Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

post-25847-0-65652200-1369818066_thumb.jpg

Isn't she bewdiful? :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'm trying to resize another one, but this one should hold you over. :laugh:

We've had a poo in the house already (this is what happens when 17yrs are on puppy duty).

The cats have finally decided a new puppy ain't so bad. HAH...What till tomorrow when she's more comfortable. :rofl:

And Dory continues to think she pretty neat too. :D

Yay finally oh she is devine. can I be nosey and ask pedigree??? look forward to watching her grow. beware they are like chips can't stop at one IMO rofl :D

Sure Emery. :) She's from Blickscharf Kennels. Her dad is NRCA & Aust. Ch. Obershchoen Black Ash, her mum is Blickscharf Sascha.

She sure is beautiful, I'm looking forward to watching her grow too. I feel very blessed and honoured that her breeders thought I was worthy of such a fantastic looking dog. Her temperament is looking pretty awesome too. :D

Awesome kennel and both lovely dogs. I hope you have a blast with her I am sure she will be everything you want her to be. Hopefully that is a big lap dog rofl :D

Welcome Koda. Wow he's stunning. Hows the new car as well Jack?

Hows Willow doing? Is she settling into her crate and not singing out as much?

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.

The car is great, perfect size for me and will be great for Koda when he grows as well

Welcome Koda. Wow he's stunning. Hows the new car as well Jack?

Hows Willow doing? Is she settling into her crate and not singing out as much?

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.

Willow The Pirhana Puppy? LOL.

She 'gets' crate time now. We get little sooks and no more howls.

She's pretty persistent too. Doesn't take No very well (just ask Dory).

In her Bitey moments I've been trying to do some basic exercises to channel it more constructively. But the clever bugger figures a treat in the hand is not worth an attempt on the treat bowl.

She's loves exploring new places, boldly. :D

4 days (and 53 mins) left!

The 'nursery' is set up. My family are laughing at me because it really is like a nursery, I have gone way overboard and am as nervous as a new mum. Driving them all mad!

4 days (and 53 mins) left!

The 'nursery' is set up. My family are laughing at me because it really is like a nursery, I have gone way overboard and am as nervous as a new mum. Driving them all mad!

:) know exactly how you feel, well dad side anyway

Steph may we have a picture of this Nursery? smile.gif

How is Koda settling in Jack? Have you taken him on any adventures yet?

I've already been sussing out all the dog friendly cafes. Surprisingly I haven't had one cafe say No to having a dog out the front, even the ones on the main street. Bonus' of living in the country I guess! But my home Town wasn't as dog friendly as this!

I'm a bad student and finished off this crate cover this weekend, so when I get some more time today I'll upload some pictures biggrin.gif

Not long to go Steph. YAY, any pics of your "nursery"

How was your first weekend with your pups Jack and Dory? No doubt busy and fun.

Cant wait to see pics of your finished crate cover Lisa. I am waiting for mine to arrive but cant get the tracking number to work on the couriers please website. Hope it doesnt arrive when Im not home

Steph may we have a picture of this Nursery? smile.gif

How is Koda settling in Jack? Have you taken him on any adventures yet?

I've already been sussing out all the dog friendly cafes. Surprisingly I haven't had one cafe say No to having a dog out the front, even the ones on the main street. Bonus' of living in the country I guess! But my home Town wasn't as dog friendly as this!

I'm a bad student and finished off this crate cover this weekend, so when I get some more time today I'll upload some pictures biggrin.gif

Not long to go Steph. YAY, any pics of your "nursery"

How was your first weekend with your pups Jack and Dory? No doubt busy and fun.

Cant wait to see pics of your finished crate cover Lisa. I am waiting for mine to arrive but cant get the tracking number to work on the couriers please website. Hope it doesnt arrive when Im not home

Hi Lisa,

It was good, he is still struggling to adapt to bed times, howls allot at night, usually for 10min then sleeps for 30-40 then repeats, It might be a toilet thing as well as when I get him up in the morning he is usually waiting for me and does a poop outside straight away, sometimes two, might have to get myself up in the middle of the night to let him out, or maybe its the fact he's alone, might add a radio near him to help him sleep.

Rest of the day he is good, we had a few outings, mostly the park across from my house when there was no-one there, lots of off-lead work as well, he has a very good recall, he usually follows me but sometimes something catches his eye or nose and he goes off, If I call he immediately stops and comes back, very proud.

Only one accident inside but it was my fault as I should have seen him looking for a place to poop and we were in the bedroom (fluffy carpets) so he started there, me carrying him to the lawn while he is still pooping :rofl: so glad the breeder had him on VAN and he still is so its not loose :laugh:

He is a good boy really, sleeps when inside with my and plays outside, hates being along but I guess that's normal for a pup, he is outside today while I work but my OH is on afternoon shift so she is looking after him till 2:30pm then I will be back at 6pm.

I miss him, allot, just want to quit work and stay home each day or take him out. :cry:

Can't wait to get home.

I will photograph madly when I get home.

It looks nicer than our room at the moment, I need to have a good clean up tonight.

I was thinking perhaps moving the whole thing into our room, but have Bunnings ordering me some magical compost panels, so we shall see how quick that happens.

Sounds like he's had a good first few days Jack, I'm sure he will settle in to the night routine fast enough.

Great about the toilet training, I have heard from lots of people that Aussies are pretty quick to toilet train.

Hope you don't come home to a wrecked back yard :)

So I had an old thread about Crate covers so I updated it and added the finished product photos in it. If you are interested check it out :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/242550-custom-crate-covers-pros-and-cons/

I got those crackle balls and the 'fish' version of that ducky toy. Let me tell you know, it looks nothing like a fish. /

I have my eye on these;

https://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1936

We have a chea plush ducky but I do not see him lasting long.

And a Max Pack backpack, and some Nina Ottosson puzzles....

The list goes on!

These are just what I could get on Free shipping. I love the Dura fused Ducky, Nice quality, should of bought all three I think. They aren't on Free shipping any more though :(

I like those Duck ones! Wait till pups are older for the back packs :)

I will photograph madly when I get home.

It looks nicer than our room at the moment, I need to have a good clean up tonight.

I was thinking perhaps moving the whole thing into our room, but have Bunnings ordering me some magical compost panels, so we shall see how quick that happens.

Which bunnings did you try?

The one on ballarat road had about 10 packs when I was there last, also there is watergardens that had 4-5 packs last I checked.

Lisa thanks, hoping as well the backyard will be ok, but I have prepared myself if its not :D

Also a good tip for joining them is to not us the provided springs (sharp) but buy a pack of medium size zip ties.

Edited by JackC