Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hi everyone!

I have been silently stalking this thread and reading about all of your beautiful puppies that are on their way. :thumbsup:

Currently I am waiting for my little border collie boy to be ready to join our family. He is lilac and white and super cute! Cannot wait for the breeder to say its okay to visit.

We are planning on calling him Remy.

Only 5 more weeks to go! :D

Hi Remy BC !

How exciting !!! thats about the same time we have to wait for ours to come and join us at our home :)

Remy is a lovely name. He sounds very cute! cant wait to see a pic of him!

We are hoping to go meet our little girl over the next week or two :)

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Hi Jules!

Oh yay someone else who knows the unbearable torment of waiting another 5 weeks!! :laugh:

We have pics of him but I will post some after we visit.

I was reading (maybe on DOL) that it can be a good idea to take something with your smell on it to leave with the pup when you visit? I have bought him a small snuggle blanket that I have been keeping in our lounge room and am wondering if it's a good idea or if the breeder won't like it? Decisions decisions...I don't want to come across as too eager (although I'm pretty sure my OH thinks I've gone completely dog crazy!) :D

Fingers crossed you get to meet your little girl very soon! :thumbsup:

Yes Remy i totally understand how it feels !! Ive been waiting forever even up to this point ! :)

Yes I have heard/read about taking something that has your smell on it as well to the puppy, but my husband thinks its a bit weird :o Hes just as excited about it as me tho!

I might even take a box of choccys or something for the breeder too! hope shes not reading this thread lol

Pleased to announce I have my samoyed puppy, Suleiman, home with me. I will post pictures when I have something other than my phone to take them on, and if he can hold still without being asleep :laugh:

fantastic !! looking fwd to seeing pics of him later !

How did his first night go at your place?

Thanks everybody :)

Little bit of whinging on his first night, but not for long. He was so exhausted from play when he retired to bed that after about five minutes he was out like a light.

He's now laying on top of a frozen orange juice bottle with his pink skineez flamingo, the aircon on and a fan. It's unbelievably hot outside. Even the tarmac is too hot in the shade to go and sit on. I've put a tiny bit of honey in his water and about five ice cubes. Watching for any sign of dehydration but he seems good thus far.

Once it's cooler in the evening I will get him in the garden for a run about.

Finally some photos for you all I lost my pick at 3.5 weeks still not sure why but since then have fallen in love with these 2 and cannot part with them so convinced OH that I need to keep both of them LOL! so guess the mob is extending to 6

They're 5 weeks old tomorrow

First one is our girl Miss Twist (Darkrai Twisted Sunshine)and the 2nd one is the little boy Bazinga (Zing) (Darkrai All That N Sunshine)Loving my bubbies and loving seeing them grow! Cant wait to experience the world together as right now the living room is a rather boring place :(

Congrats to everyone who are expecting bundles of joy :D

post-5828-0-23796800-1357555655_thumb.jpg

post-5828-0-72625100-1357555656_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! I've posted on the Cocker thread though I am happy to post in this thread aswell that I been one of those silent lurking DOLers and so happy to say, I will be picking up my first English cocker spaniel puppy in just 6days!!!cheer.gif

I haven't owned a puppy in years so I am nervous and excited to go through all the efforts of being a puppy owner againbiggrin.gif.

So far I am crossing off my list of "Things to buy" and trying to be as prepared as I can before the arrival of the pup. Any advice is appreciated!

Still haven't made up my mind whether I should buy a crate and crate train my puppy or not...

Some photos of my girl when I visited her at 2weeks ago 5weekslove.gif.

As for puppy names, I have always said I will name my next female dog "Yoness" though when I visited my girl, I found that she had a very Marilyn monroe mole like black dot marking right near the muzzle and now I can't seem to get the name "Monroe" out of my mind. So now I'm tossing between the two names and I don't think it I will make up my mind until last minute when the pup finally arrives homenoidea.gif

post-47624-0-31809900-1357591972_thumb.jpg

post-47624-0-30945900-1357591975_thumb.jpg