was nothing during the pregnancy that indicated anything was wrong, even the late stage prog testing was as it had been previously. I feel so sorry for the breeder. She is devestated.

How heartbreaking - for you and the breeder. RIP little pup.

Guest Black Obsession

Hello everybodee

I'm waiting for a black female Labrador puppy.

I'm going to call her "Poppy" because it's such a pretty, colourful sounding name.

I love Labradors (especially the black ones); they're my ultimate favourite breed.

As soon as I have pics I will share them with you.

Have fun :)

Hello everybodee

I'm going to call her "Poppy" because it's such a pretty, colourful sounding name.

I love Labradors (especially the black ones); they're my ultimate favourite breed.

So am I, have you had a black lab before? I saw a choccy one at the Easter show once with the name poppy it's cute :)

Guest Black Obsession

Hello everybodee

So am I, have you had a black lab before? I saw a choccy one at the Easter show once with the name poppy it's cute :)

Yes, I have owned a black female before (but that was a long time ago).

Have you had one before? And have you thought of any names for your new puppy? Has yours been born yet? Mine will be born next Thursday.

The Royal Melbourne Show is on here soon (September 25, I think). A friend and I are going, to see the Labs. I wonder if the Labs are going to be there around the same time as the Newfoundlands? I would love to see them, too.

Yeah I have owned a black lab before, my girl passed in July from cancer she was 14, loved her more than the world. Will be very hard adapting to new lil girl.

No mine hasn't been born yet, I am waiting hopefully the next couple of weeks. Getting from a breeder who has the same bloodlines but obviously a lil further down the track as my last girl. They have said they can see 4 pups so hopefully fingers crossed ones a lil black girl.

Who's the breeder your buying from? Have they said roughly how much a lil black girl is these days?

Thank you k9angel. The whole litter died during the c section and so did the bitch. They have been sent off for autopsy as there was nothing during the pregnancy that indicated anything was wrong, even the late stage prog testing was as it had been previously. I feel so sorry for the breeder. She is devestated.

OMG how terrible. :(

R.I.P. to poor Mum and bubs. :rainbowbridge:

My thoughts are with you and the breeder. So sad.

Was it her first litter? her first time under anaesthetic? I wonder if she had a reaction to it? I hope the breeder gets answers. That would be so heartbreaking.

It was her third and final litter. She had been under anaesthetic previously with no issues. The breeder is also hoping for answers as it was imported semen and she doesn't breed very often. She is absolutely beside herself that she has lost her girl.

My puppy was born but died. :(

im so so sorry to hear this...Both for you and the breeder. How heartbreaking. Hugs to you and RIP puppies and mum.

Kinda feel a bit odd posting after such sad news like that but im picking up my girl tomorrow morning. Very excited. Im currently having the final solo cuddles with Riley before his world gets turned upside down with a sibling. He is going to absolutely love her (he is crazy about puppies)

YAYYYYYY. I cant believe the day has finally arrived.

My puppy was born but died. :(

im so so sorry to hear this...Both for you and the breeder. How heartbreaking. Hugs to you and RIP puppies and mum.

Kinda feel a bit odd posting after such sad news like that but im picking up my girl tomorrow morning. Very excited. Im currently having the final solo cuddles with Riley before his world gets turned upside down with a sibling. He is going to absolutely love her (he is crazy about puppies)

YAYYYYYY. I cant believe the day has finally arrived.

How did you go Riley's mum? How's the little girl?

Hi,

I was in here once before. Now I am doing it again.

I am getting a gorgeous male fawn Pug called Archie in mid October. He isn't physically a puppy as he's 14 months old, but I'm guessing he might be mentally, as he had to be revived at birth and suffered some form of brain damage. He has the wobbles and trips over his own feet a lot, but that just makes him extra special to us.

We had been talking about getting another Pug for a while and hubby suggested we get two, so they were company to each other. Archie has been raised with other Pugs his whole life, so he is used to it, and I am wondering if he'll miss having the company when he comes here.

So my question to you is:

Do you think he'd need company?

If we got another Pug would a male or female be better?

I'm not sure, and I'd rather like to wait and see how he goes first. But Hubby wants to add another one soon....which is why I'm asking.

Thanks

Lynn

Guest Black Obsession

Black Obsession my black labs mums name is Poppy :)

I think Poppy is a great name for a Lab! I considered "Emily" and "Charlotte" as well, but felt they were a bit too subdued.

Little Poppy will be born on Thursday and I am BURSTING with excitement!

I already have a nickname for her, too: "Popcorn Chicken" :laugh:

Ha ha Su my mum called my last lab, Sheba "Sh*thead" for a long time also. She distroyed the lawn the irrigation system everything, she was a wild little black thing. Thats why im a bit scared of a new little black one, lil black devil she's saying it will be. I dont remember most of the terrible thing sheba did when she was young cause i was only young as well.

Black Obsession my black labs mums name is Poppy :)

I think Poppy is a great name for a Lab! I considered "Emily" and "Charlotte" as well, but felt they were a bit too subdued.

Little Poppy will be born on Thursday and I am BURSTING with excitement!

I already have a nickname for her, too: "Popcorn Chicken" :laugh:

Good luck with your puppy.

Edited by Andisa

Hey there everyone.

Thought I'd jump in on this thread. Im mega excited. I've just put a deposit down on a pup thats not due until january. I know its a long wait but I'll get pick of the litter and Im extremely impressed with the lines (Corni Lotos) and the breeder seems like he's incredibly talented. Can't wait! I'm in the process of building run and kennel setups out the back of my property. Can't say who the dame (choice of three) will be just yet but it looks like the sire will be Felix Corni Lotos.

Hey there everyone.

Thought I'd jump in on this thread. Im mega excited. I've just put a deposit down on a pup thats not due until january. I know its a long wait but I'll get pick of the litter and Im extremely impressed with the lines (Corni Lotos) and the breeder seems like he's incredibly talented. Can't wait! I'm in the process of building run and kennel setups out the back of my property. Can't say who the dame (choice of three) will be just yet but it looks like the sire will be Felix Corni Lotos.

Felix Crni Lotos - sorry to correct the name but it does matter :D . He has sired several litters in Aus now, do a google search and check them out.

Congrats, looking forward to lots of photos when they arrive.

I have "Crni Lotos" lines too, beautiful dogs with lovely temperaments.

Edited by Andisa