Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

whippytails, my girl is a Rottweiler. :)

Only really showing because her breeder asked me if I would. I told them that if she was good enough I would...so they asked me if I was going to show. :laugh:

I said, Yes. I'm happy to put their name out there, and I hope that I will title her for them. I'm not interested in breeding. Initially I wanted her for obedience and that will still be my focus with shows chucked in for variety.

I also think if she is that good conformationally, it would be a shame not to show her.

I hope that I will be up with Cassie in the lineup. :laugh:

We can all be newbies in the show ring together. Sounds like she will be a good showing prospect then.

Any idea when your first show will be?

Cassie I assume it will be a little while before you can get all the paperwork sorted out and start showing?

Not sure at this stage, we'll see how her show training goes. We are thinking of the Adelaide Royal.

Cassie sounds like a big headache. Do you need something different to register them?

It's not too bad I suppose, just more "work" than I initially realised. I have to provide proof of his identification, his export pedigree, and proof of his transportation. It's not a lot really but Dogs SA just aren't being overly helpful to me - a newbie to it all.

Cassie I assume it will be a little while before you can get all the paperwork sorted out and start showing?

I'm trying hard to enter some shows that are on 15th and 16th June, but entries close tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll get in on time! :o

I'm waiting for a litter to be conceived so might be waiting a while to get in the ring.

Sounds like you will be out in the ring in no time Cassie. Can the person that has Sumo sister help you out as I imagine you both need to do the same thing?

Yes she's a friend of mine and is very helpful :) I was going to call her and ask for advice tonight but time just got away from me! Too much playing with the pup :p I think I'll try to enter these shows anyway, as the fee for Baby Puppies is only $6 per show, so if I lose out on $12 then so be it! :)

As a puppy - no. I'll bath him and make sure his nails are trimmed and his coat is clean, but his puppy coat doesn't need a lot of grooming. An adult long haired Saint requires a lot longer to wash, dry and brush though.

Jack I'm so jealous of you! You get your Aussie before me frown.gif

You will have to bombard us with photos!

In other news, I spent more money on still unknown puppy today laugh.gif

Also I think I have a name picked out! What does everyone think of Nova for a Blue Merle Aussie boy? Nova as in explosion of a star :)

Yes that's what I was thinking, but after doing some searching, it's apparently a popular boys name in Sweden smile.gif

So why not? And of course a Star name tag will be a must.

Edited by LisaCC