Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I don't even know which pup is mine yet (I know he will be one of 3 blue merle boys, 2 full tails or a 1/4 tail), but I have deliveries arriving next week and a lot of my basics already covered!

Already bought:

Brush, comb, collar and leash, shampoo and conditioner. Already have nail clippers.

Paid for and coming next week:

Crate, a heap of toys (chew, soft, sqeeky, tugs, balls)

Still to get: Crate mat, outside kennel and mat for that, bowls, long line, old towels/blankets from vinnies. A comforter toy and kong wobbler or similar.

Of course food and I'll get a harness fitted when I get him.

Oh and the puppy!

Lisa - Mustn't forget the puppy! :laugh:

KyKy- Ah I'm a little further north so Philip was perfect for me :-)

Steph - You can count sleeps now! How exciting!

We're visiting Louis this evening. The problem right now is that the vet wants him to stay at the breeder's until he's doing two poos a day. But it looks like he doesn't NEED to go that often! Now that his sister is gone, the Piglet label doesn't suit anymore.

He's not constipated, he's not 'holding it', he's not trying to go. So I kind of feel like we might be waiting forever for something that will not come, while he should be home with us. In the meantime, we (breeder and us) can see that the puppy is just fine, so who knows what's going to happen.

Breeder feels bad, embarrassed, she says. Because she is a reputable breeder and hasn't had this happen before, but to be honest we feel she's been amazing, and has become more of a friend than just "the person we're buying a puppy from".

Oh she shouldn't worry!

How can you make a puppy poo if it doesn't feel the urge? If the vet says (as it sounds) it's not so much medical as a habit thing it's hardly her fault!

She sounds lovely!!

I can! I am organising transport and everything today, wondering if I can take the day off work on the Friday or just do it on the saturday ;)

Only 3! Time really does fly.

Louis settled quickly. He had a good whinge after being put in his pen, but he soon got the hint and settled down for a nap. He'd had lots of cuddles back at the breeder's (OH was fixing her computer), and he'll get some more before bedtime.

We are gaga over him, over how well behaved he is (apart from normal puppy behaviour).

Of course, by saying that I've probably jinxed it.

Koda is gorgeous!

Welcome Fairystar, Samoyeds are stunning, can't wait to see pics!

Louis is sitting on my lap, trying to che my ipad. He woke up at 5:30 (always does, like clockwork) and did a wee outside the newspaper, while I ducked out for about a millisecond. Then he splashed out on his water bowl in his excitement to be SET FREE from his pen.

I just want to sleep! (Disclaimer: He slept through the night, I was the one who didn't.)

Welcome Fairystar!! The wait for your puppy is sometimes soooo endless. :(

Koda is VERY kissable, you just want to give him a squeeze. :love:

I have....2 SLEEPS TO GO!!! And I have to go buy some zip ties. *sigh* I forgot the zip ties. :banghead:

It's been really amazing going on this puppy ride and the different stages of belief/disbelief...excitement/terror....doubt/certainty....LOL.

I'm in the terror, excitement, this is all a dream stage right now. I'm sure later it will just be terror and panic (am I ready? am I organise? :laugh:)

We have 11 days now and I am in a blind panic. Struck down by a chest infection so I am on the couch in blankets barking panicked orders at poor Brooke. I feel like a Disney villain, I should start singing my orders and wearing too much makeup and an elaborate outfit.

Our current point of pain is the previous tenants here left all sorts of shite in the garden beds and in the lawn, kids toys, old jars, cups, medicine bottles, rotting towels, old clothes pegs, even old onions and potatoes that have just been thrown out the door?

There were a handful of young kids, like, 4 under 5 I believe, but still. Pretty gross.

So I have to get my gardening gloves on and go through the garden and go over the yard with a rake before we mow, OH and hire a mower. Haha.

Sounds easy enough but I've been up all night worrying about getting it done. I should be counting down my sleep ins!

My biggest consolation is that we have everything we need, minus food and puppy, the food ships overnight when we know what it is and we have a great superstore on the way back from the airport and a freezer full of various puppy meats.

It turns you into a neurotic nutcase. I've been driving mum mad with photos here and there.

How do new parents even live? I'm this bad with a puppy, I should book myself in to get neutered at the same time! Haha.

Might get a two for one!

We have 11 days now and I am in a blind panic. Struck down by a chest infection so I am on the couch in blankets barking panicked orders at poor Brooke. I feel like a Disney villain, I should start singing my orders and wearing too much makeup and an elaborate outfit.

Our current point of pain is the previous tenants here left all sorts of shite in the garden beds and in the lawn, kids toys, old jars, cups, medicine bottles, rotting towels, old clothes pegs, even old onions and potatoes that have just been thrown out the door?

There were a handful of young kids, like, 4 under 5 I believe, but still. Pretty gross.

So I have to get my gardening gloves on and go through the garden and go over the yard with a rake before we mow, OH and hire a mower. Haha.

Sounds easy enough but I've been up all night worrying about getting it done. I should be counting down my sleep ins!

My biggest consolation is that we have everything we need, minus food and puppy, the food ships overnight when we know what it is and we have a great superstore on the way back from the airport and a freezer full of various puppy meats.

It turns you into a neurotic nutcase. I've been driving mum mad with photos here and there.

How do new parents even live? I'm this bad with a puppy, I should book myself in to get neutered at the same time! Haha.

Might get a two for one!

:) Hope you get better Steph, it will work out. if you are worried about the yard maybe pop to bunnings and get a pack or two of the "compost fencing" to make a safe area for the pup while you work on the rest to get it ready, that way you won't have to rush rush.

I found www.petsplus.com.au a really good store for bits and prices are not bad at all, shipping is also fast.

I'll be fine! I am just sooking! Haha. I will get on it today or whine til boyfriend does it. Haha.

We need to mow, shame of my life. Might be extra nice to my little brother two suburbs over, he's handy as anything!

Bunnings is in order this week anyway, there's one next to work!