Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Congratulations on the new puppy :)

We also have willow on our list as well as bella ... Not sure for a boy yet, as we don't know which sex, as we cannot pick as I wNt girl and hubby wants boy! so the breeder is :)

Looking forward to all the pictures xx

I have my show trolley ordered and also the crate for home. Exciting start to the purchasing

I purchased some material today, Chocolate brown and baby blue. Going to attempt to make a crate cover this weekend. I'll post the results if they are worthy :)

I don't want to make everyone jealous...but.....

I went to bed early last night with trepidation. Willow had had a big sleep and I thought for sure she'd keep me awake most of the night. NOPE! :D

She slept through the whole night and woke me up after a solid 8-9 hours sleep. I thought for sure she'd peed in her crate as the only explanation (aside from her being a LEGEND).

Guess what?

She's a LEGEND. :thumbsup: A dry crate.

She's very busy this morning.

I don't want to make everyone jealous...but.....

I went to bed early last night with trepidation. Willow had had a big sleep and I thought for sure she'd keep me awake most of the night. NOPE! :D

She slept through the whole night and woke me up after a solid 8-9 hours sleep. I thought for sure she'd peed in her crate as the only explanation (aside from her being a LEGEND).

Guess what?

She's a LEGEND. :thumbsup: A dry crate.

She's very busy this morning.

Awesome news Dory, she must have been so happy to be home with you she slept all night peacefully as well :laugh:

27 Hours to go for me till Koda is in my hands... soooooooooooo excited right now. :D

Edited by JackC

JackC :thumbsup: What are you doing to make the time fly?

I'm meant to be working but seem to find myself on this website every 10min :laugh:

After work I have my weekly bowling league from 8:30pm till 10:30/11pm so it will fly then, might have to think of something to do between 6pm and 8pm

I am also picking up a new car tomorrow so its gonna be a killer day;

getting up at 5:30am, leaving home at 6:20am

OH dropping me at the station at 6:30am

taking train from there to car dealership on other side of city, arriving at 8am

leaving dealership with new car around 9am

heading to petsplus to pick-up crate and bedding at 9:30-10am

going straight from there to Alfoxton arriving around 12noon-12:30pm

leaving there around 1:00-1:30pm

getting back home about 2-2:30pm

Trying to spend as much time as I can with the pup as we have an event we must organise out of home at 4pm (leave at 3:30)

Pup will be at home from 3:30 till 6pm latest (2.5 hours), most likley indoors in the pen as it will be getting dark and cold, or outside if we are comfortable with it

Back home at 6pm after event to spend the rest of the night with the pup

probably not sleeping well as he will be up all night

Free all sat and sun for pup time

Sunday is planned for friend and family visits for gradual socilization

:eek: that is a full schedule!

You'll be exhausted by the time you get back to work next week.

Willow is sound asleep at my feet, Dory is on the other lounge asleep and one of the cats (Oscar the older one) is snoozing with Dory. Poor Bungee (younger cat about 6mths) is STILL throwing a pouty and refuses to come closer to look at Willow. I think she's not happy about having competition in the cute stakes. :laugh:

Willow is still cautious about the cats, this is a good thing. I'm hoping that it means everyone will just mesh together with no naughty puppies chasing cats.

I should be doing some housework while she sleeps. Instead I'm on the computer while I have a window of time when the power cord is safe from little teeth. :laugh:

She's already got herself stuck behind and under the couch at least once this morning. She figured out to get out the second time, but she didn't do it easily.

:eek: that is a full schedule!

You'll be exhausted by the time you get back to work next week.

Willow is sound asleep at my feet, Dory is on the other lounge asleep and one of the cats (Oscar the older one) is snoozing with Dory. Poor Bungee (younger cat about 6mths) is STILL throwing a pouty and refuses to come closer to look at Willow. I think she's not happy about having competition in the cute stakes. :laugh:

Willow is still cautious about the cats, this is a good thing. I'm hoping that it means everyone will just mesh together with no naughty puppies chasing cats.

I should be doing some housework while she sleeps. Instead I'm on the computer while I have a window of time when the power cord is safe from little teeth. :laugh:

She's already got herself stuck behind and under the couch at least once this morning. She figured out to get out the second time, but she didn't do it easily.

:laugh: sounds like willow is having a good time investigating the house

luckily my computer and TV cables are all on one side of the lounge and I can use the pen dividers to block off that area when the pup has access to the house so no cables are close to small mouths, I have also used power socket covers on all other electrical sockets on the house, the ones you use for a new born to stop them putting there finger in there just in case Koda thinks it might be a nice thing to lick, the couch was a worry but the breeder said they have never gone under her's and he's probably too big now to fit under our smaller ones, the chairs I don't mind as there is a good gap but was initially worried about the sofa.

I have my show trolley ordered and also the crate for home. Exciting start to the purchasing

Which one did you get? I've just ordered an OKS one. I decided I couldn't be bothered dismantling Tango's crate every time we go to a show, because it doubles as my bedside table, and I needed something to groom him on as well. Now I have 2-3 weeks to convince the husband that I absolutely needed it!

I also ordered the OKS one. I went with the a standard 2 berth with close bars, water rails and wheels with brakes. Looking to pay for it around the 11th so Martin said it will be ready by then. Also went with grey matting instead of the blue or burgundy.

Sounds like Willows first night went great, hopefully tonight is the same also.

Lisa cant wait to see your pictures of your crate cover. I assume my crate will arrive early next week. I will then work on a crate mat, blanket and cover for it also. All exciting things.

JackC are you showing your pup as well? You have a hugely busy day tomorrow hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

I also ordered the OKS one. I went with the a standard 2 berth with close bars, water rails and wheels with brakes. Looking to pay for it around the 11th so Martin said it will be ready by then. Also went with grey matting instead of the blue or burgundy.

Sounds like Willows first night went great, hopefully tonight is the same also.

Lisa cant wait to see your pictures of your crate cover. I assume my crate will arrive early next week. I will then work on a crate mat, blanket and cover for it also. All exciting things.

JackC are you showing your pup as well? You have a hugely busy day tomorrow hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

Hi Whippy,

I've been asked a few times but I'm not a show type guy really, I do enjoy going to the shows to watch but have no patience to keep the dog maintained to a show level, I may when he is a bit older start training for something to keep us both busy :laugh: so far though I'll be happy as Larry if he likes a good tennis ball and a good trek.

Might consider doing something like Frisbee or agility at a later age

post-25847-0-65652200-1369818066_thumb.jpg

Isn't she bewdiful? :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'm trying to resize another one, but this one should hold you over. :laugh:

We've had a poo in the house already (this is what happens when 17yrs are on puppy duty).

The cats have finally decided a new puppy ain't so bad. HAH...What till tomorrow when she's more comfortable. :rofl:

And Dory continues to think she pretty neat too. :D

Yay finally oh she is devine. can I be nosey and ask pedigree??? look forward to watching her grow. beware they are like chips can't stop at one IMO rofl :D

post-25847-0-65652200-1369818066_thumb.jpg

Isn't she bewdiful? :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'm trying to resize another one, but this one should hold you over. :laugh:

We've had a poo in the house already (this is what happens when 17yrs are on puppy duty).

The cats have finally decided a new puppy ain't so bad. HAH...What till tomorrow when she's more comfortable. :rofl:

And Dory continues to think she pretty neat too. :D

Yay finally oh she is devine. can I be nosey and ask pedigree??? look forward to watching her grow. beware they are like chips can't stop at one IMO rofl :D

Sure Emery. :) She's from Blickscharf Kennels. Her dad is NRCA & Aust. Ch. Obershchoen Black Ash, her mum is Blickscharf Sascha.

She sure is beautiful, I'm looking forward to watching her grow too. I feel very blessed and honoured that her breeders thought I was worthy of such a fantastic looking dog. Her temperament is looking pretty awesome too. :D

I'm going to show you guys this now, because I'm pretty damn impressed with myself biggrin.gif. It's not finished but I have exams coming up and this took way too long (around 5 hours) just to get it to this stage so it might not get finished for a few more weeks!

Here is my attempt at making a crate cover, 3 1/4 sides done. 1 door done, when rolled up it's currently held by my calculator and some stuff as I forgot to buy buttons. Oops.

Excuse the dodgy lighting, but it works in my favour as you can't see the crappy details that comes with not sewing anything by machine in 6 years or so!

I think I'll try and replace the velcro dots with white ones too.

post-44325-0-63685700-1369917810_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-69197000-1369917817_thumb.jpg

post-44325-0-47851300-1369917827_thumb.jpg