Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Lappies are great :D They're just like big Pomeranians! :laugh:

I know what'll be my choice if I ever get a 2nd dog in the future. They're absolutely gorgeous dogs.

Mum did send some pics but it's so hard to see black poodle features with a bad camera :laugh: I've told her to take him outside tomorrow to get some sunlight and the grass as a contrast. He sounds beautiful. Today was the first time they met him, and they drove around 2hrs to the breeders house. Apparently there was a little puppy hanging around them from the moment they walked in the door and that was the puppy chosen for them so it sounds like the beginning of a wonderful journey for them all. It's so cute that he chose them without knowing that they were going to be his new owners.

Lappies are great dogs.

The only thing better than one dog is two dogs of course :laugh: I used to always have 2 dogs but have been a 1 dog household for 3 years now. My goldie hasnt been a well girl most of last year and a few other ailments with her knees were happening. Now shes doing very well healthwise i have chosen perfect timing to add another doggy to the household :thumbsup:

awww a Poodle? I work with poodles just about daily (i am a dog groomer).

Edited by LucyCharzie

Everyone seems to be getting lappies! :)

That's because they're awesome. ;)

I may be a bit biased...

Slightly off topic.. but I've been wanting to say for a while now how beautiful your dogs are!

I'm always stopping when I see your signature in a thread. Their markings are so brilliant :D

Ok I'll spill it's a Finnish Lapphund ;)

Woohoo! Another Lappie puppy!

Two sleeps to go for us!

Hi everyone,

I have already started to post in the Spitz thread but as I am going to meet our puppy today (same litter as LucyCharzie) thought I would join in here too.

We won't know for a few more weeks which pup will be ours and we are not going to do conformation but plan to do obedience/agility/rally-o etc

By the time the puppies are 8 weeks I will have relocated to Tasmania so this is a total lifestyle change/treechange. For the next few months I am having a break from working so the puppy is going to be my main focus (OH may start to feel a bit neglected I think LOL)

Starting to get very excited, there seem to be a lot of Lappies about or maybe their owners and future owners are just keen DOLers :)

Good luck ceeshell - looking forward to photos and updates.

Edited by weski

Everyone seems to be getting lappies! :)

That's because they're awesome. ;)

I may be a bit biased...

Slightly off topic.. but I've been wanting to say for a while now how beautiful your dogs are!

I'm always stopping when I see your signature in a thread. Their markings are so brilliant :D

Aww thanks. :) We love them both to death. I sometimes wonder how we got so lucky, because they're both lovely gentle girls too. :laugh:

I have 4 sleeps until my gorgeous Gertie the great dane pup arrives. So excited - and nervous. I like sleep... :laugh:

Great Dane pups are the best!! and only 4 days to go.. can't wait for some pictures!! :thumbsup:

Aww thanks. :) We love them both to death. I sometimes wonder how we got so lucky, because they're both lovely gentle girls too. :laugh:

:)

Went to visit Simi one last time before she comes home with us!

It was really hard trying to get any pics of her as she wouldn't keep still. She is the most outgoing and active pup in the litter and we think the cutest too :D

Here she is with my youngest daughter sharing a kiss

post-35373-0-62063700-1329626189_thumb.jpg

She comes home on Friday afternoon :thumbsup:

Aww Simi is so much smaller than I originally thought. What a cutie. Not long now!! :thumbsup:

She is a little shorty bum and is almost as wide as she is tall! The photos don't do her justice. She has the most adorable, boxy bulldog face. Hopefully when she comes home I will manage to get some better pics of her (I'll use my camera instead of my phone :o ) to show just how adorable she is.

Hi everyone,

I have already started to post in the Spitz thread but as I am going to meet our puppy today (same litter as LucyCharzie) thought I would join in here too.

We won't know for a few more weeks which pup will be ours and we are not going to do conformation but plan to do obedience/agility/rally-o etc

By the time the puppies are 8 weeks I will have relocated to Tasmania so this is a total lifestyle change/treechange. For the next few months I am having a break from working so the puppy is going to be my main focus (OH may start to feel a bit neglected I think LOL)

Starting to get very excited, there seem to be a lot of Lappies about or maybe their owners and future owners are just keen DOLers :)

How did you like the puppies? I seen them last week and boy are they soooooooooooooo adorable!!! I am thinking mine will be either black collar girl (cream), yellow collar girl (tri colour) or orange collar girl (tri colour). Did you get photos? ;)

Hi everyone,

How did you like the puppies? I seen them last week and boy are they soooooooooooooo adorable!!! I am thinking mine will be either black collar girl (cream), yellow collar girl (tri colour) or orange collar girl (tri colour). Did you get photos? ;)

I have photos but need one of my tech savvy offspring to show me how to upload :D. Not allowed to have a favourite at this stage they are all so huggable. LM knows my preference is a tri so I will wait to see who makes the cut as show potential pups. Most of the pups seem to like paddling (or in one case sleeping) in the water bowl so I had slightly damp puppy cuddles LOL

Glad you enjoyed your visit Weski, we drove over from Adelaide to visit the pups when we got Hales and we had the best time. Can't believe that was over a year ago!

Certainly did WA. 8 puppies in one session is a bit overwhelming for someone new to the wonderful world of dogs but they were gorgeous and I managed to cuddle all of them. It was fascinating to watch them all go from active to fast asleep in about 30 seconds :D. Mum looked like she will be relieved when the kids leave home - all those baby teeth.

question for you all.. i work 8 hour days and not able to come home for lunch to check puppy - i only get half hour lunches so no time to come home. I plan to take a week off to settle puppy into the family. Mum is home during the day most days, however if she needs to go out she would be gone only an hour here or there.

My questions are when i go back to work, should i have her in a puppy pen or with my older dog inside? and in regards to a pen, i have about 3 of the bunnings crates, would that be fine if i set one of those up with some toys, water and a bed for her when she cannot be supervised?