Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Yeah sleep has been very little....the excitement has been high.

It's 2 pm and I just want to go to sleep so that I can wake up and then it will only be one more sleep hehehehe.

At the same time, theres still more to do in prep for her arrival.

I have bought everything I need now (and then some), just going over puppy proofing the home. Each time I think it's done, I see

something else that I have missed. I am sure that when the puppy arrives, she will show me more I have missed hehehe.

And just today, I have started to feel nervous too.

I know I make a great companion to animals but you still cant help feel nervous. She is my first dog (apart from childhood family dog) and I just want

to give her the best life I can.

I know I make a great companion to animals but you still cant help feel nervous. She is my first dog (apart from childhood family dog) and I just want

Ishy you will be fine :laugh:

I'm so excited for you !!

hugs chi4me :laugh:

Thanks Dogluva - I must admit to feeling very down the last couple of days and to top it all off my crate and goodies for my little one arrived this afternoon.

However, I have been in contact with the Chihuahua club here and am going out to meet some people next week, so hopefully - fingers crossed - I will find my new family member very soon.

~~~~~~~~

Chiwogabull - Peroni is absolutely gorgeous!!! makes me want to give cuddles and snuggles :p

Yeah sleep has been very little....the excitement has been high.

It's 2 pm and I just want to go to sleep so that I can wake up and then it will only be one more sleep hehehehe.

At the same time, theres still more to do in prep for her arrival.

I have bought everything I need now (and then some), just going over puppy proofing the home. Each time I think it's done, I see

something else that I have missed. I am sure that when the puppy arrives, she will show me more I have missed hehehe.

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!

You must be excited!!!!

I know....less than 24 hours now!!

I was going to say.........you have nooooooooo idea how excited I am but then of course, you would have a good idea of how I am feeling.

We have to leave at 5am to get there about 9:30-10am.

I am already tired as I just couldnt sleep last night.

I know....less than 24 hours now!!

I was going to say.........you have nooooooooo idea how excited I am but then of course, you would have a good idea of how I am feeling.

We have to leave at 5am to get there about 9:30-10am.

I am already tired as I just couldnt sleep last night.

Sooo exciting!!! You must seriously flood us with pics! Eeek, 5am. I'm sure it'll be worth it though, and you probably won't sleep anyway :laugh:

Sooo exciting!!! You must seriously flood us with pics! Eeek, 5am. I'm sure it'll be worth it though, and you probably won't sleep anyway :rofl:

Oh pics will come, you can trust that!!

Leaving at 5am (waking at 4am) is the smallest sacrifice because like you said, it will be completely worth it.

And I WILL sleep tonight. I plan on taking something and going to bed suppppper early. It's going to be a huge day tomorrow....for both myself, the OH and our puppy! I need at least one good long sleep before a few weeks or longer of waking up every few hours to let the puppy go toilet etc.

Anyway, got an afternoon to finish off getting ready....time to set the home crate up, final check of puppy proofing home, packing car with travel crate, towels, blankets etc..

Sooo exciting!!! You must seriously flood us with pics! Eeek, 5am. I'm sure it'll be worth it though, and you probably won't sleep anyway :laugh:

Oh pics will come, you can trust that!!

Leaving at 5am (waking at 4am) is the smallest sacrifice because like you said, it will be completely worth it.

And I WILL sleep tonight. I plan on taking something and going to bed suppppper early. It's going to be a huge day tomorrow....for both myself, the OH and our puppy! I need at least one good long sleep before a few weeks or longer of waking up every few hours to let the puppy go toilet etc.

Anyway, got an afternoon to finish off getting ready....time to set the home crate up, final check of puppy proofing home, packing car with travel crate, towels, blankets etc..

Ishy do you have puppy yet???

I do! I do! She is everything I had hoped for...and then some.

We left at 5am this morning...got home at about 6pm.

What a day for us all!!

More detailed update to follow soon.

Puppy has just gone to sleep in her crate so that my cue to go get some sleep while I can!