Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hehe, funny how different areas think of different names. I'm from a completely different part of the world, and think of Nova as a boys name.

I got Louis a tag from easy which has a little fleur de lys. I thought it would be perfect, and it says "Louis the Great". Of course it's just for show, the one with contact details is a different one.

Thanks Jack :)

Melina I automatically thought it was a boys name until everyone started telling me it's a girls name. Then Sweden proved me right! Go Sweden! Where about are you from?

The Fleur de lys sounds perfect :) Louis was a name I was pondering earlier on too.

Edited by LisaCC

I'm from South America (Argentina), though after nearly a decade spent in the UK I feel more British. I've always been fascinated by cultural and linguistic differences though. I'm also a history nut, hence Louis the Great :D

Edited by Melina Bea

Cassie how did you go with the paperwork today? Cant wait to hear about your adventures in the show ring

After a few more phone calls and emails, I have entered Sumo in his first shows yay :D 15th and 16th June, but we may only get to one of them. Time to start practising!

Yes that's what I was thinking, but after doing some searching, it's apparently a popular boys name in Sweden smile.gif

So why not? And of course a Star name tag will be a must.

You'll get used to people assuming he's a girl. Even when you say "His name is Nova" they will say "Oh isn't she sweet" and you'll say "yes, he is" and they will say "oh, a boy, sorry" and you'll smile sweetly whilst stabbing them in your head :laugh:

My female pugs name is Max, I go through this regularly~

Yes that's what I was thinking, but after doing some searching, it's apparently a popular boys name in Sweden smile.gif

You'll get used to people assuming he's a girl. Even when you say "His name is Nova" they will say "Oh isn't she sweet" and you'll say "yes, he is" and they will say "oh, a boy, sorry" and you'll smile sweetly whilst stabbing them in your head :laugh:

:laugh:

I wonder if Koda will be mistaken for a girl, the black tri's though usually are associated with male and the blue Merle's are usually taken as female from first look, specially when they have a pretty face :D

Dory gets this ALL the time, and she is a GIRL with a GIRL'S name (okay, it's a fish too :laugh: )

I think because she is scruffy and has a beard they assume boy. (Aaannnnd her constant cocking her leg on things probably doesn't help with the image either. :D )

PS....FIVE HOURS TO GO.....

Thank god I'm at work, I'd be picketing the airport terminal by now.

Well I've already resigned to the fact that people here have no Idea what an Aussie is and will call him a fat Border collie, and if he is one of the NBTs "Why did you chop off his tail??"

Hopefully when he's fully grown and has his big ruff, it will be a little more obvious he is a boy!

Thats odd about Dory!

Edited by LisaCC

Dory gets this ALL the time, and she is a GIRL with a GIRL'S name (okay, it's a fish too :laugh: )

I think because she is scruffy and has a beard they assume boy. (Aaannnnd her constant cocking her leg on things probably doesn't help with the image either. :D )

PS....FIVE HOURS TO GO.....

Thank god I'm at work, I'd be picketing the airport terminal by now.

Eeek, I bet its hard for you to work, like it is for me haha :laugh:

Well I've already resigned to the fact people that here have no Idea what an Aussie is and will call him a fat Border collie, and if he is one of the NBTs "Why did you chop off his tail??"

Hopefully when he's fully grown and has his big ruff, it will be a little more obvious he is a boy!

Thats odd about Dory!

Haha, a few have asked if my Koda was a collie, I guess at a young age its hard to tell when the brown is not showing.